Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

About gerbera plantation

Register

Click Here!

crk_agri

I am looking forward to start Gerbera plantation in Andhra Pradesh. Can you please provide me with necessary information on investment, revenue, expenditure under several heads, loan and subsidy, minimum space to start with... etc etc.. Can mail me

Thankyou....

CRK

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashwini

Hi

Soil/media
Optimum soil pH should be between 5.5 and 6.5 to get maximum efficiency in absorption of nutrients.
The salinity level of soil should not be more than 2 m/m. The soil should be
highly porous and well drained to have better root growth and better penetration of
roots.
Bed preparation
In general, gerberas are grown on raised of size 2 ft. width, 1.5 ft. height and
desirable length beds to assist in easier movement and better drainage. Pathways of
1 ft. in maintained after every bed. The beds for planting should be highly porous,
well drained and airy. Organic manure is recommended to improve soil texture and to
provide nutrition gradually. The material used for bed preparation is as under:
Soil - 35 brass
FYM - 80 brass
Rice husk - 10 brass
Sand - 4 brass
Add single super phosphate (0:20:0) @ 2.5 kg per 100 sq.ft. for better root
establishment and MgS04 @ 0.5 kg per 100 sq.ft. to take care of deficiency of Mg.

For the detailed cultivation of gerbera contact the nearest Krishi vigyan kendra or the horticulture department.

Regards
Ashwini

pcpunit

Satyabhama Engineers, Pune, India

Dear Sir,

As required by you, pls find the details as below:

1 total cost of project. Wat all it includes
Total cost is approximately Rs.1000.00 per Sq Mtr i.e. Rs.4000000.00 for 1 Acre. It includes poly house supply and erection, land leveling for 4000 sq mtr, irrigation and fogging system for the same, soil procurement if required and labour for bed preparation, gerbera plant procurement and plantation and maintenance for one year (crop insecticide and pesticide, labour etc.)

2 details of polyhouse materials, how many years it can withstand, wind tolorence etc,
Total structure is made of GI Tubes and other fixing material except angle brackets which are made of MS Angle duly painted. Covering material is of imported material 200gsm uv sheet and shade net. The life for structure is minimum 30 years while as cladding materials have to change after every 40 to 45 months. The structure can withstand up to 120 km per hour wind load.

3 gerbera cultivation details, monthly expenditure, labor requird,
Seperate sheet is attached herewith. 3 to 4 labors required for 4000 sq mtr

4 projectd gerbera yeild. Minimum rate, avg rate of gerbera
No of Plants = 24000
No of flowers per plant per life cycle = 240
Av Rate = INR 3.00

5 other posible crops,
To start with gerbera is the most easy and suitable crop to cultivate.

6 export chances, store n selling chances
I don’t know.

7 subsidies
25% subsidy is offered by NHB, 20% Owners Fund and Balance will be provided as Bank Loan against 100% co lateral security.

Prakash Chopade