Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Chrysanthemum rooted plants for cut flower production

Register

Click Here!

seemantini

Chrysanthemum rooted plants for cut flower production
chrysanthemum cuttings available for sale for cut flower production at MIDC talegaon Pune
I can also guide you through the procedure as we go along.

The out line project is some what like this

Start planting 1st August onwards
Flush starts end Nov-Dec
The maths :
At Rs 3 /rooted cutting
If you plant 10000 cuttings have to be bought at 24/squ mtr on a 1.0 mt bed with 3 laterals, these yield a minimum of 30000 cut flowers or 3000 bundles between nov and dec. The minimum rate for mums bunch at this time of year is Rs60/bunch i.e Rs1,80,000 in 4 mths
If you prune the crop well after harvest and manage the lights, you can make your own plants for the next season and avoid plant cost too.
Investment is primarily for a plastic covered house, support net lighting
You are welcome to bring up other queries and I feel confident that i can help you make your project profitable

gurpreetskang

Dear Sir,
What are the varieties and colors available ? Are these Standard varieties or spray ones ? We would need the cuttings in Chandigarh. Pls reply on my mail

Last edited by a moderator:

seemantini

have spray and singles,@gurpreet, please clear your message box so I can send you details get all contact details and my web page

thar2004

Chrysanthemum plantlets

Please mail your webpage and other details

seemantini

they do mums in open in northern parts of India, that should decrease the production cost further and profits more ......see details on my web page....google seemantini pathare for details

seemantini

anyone in punjab area with knowledge of chrysanthemum growing who would like to assisst Mr Sangha to set up the project ? Contact him, see previous reply

seemantini

haven't hear from you thar, do't know if you checked your mail box , I had sent all the contact details ....in any case just search my name on the ggl and you will find the contact info
regards
seemantini pathare

seemantini

cut flower chrysanthemum project. The out line project is some what like this

Since those who start now will only be planting in late august , you can cut short one step and do an unpinched crop with denser plantation , this is how :-

Flush will start end Nov-Dec
The maths :
At Rs 3 /rooted cutting
If you plant 10000 cuttings at 48-64/squ mtr on a 1.0 mt bed with 4 laterals, these yield a minimum of 9000 cut flowers or 900 bundles between nov and dec. The minimum rate for mums bunch at this time of year is Rs70/bunch i.e Rs63,000 in 3 mths
If you prune the crop well after harvest and manage the lights, you can make your own plants for the next season and avoid plant cost too.
Capital Investment is primarily for a drip system only, if you are doing it in open and support system in bamboo and nylon ropes
You can cover a small section with plastic and provide lighting for this area in next season to try and make your own plants from these next season
You are welcome to bring up other queries . Ggl seemantini pathare for more details also.

Last edited: