Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Question Buffalo Dung/Manure Handling

Register

Click Here!

sahil7

Hi,

We have a dairy farm setup in outskirts of Delhi. We have currently 125 buffaloes. I am looking for suggestion on ways of handling manure. Currently we are just dumping all the Buffalo Dung. Please let me know ways in which this dung can be used potentially.

Heard that this Dung can be used in making high quality Manure for farming. Potential People please reply as to ways with which this can be done.

Thanks
Sahil

Last edited by a moderator:

sahil7

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Can I have more technical information on this. I would like to first experiment on a small scale before going Big.

It would be good if you could provide me exact requirements to perform the steps from Dung to manure.

Hoping for a quick reply.

Thanks

simara

hi saahil,
i m planning to open dairy farm .starting from 10 cow.
is dairy farming making profit? could u share ur experience
and what profit can i make in 10 cow dairy farming? pls mail me

waiting for reply

vivek

sri2012

Hi,

We have a dairy farm setup in outskirts of Delhi. We have currently 125 buffaloes. I am looking for suggestion on ways of handling manure. Currently we are just dumping all the Buffalo Dung. Please let me know ways in which this dung can be used potentially.

Heard that this Dung can be used in making high quality Manure for farming. Potential People please reply as to ways with which this can be done.

Thanks
Sahil
You can use manure scraper or pressure water gun to clean the cow barn. Entire barn can be cleaned within 30min with one labour.

You can use bio digester and produce electricity from a biogas generator.

The liquid slurry comes out from the biodigester can be stored in a tank and you can use a sludge pump to pump in tanker and transported. This activity needs very less labour.

This works fine. you can use a tanker which carries tar(bitumin) it will have sludge pump readily fit on it.

Or you can use more thin slurry and mix with water and fertigate your own farm

sahil7

Some additional info

Hi Sri and Others,

Thats a good suggestion. But I am not targetting BioGas as a by Product. I am only planning to take manure as my Bi-Product from Dung.

I have read a certain ways on Internet on how to prepare it, but seems all are basically accoustamed to Foreign ways.

Seems you have an idea about the process, I would like you to share the process in which the task should be done based on Indian Climactic Conditions.

Also It will be great if you could share some Insights on this business on Manure and what are the prospects and future of it. Currently we get a lot of dung but all of it is wasted.

Hoping for a great reply from all you Geniueses there!!!!:rolleyes:

Thanks
Sahil

apd1952

Contact information

Hi Sahil

i am a dairy farming professional based at karnal/delhi.
I would like to contact you.
or kindly update me with your cell number.

Regards
A.P.Dabas