Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Wanted Jersey Cows

Register

Click Here!

triad

Hello Sir,
This is vinoth i need 15 jersey cows which give minimum 15 litres milk per day.I need an resonable cost for those cows iam from Nagapattinam district,tamilnadu.if anybody have cows please contact...

Last edited by a moderator:

archidambaram

Why Jersey cows?

Hello Mr. Vinoth,

Why do you want to start Jersey cow farm? WHy not local breeds like Sindi, Tharparkar etc. Any specific reason, I am curious to know.

Is there a market for milk in Nagapattinam?

Regards.

triad

thanks for your reply sir.not only in nagapattinam district there is a demand for milk in every place.why i choosed jersey mean it give 20 litres milk per day.if any other breed give more milk mean tell i dont have knowledge about cows..

deepakmenon82

Dear vinoth,

HF COWS GIVES 25 TO 40 LITERS A DAY, you can contact model dairy farm for good breed cows , model dairy farm is at Kanpur India . if you want more details contact me in above email address .

Regards
Deepak

triad

Hello Deepak,
First i planned to do with HF only i consult one doctor he told that HF have low immune power its a risk one so i choosed jersey.do you have any idea i want 20 litres per day.

with regards,
vinoth

prateekvaish

Dear Vinodh !
Greetigs from MODEL DAIRY FARM SERVICES ! Jersey certainly are better suited than HF for Climatic conditions of Tropics. The Major advantages of Jersey and Good Jersey crossbreed are :-
1. Beter suited for hot and humid climatic conditions.
2. Can be maintained without or with little green fodder as compared to HF.
3. Lesser problems like laminitis and rumen acidiosis as compared to HF.
4. Can be kept under tied up and stall fed systems where as HF requires loose housing system.
5. Loose little weight in summer months as compared to HF in which feed intake is reduced drastically and animals may reach to a level of negative energy balance.
6. lower incidences of deficiency diseases and metabolic disorders as compared to HF.

prateekvaish

Constraints with Jerseys:-
1. Extremely difficult to find jersey or jersey crosses with over 4000 lits of milk in a lactation as Punjab and Haryana have discontinued Jersey breeding long ago. These were the states where good crosses of Jersey with Sahiwal or Tharparker were found.
2. Jersey has a bony structure thus the animal might not be as apealing as well fed HF.

prateekvaish

In case you are able to source good jerseys with around 4000 lits of milk in a lactation i.e. peak yield of 20 lits approx. jersey is a better choice than HF yielding 6000 kgs in a lactation for new entepreneurs. Jersey crosses have an average fat content in milk of about 5% plus as compared to HF (3 - 3.5%).

Regards,

Prateek Vaish,
VP Operations,
MODEL DAIRY FARM ,
Naramau, G.T. Road, Kanpur - 209217 (INDIA)
Email : prateekvaish@yahoo.com
Untitled Document
Index of /
Phone : 09936286478

vkv_2

In case you are able to source good jerseys with around 4000 lits of milk in a lactation i.e. peak yield of 20 lits approx. jersey is a better choice than HF yielding 6000 kgs in a lactation for new entepreneurs. Jersey crosses have an average fat content in milk of about 5% plus as compared to HF (3 - 3.5%).

Regards,

Prateek Vaish,
VP Operations,
MODEL DAIRY FARM ,
Naramau, G.T. Road, Kanpur - 209217 (INDIA)
Email : prateekvaish@yahoo.com
Untitled Document
Index of /
Phone : 09936286478
Dear Prateek Vaish,

Your summery on hf and jersey was very informative and pretty much sums up the differences between hf and jersey.

arjunspathania

Dairy farm

Hello Sir,
This is arjun i need 15 jersey cows which give minimum 15 litres milk per day.I need an resonable cost for those cows iam from Udhampur district,J&K.if anybody have cows please contact...

Also try to provide a project that include 20 cows

deepakmenon82

my contact details

Hello Deepak,
First i planned to do with HF only i consult one doctor he told that HF have low immune power its a risk one so i choosed jersey.do you have any idea i want 20 litres per day.

with regards,
vinoth
Dear Vinoth,
it is true Hf have low immune power compare to other breed, but now you can get cross breed HF in india or contact model dairy farm , they got good breed, prateek already explain to you everything, major thing you have to do to make your dairy farm successful is your participation , you should spend at least 12 hour a day in your dairy farm, then you can have Hf , cross breed hf, or jersey because disease come from nowhere,so observation is the best thing to over come all this, and should have a clean environment for the cattle .there are lots of people giving good opinion in this site about dairy farming, go through it and do lot of research on it.

Regards
Deepak

deepakmenon82

my contact details

Hello Sir,
This is arjun i need 15 jersey cows which give minimum 15 litres milk per day.I need an resonable cost for those cows iam from Udhampur district,J&K.if anybody have cows please contact...

Also try to provide a project that include 20 cows
Dear Arjun,
contact model dairy farm kanpur for good jersey cows, you will get CROSS BREED HF ALSO THERE.

Regards
Deepak

jaganath

hello
sir
this is jaganath from banglore we can serve u better cows we r having a good breed of cows so plz contact me jaganath