Notices

Thread: Cow shed feeding design

1. #1 Cow shed feeding design 

We are into commercial dairy farming.We are building our new shed.In earlier one,the manger is being used for putting the feed morning and evening and after that we clean it and fill water and keep.This way,eventhough the animals get water all the time,the feed like green fodder is not available,because water is kept in for drinking in manger.
    I wish if anyone have ogt any idea/suggession to help me out in manger in such a way that I could keep the feed as well as all the time water is also available to them.

2. #2 Question 

Why do you have to store water in the Manger? Can you not put a sintex or something outside to store water and use a Pipe to supply?

3. #3 cow shed designn 

one trough sould hold about 70-85 kg fresh forage, enough feed for a day. Just construct a trough for water next to that.

4. #4 cow shed design 

I understand from your query,you are already having practical experience.
    I feel the round house concept in designing of cow shed may address,certain
    of your queries.pl visit web site of round house Roundhouse Building Solutions : The Roundhouse...........
    your observations may also be mailed to me after visiting the referred site.

with regards.

Dr.SUM.Rao
    please contact..............
    Last edited by moderator A; August 14th, 2009 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Only Business Members are allowed to post contact info. Please click “Upgrade” to become a Business Member.

the cheapest solution is to dig some spce on side of the manger and keep a bucket for water at convenient height for the cow