Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Bamboo, harvesting.Permission?

Register

Click Here!

yashk

I have planted Bamboos,The are ready to harvest.
Where do i get the permission to cut bamboos? Is ir easy withot any bribe involved? Where do i sell the stuff?Is there a special way to cut the bamboo?

Ashwini

HI

Decide how wide of a stalk you want to cut. If you are cutting a small piece around 1 inch thick or less, you should be able to cut it with a sharp hand pruner. If the blades are not sharp enough, though, it will crush and splinter the ends. Use a fine toothed saw to cut stalks larger than 1 inch. A sharp saw will make quick work of your harvesting. Just make sure the saw teeth are straight and not flayed outwards or it will tear the fibers instead of slicing them. Tape the bamboo stalk with masking tape for final cuts in a project. This will help hold the fibers together as you cut through them. A number of different electric saws or hand saws can be used for this as long as the sawing teeth are fine and close together (40 per inch). Position the bamboo stake on a hard surface with the area that needs to be cut just off the edge. Make sure you support the end you are cutting off if it is extra long. This will keep the wood from bending and possibly cracking. Also, cutting the wood while it is green seems to lessen cracking. Heat the wood before cutting, especially if it is cold outside. If it is 90 degrees outside, then the wood should be warm enough, but on the other hand, if you are working outside in 32 degree weather, then there is more of a chance the wood will split.

For other harvesting and selling details contact the forestry department or the National mission on bamboo applications.
REgards
Ashwini