Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Cocopeat for mushroom cultivation ???

Register

Click Here!

lovejeevan

Hi all,

I wish to know about the mushroom cultivation with Cocopeat. I see the cocopeat is very cheap substrate.

3 tons of cocopeat cost less than 8000-10000. Please mail me the possible out come of the cultivation for mushroom.

Is it worth doing with cocopeat ????

thanks and regards,
Jeevan

Last edited by a moderator:

pradeeprokade

Dear JEEVAN,

The rice / wheat hey chopped 15 to 25 mm length is much cheaper and better option compare to coco-peat also it is easy to disinfect , it creates more hollow pockets to grow mushroom faster. Coco-peat has more demand in nursery and poly/ green house where you can get more price.

Regards
pradeep rokade

I wish to know about the mushroom cultivation with Cocopeat. I see the cocopeat is very cheap substrate.

3 tons of cocopeat cost less than 8000-10000. Please mail me the possible out come of the cultivation for mushroom.

thanks and regards,
Jeevan

ganesh2cbe

Cocopeat or Paddy straw.......

I completely dont know about the indepth about the process.

one should be more important about the cost and availability

lovejeevan

I heard the substrate is different in different places...

In tamil nadu...... paddy straw..... in orissa...... some kind of vermi compost ...... in kerala ..... coir..... or coco peats......

different place and different substrates......... different climatic conditions.....

really gaps...... in the knowledge sharing.............

lovejeevan

Dear JEEVAN,

The rice / wheat hey chopped 15 to 25 mm length is much cheaper and better option compare to coco-peat also it is easy to disinfect , it creates more hollow pockets to grow mushroom faster. Coco-peat has more demand in nursery and poly/ green house where you can get more price.

Regards
pradeep rokade

thanks and regards,
Jeevan
Hi pradeep......

I read your post clearly..........

"rice / wheat hey chopped 15 to 25 mm " length is much cheaper

Is it available for sale in tamil nadu ???

pradeeprokade

mushroom cultivation

Yes , Paddy straw is available plenty in entire south india and most of the places in other parts of india. In the north region you can use wheat straw.

Regards
pradeep rokade

lovejeevan

Yes , Paddy straw is available plenty in entire south india and most of the places in other parts of india. In the north region you can use wheat straw.

Regards
pradeep rokade
hi pradeep .......

may i know what will be the cost of the wheat / rice straw.. ??? per kg or per tonne.

I dont have any idea of how much time will it take for a person ( labour ) put bags per day.

only a rough idea..... please suggest.... i also like to ask... cocopeat medium wont it work for mushroom cultivation ???

neelshah

Cocopeat as substrate..

Coco peat can only be used as casing soil and not substrate for mushrooms requiring casing soil like buttons and milkys... It has no nutritional value and great water holdong capacity, two important chatacteristics for casing.

neelshah

hi pradeep .......

may i know what will be the cost of the wheat / rice straw.. ??? per kg or per tonne.

I dont have any idea of how much time will it take for a person ( labour ) put bags per day.

only a rough idea..... please suggest.... i also like to ask... cocopeat medium wont it work for mushroom cultivation ???
Paddy straw near bombay is 2300 per ton and wheat straw is 3200 per ton.. We use sugarcane bagasse at 3200 per ton at our farm for buttons. As for bagging compost, about 15 people should be able to bag 10,000 kgs per day. again these are white button mushroom figures