Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Which power tiller/tractor should I purchase?

Register

Click Here!

norvinm

Hello,

I am trying to decide on whether to buy a tractor or a power tiller and also on the power of the machine I will require.

I have 1-2 acres of paddy field with sandy soil. We plant paddy and 1 other crop.
Besides this, I have a few hectares of coconut, mango and cashew plantations. However, the trees here are randomly planted. The ground also varies from sandy to rocky soil.
The use in orchard land will be more than for the fields. I am inclined towards a power tiller due to the arbitrary positioning of the trees. The bigger power tillers come with seating arrangement as well.

Is this a right choice? How much HP do I need?
Also, what are the attachments that I should look for? What is the cost?

kirti s

hello sir
Power Tillers are capable of performing operations right from primary tillage to transportation of crops which may include ploughing, harrowing, cultivation, planking, ridging and furrowing, sowing, fertilizer application, pumping water, interculture, plant protection, harvesting, threshing and lastly the transport operation. In short the power tiller can render all these services for many types of crop production.

Costwise the power tiller should be an obvious choice of smaller farmers, if they are intending to have a mechanical power source for farm- operation. Today the average cost of a power tiller is Rs. 95,000/-. The cost of a matching mould board plough, tiller, pumpset, sprayer, thresher etc. will amount to Rs. 25,000/-. Correspondingly, the cost of trailer will amount to Rs. 15,000/-.

I am interested to buy above mentioned Power tiller. I am staying in Bangalore. Please let me know whom to contact. My email id is 'bola.pradeep@gmail.com'

cpryr0

Hi Kirti/Pradeep,

I hope you you got the the power tiller you are looking for..
I'm also intrested in buying a power tiller with kirti above mentioned features,
please proide me any supplier contact details from whom I could procure one..

Please send me details at raja_koduru@yahoo.com

Thanks