Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

buying and using oil motor pumps

Register

Click Here!

smrsraja

Friends,

In our land there is no power connection now and i learnt that we have to pay 50000rs deposit to Tamil Nadu EB to get a free connection quickly. Otherwise it will in the queue and take months. To have a backup way for grid power, its better to have a oil pump always.

We are thinking to get the backup system first.
1)How much does a new oil motor costs in south Tamil nadu?
2)What is the best brand for it.
3)Does there any oil motor set have the feature of using battery power for starting, with out the need to pull the string.

Also regarding the power, in our well water is available in 40 feet. Ours is a lengthier land and the farthest spot could be 1000 feet away from the well.
4)In that case how much horse power should we look for?

Please share your experience or thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance.

antony_pratap

Hi,

We have oil pumps and trust me they not that user friendly as well give lot of trouble and the consumption is high,

As you apply for the free power, go ahead and get the commercial current where you pay Rs.6/unit get 3 phase and go into for motor of your choice depending on the acreage, trust me its would be a lot of efficient and economical than your oil pumps.

Oil pumps would cost from 12k - 18K the used ones of between 6-10 hp, depending on the condition

Regards,
Antony

smrsraja

Thanks for the information Antony.

Can someone suggest about the motor power and the distance it can have pressure. Can a 3/6hp motor push water to 1000 ft in a flat land via drip pipes?