Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Teak Plantation

Register

Click Here!

palanisamy

Hi ,

I am planning to do Teak cultivation in 2 acer land. I have gone through many threads in this forum. But still not conveniced with the data points i have got.
Is there any one availabe whom I can meet in person and get thfull details.

I am currently in bangalore and used to travel to my native (Kangayam , Tirupur(DT), Tamilnadu) every weekend.

Land Deatils

Area : 2 acers
Climate : Moderate (average temp 25 degree C)
Rainfall : Moderate (cannot rely to much on rainfall)
Soil Condition : fertail and suitable (not sure about pH level)
Water from well (common well, irrigation done in rotation basis everyweek.water supply is very less).

Please suggest some experts whom I can meet in person preffrable in Tirupur,Kangayam or Erode in Tamilnadu.

Thanks and Regards,
Palanisamy

ponsanthan

Teak

Teak plants need not be planted to the whole land. Just it can be planted along the boundary of the field. close spacing helps for tall trees. you can give a space of 10 feet per plant. you can make drip or canal irrigation. even the trees will grow well when you are doing other crops. As far as timber value is concern some other trees like jack which will give fruit as well as wood. Red sander (vengai ) also good timber. Amla cultivation can also be carried out.

shanmuga06

Teak cultivation

Normally Kankeyam very aried and drought area in tamilnadu.But there somany cultivation are going with the availiable water.No problem palanisamy you can go head for teak cultivation otherwise the land will become futile.generally for timber & all kind of tree plantations will requires not much water cpomparing with annual crop like vegetables, grains ,pulsus and other type of cultivation.the teak tree plantations will requires minimum 3 vto 5 litres daily in the hot summer and if rainfalls failed.During the monsoon somewhat we can manage with the rainfalls .So kindly sort out your watering schedule i.e drip irrigation will must in kankeyam area for better result of yiled.If you decide for go for teak plantations you can observe major roll i.e selection of seed/seedlings.i think that you might aware of stup culture promoted by seed germination.this also good method if you get well matured seeds from the well aged parent tree must having the age of minimum 50 years having with straight trunk with the dia of 6'and above .This will not do by an ordinary farmer.So now the hitech method of propagation is availiable like Tissue culture teak saplings propagted and promoted woth out seeds but it can be done by tissue of the well matured tree aging near about minimum 60 years.The salient features of the tissue culture are uniform growth in growing ,early maturity i.e minimum 12 years onwards.the growth rate of the tissue culture teak will be minimum 12 to 15 feets per year,the setting of the heart wood will be 70% and above .But in stump culture the setting of heart wood will be maximum 30 %.Mr ponsanthan the Redsanders is not vengai both will belongs to different family.vengai is called The indian Kino tree.

for more details plz contact us:

A Sivakumar
Priya Nursery Garden
KARAIKUDI-630001,TN

frankie

Teak wood saplings

Dear Sivakumar,

i am in Dubai now. Dec. am comming to India TN Valliyur. Where can i get the tissue plants of Teak. I need 300 No. Contact . Please give me the rate also. Thank u in advance.

Regards,
Francis

A Sivakumar
Please contact..[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:

keerthigowda

Kind attn Mr. Sivakumar

Dear Mr. Sivakumar,

I have heard from sources that Teak plantation takes away the fertility of the soil. Is it true? Kindly assist me regarding this question.

Looking forward to your early reply

rgds

shanmuga06

Teak cultivation

Hi gowda,

You have raised one question that the teak plantations will takes away the ferlity of the soil.As per my concern its not true.The tectona grandis is a trophical and semi trophical one .So normaly its intake of ferlizers 7 water very very less when comparing with other timber plants.The teak will grow in all soil like fertile or barren soils.But only thing the black cotton ,paddy field and clay soil are not suitable for teak plantations.if you suspect that the teak will takes away the fertility kindly enrich your teak field by applying the well ripped farmyard manure periodically.I think that teak garden will shedding leaves allways .So your land will become fertile.

A Sivakumar

keerthigowda

Thanks Mr.Sivakumar

Thank you Mr. Sivakumar for clarifying my queries. I shall call you shortly for your assistance during teak plantation. Request your help on the same

revolvingagro

Hi ,

I am planning to do Teak cultivation in 2 acer land. I have gone through many threads in this forum. But still not conveniced with the data points i have got.
Is there any one availabe whom I can meet in person and get thfull details.

I am currently in bangalore and used to travel to my native (Kangayam , Tirupur(DT), Tamilnadu) every weekend.

Land Deatils

Area : 2 acers
Climate : Moderate (average temp 25 degree C)
Rainfall : Moderate (cannot rely to much on rainfall)
Soil Condition : fertail and suitable (not sure about pH level)
Water from well (common well, irrigation done in rotation basis everyweek.water supply is very less).

Please suggest some experts whom I can meet in person preffrable in Tirupur,Kangayam or Erode in Tamilnadu.

Thanks and Regards,
Palanisamy
TEAK & SAFEDA PLANTATION
SAGWAN FARMING
We integrate teak and safeda plantation in india .we have more then 50,000 farmers across india . we r private lmited companey based in mumbai exporter of teak & safeda wood , wood timbers and timber wood products like timber boards, timber logs, board ply products, wooden margins and wooden laminated floorings we integrate farming of teak & safeda with buy back gurantee on stamp paper of 100 rs with registration from high court of mumbai with current market rate of wood .
We integrate EUCALYPTUS & TEAK tissue culture farming give cd. and booklet with registration cirtificate and form to cut your tree .we also provide traning to get maximum interest in farming and get to start your own bussiness in ur state .we give regular visit to your farm after plantation to know the technical problems which can be short out by us only . We appoint frenchisee in each district and B.D.M. of state for bussiness devolopment , if interested plz call us on 09670000455,09565732329 for such query
Teak plantation:
COST OF ONE PLANT IS 70 RS.
Come and invest Rs.70 for one plants and earn more then. that is approx 500 plant in one acre .Rs.2000 per cub/feet x 15 cubic feet from one tree =R.S. 30,000 from one tree in 7 - 9 yrs.
R.S. 30,000 x 500 plant in onc acre = 150,00000/-
1 crore fifty lakhs

Safeda (eucalyptus) plantation:
COST OF ONE PLANT IS 26 RS.
By platinting Eugliptus Clonel you will get wood nearly 100 to 150 kgs per tree.
Per acre you need minimum 1400 to 1800 clones approximately.
We give rough calculation here i.e per acre 1500 plants .On completion of 4 th years you will get 100 Kgs per tree .So the total yield per acre is 1500 X 100= 150000 kgs i.e 150 matric tons per acre .The present market rate is Rs 5000 to 6000 matric ton. So the farmers will get per acre
150 matric ton X R.S 6000=9,00000
nine lakhs
To know our project detail of Teak tissue culture & safeda (eucalyptus) farming at your doorstep in your land visit our site .

Terms and conditions :
Availability of plants in company's green house is invariably in short supply. Pricing of planting stock is declared in advance to ensure that the farmers can book their plants any time during the year. Many a times, all plants in our nursery stock stand booked much earlier that their final lifting. We therefore encourage farmers to book plants in advance to ensure their availability. We always maintain transparency in supplying plants on first cum first serves bases and on terms and conditions as mentioned on the receipt.

DETAIL REGARDING TEAK PLANTATION
Teak can be planted at 2m x 2m, 2.5m x 2.5m or 3m x 3m espacement. It can also be raised along with agricultural crops at a spacing of 4m x 4m or 5m x 1m.
• Plough lands thoroughly and level it of. Mark the areas for pit digging by alignment and staking.
• Dig pits of 35 x 35 x 35 cm sizes. Refill the soil after seasoning and mixing with Farm Yard Manure and insecticides. On poor gravely sites, replace the pit soil by good soil.
• Use pre sprouted stumps for planting.
• Best planting season is from feb – sep or in rainy season.
• Firm up the soil after planting and apply irrigation wherever necessary.
• Apply 50 g of fertiliser in pit at the time of planting and thereafter in split doses or as per the fertility status of soil.
• Carry out weeding operations regularly. Weeding may be carried out @ 3 operations in the first year, 2 operations in second year and one operation in the third year.
• Carry out soil working periodically for better growth of plants. One working in the Ist year and two workings in 2nd and 3rd year may be adequate.
• Debudding in the initial years may be done to improve the quality of timber.
• Undertake prophylactic and control measures for protection of plants from insects/pests and diseases to ensure good health of the crop.
Irrigation:
Study has revealed that, irrigation during stress period boosts the growth of the plants. Irrigation should be followed by weeding (3,2,1) and adequate soil working. Two doses of fertiliser (in the month of August & September) @ 50 gm per plant of NPK (15:15:15) may be provided every year upto two years. By increasing the inputs of irrigation and frequent thinning, it is possible to increase the rate of diameter growth. The increase in diameter growth is, however, dependent on increasing the size of the crown i.e.. decrease in the number of trees per acre. In other words, one can have either lesser no. of trees of higher girth or larger number of trees of lower girth. It has been observed that teak trees grown under irrigated condition grew faster but the sapwood content of trees increased, the wood became weak and wind damage became quite serious. A phenomenon of water blisters may also develop in teak trees grown under irrigated conditions.
Many people claim that, teak grown with fertiliser and irrigation give excellent result. Drip irrigation will induce surface roots and epicormic branching. Nitrogen fertilisers will increase the nitrogen content of leaves. Initially larger leaves will increase photosynthesis and faster growth.
Harvesting, yield
The highest growth under plantation condition in India was seen in the Indo-Gangetic belt of Haldwani Division
Insects, Pest and Diseases :
Teak defoliator & skeletoniser (Hyblaea puera and Eutectona machaeralis) cause extensive damage to young plantations. Root rot due to Polyporous zonalis is also common in plantation. Pink disease fungus causes cankers and bark flaking. Powdery mildew caused by Olivea tectonae & Uncinula tectonae leads to premature defoliation. It is thus necessary to undertake prophylactic and control measures to ensure good health of the crops. This method is of immense importance in the insect, pest control considering its harmless and pollution free implications on the environment further avoiding the operational and residual hazards that involve in the use of organic and inorganic insecticides
Irrigation:
irrigation during stress period boosts the growth of the plants. Irrigation should be followed by weeding (3,2,1) and adequate soil working. Two doses of fertiliser (in the month of August & September) @ 50 gm per plant of NPK (15:15:15) may be provided every year upto three years. By increasing the inputs of irrigation and frequent thinning, it is possible to increase the rate of diameter growth. The increase in diameter growth is, however, dependent on increasing the size of the crown i.e.. decrease in the number of trees per acre. In other words, one can have either lesser no. of trees of higher girth or larger number of trees of lower girth. It has been observed that teak trees grown under irrigated condition grew faster. A phenomenon of water blisters may also develop in teak trees grown under irrigated conditions. Such trees may appear quite healthy from outside but the inner heartwood may develop rot due to storage of excess water that increases the spread of fungi which may further damage the tree.
Many people claim that, teak grown with fertiliser and irrigation give excellent result. Drip irrigation will induce surface roots and epicormic branching. Nitrogen fertilisers will increase the nitrogen content of leaves.. The control through insecticides is not, therefore, possible. Once the trees are established they generally donot respond significantly to irrigation and fertilisers.

iiht

WANT BAYER Seedling,Grafted,GUAVA L49,MANGO PLANT,LEMON PLANT,SAPLING,TREES9936420215

India,s No-1 Fruit & Other Plants Supplier 12 Month All Type Plants/Saplings and seeds Available in NAFEES NURSERY [SIZE="5"]www.nafeesnursery.com[/SIZE]

NAFEES NURSERY & EXPORTER IS A CAPITAL OF GUAVA,MANGO,LEMON PLANTS, SAPLINGS IN INDIA a complete solution of Horticulture / Herbal/ Aromatic & Medicinal Plants , Seeds, Biofartlilizar,Campost and Plants Fast Grothpowder under one roof.

Inform to All,,

Dear Sir/ Madam,
Firstly i would Like to introduce my Firm Name Nafees Nursery & Exporter located Mujasa Malihabad Lucknow U.P ( INDIA ). 09415532515 / 09936420215 / 09839886298 Our company is a Large-Scale Production ,Manufacture,Grower,Exporter,Horticultural Consultant ,Bulk Supplier, and Distributors of Best Quality Seedlins , Grafted Fruits Plants /Saplings, Ornamental Plants /Saplings, Herbals Plants /Saplings,Medicinal Plants /Saplings, Forestry Plants /Saplings, All Type Seeds, Garden Grass and Planting Material, which deals into Horticulture.
We sale all type Best Quality Seedlins , Grafted Fruits Plants Saplings,fruit trees Small 2 Feets To Big 8 Feets size without poly and With polybag grafted Mango Plants/ Saplings/ Fruit tree ,Dushari Mango Plants/ Saplings/ Fruit tree ,Amarpali Mango Plants/ Saplings / Fruit tree, Mallika Mango Plants/ Saplings / Fruit tree,Chousa Mango Plants/ Saplings / Fruit tree, Langra banarasi Mango Plants/ Saplings / Fruit tree and other Mango Plants/ Saplings / Fruit tree which are yielding is high per acre and crop is highly profitable. Cost of each plant Plz Call Me 09936420215 are Email me >nafeesnursery_exporter@yahoo.co.in

NAME LIST OF EXPORT QUALITY FRUIT PLANTS / SAPLINGS/ FRUIT GREEN TREES.

1.GUAVA L49 PLANTS/SAPLINGS /FRUIT GREEN TREES/SEEDLING

2.GUAVA ALLAHABADI SAFAIDA PLANTS/SAPLINGS/ FRUIT GREEN TREES/SEEDLING

3.GUAVA EVERGREEN PLANTS/SAPLINGS/ FRUIT GREEN TREES/SEEDLING

4.GUAVA SEED LASS PLANTS/SAPLINGS/ FRUIT GREEN TREES/SEEDLING

5.GUAVA SHUGAR FREE PLANTS/SAPLINGS/ FRUIT GREEN TREES/SEEDLING

6.GUAVA LALIT PLANTS/SAPLINGS /FRUIT GREEN TREES/SEEDLING

7.AMLA HERBAL PLANTS/SAPLINGS /FRUIT GREEN TREES /SEEDLING

8.AMLA NA7 HERBAL PLANTS/SAPLINGS /FRUIT GREEN TREES /SEEDLING

9.AMLA EVERGREEN HERBAL PLANTS/SAPLINGS /FRUIT GREEN TREES /SEEDLING

10.AMLA NA10 HERBAL PLANTS/SAPLINGS /FRUIT GREEN TREES /SEEDLING

11.AMLA LAXMI52 HERBAL PLANTS/SAPLINGS /FRUIT GREEN TREES /SEEDLING

12.AMLA BANARSI HERBAL PLANTS/SAPLINGS /FRUIT GREEN TREES /SEEDLING

13.POMEGRANATE(Anar) PLANTS /SAPLINGS /FRUIT GREEN TREES/SEEDLING

14.KARONDA DASI PLANTS/ SAPLINGS /FRUIT GREEN TREES/SEEDLING

15.KARONDA AMRICAN PLANTS/ SAPLINGS /FRUIT GREEN TREES/SEEDLING

16.LEMON SEEDLASS PLANTS/ SAPLINGS /FRUIT GREEN TREES/SEEDLING

17.LEMON KAAGZE PLANTS/ SAPLINGS /FRUIT GREEN TREES/SEEDLING

18.SHISHAM BLACK PLANTS/ SAPLINGS /FRUIT GREEN TREES/ SEEDLING

19.ORANGE FRUIT PLANTS / SAPLINGS /FRUIT GREEN TREES/ SEEDLING

20.MOUSMI FRUIT PLANTS / SAPLINGS /FRUIT GREEN TREES/SEEDLING

21.BANANA FRUIT PLANTS / SAPLINGS /FRUIT GREEN TREES/SEEDLING

22.BAIL FRUIT PLANTS / SAPLINGS /FRUIT GREEN TREES/SEEDLING

23.TEAK(Sagaun) PLANTS / SAPLINGS /FRUIT GREEN TREES/SEEDLING

24.CHIKU(Sapota) FRUIT PLANTS / SAPLINGS /FRUIT GREEN TREES/SEEDLING

25.MANGO AMARPALI FRUIT PLANTS / SAPLINGS /FRUIT GREEN TREES/SEEDLING

26.MANGO CHOUSA FRUIT PLANTS / SAPLINGS /FRUIT GREEN TREES/SEEDLING

27.MANGO LUNGRA FRUIT PLANTS / SAPLINGS /FRUIT GREEN TREES/SEEDLING

28.MANGO KESAR FRUIT PLANTS / SAPLINGS /FRUIT GREEN TREES/SEEDLING

29.MANGO MALIKA FRUIT PLANTS / SAPLINGS /FRUIT GREEN TREES/SEEDLING

30.BANANA G-9 PLANTS / SAPLINGS /FRUIT GREEN TREES/SEEDLING

31.PAPAYA READ LADY 786 PLANTS / SAPLINGS /FRUIT GREEN TREES/SEEDLING

32.PAPAYA HYBRID PLANTS / SAPLINGS /FRUIT GREEN TREES/SEEDLING

33.ALMOND(BADAM) PLANTS / SAPLINGS /FRUIT GREEN TREES/SEEDLING

34.JACK FRUIT (KATHAL)PLANTS / SAPLINGS /FRUIT GREEN TREES/SEEDLING

35.COCONUT PLANTS / SAPLINGS /FRUIT GREEN TREES/SEEDLING

36.LITCHI SHAHI PLANTS / SAPLINGS /FRUIT GREEN TREES/SEEDLING

37.OLIVE PLANTS / SAPLINGS /FRUIT GREEN TREES/SEEDLING

38.IMLI (TAMARINDUS INDICA) PLANTS / SAPLINGS /FRUIT GREEN TREES/SEEDLING

39.JUJUBE (Ber) FRUIT PLANTS / SAPLINGS /FRUIT GREEN TREES/SEEDLING.

NAME AND LIST OF EXPORT QUALITY ORNAMANTAL PLANTS / SAPLINGS/ GREEN TREES.

1. SILWAROK PLANTS / SAPLINGS / GREEN TREES /SEEDLING

2.ALASTONIYA(CHITWAN) PLANTS / SAPLINGS / SAPLINGS / GREEN TREES /SEEDLING

3.BOTTAL BRUSH READ PLANTS / SAPLINGS / GREEN TREES /SEEDLING

4.BOTTAL BRUSH GOLDEN PLANTS / SAPLINGS / GREEN TREES /SEEDLING

5.FISHTAL PLAM PLANTS / SAPLINGS / GREEN TREES /SEEDLING

6.FOXTEL PLAM PLANTS / SAPLINGS / GREEN TREES /SEEDLING

7.ROYAL PLAM PLANTS / SAPLINGS / GREEN TREES /SEEDLING

8.ARICA PLAM PLANTS / SAPLINGS / GREEN TREES /SEEDLING

9.CHINA PLAM PLANTS / SAPLINGS / GREEN TREES /SEEDLING

10.JAMUN BLACK PLANTS / SAPLINGS / GREEN TREES /SEEDLING

11.KASIYA BY FLORA PLANTS / SAPLINGS / GREEN TREES /SEEDLING

12.KASIYA BY SAMIYA PLANTS / SAPLINGS / GREEN TREES /SEEDLING

13.KASIYA BY GLUCA PLANTS / SAPLINGS / GREEN TREES /SEEDLING

14.GOLDMOHAR PLANT PLANTS / SAPLINGS / GREEN TREES /SEEDLING

15.ASHOK PLANTS (DASI) PLANTS / SAPLINGS / GREEN TREES /SEEDLING

16.ASHOK PANDULA PLANTS / SAPLINGS / GREEN TREES / SEEDLING

17.SHISHAM PLANT PLANTS / SAPLINGS / GREEN TREES / SEEDLING

18.SHISHAM PLANT HYBRID PLANTS / SAPLINGS / GREEN TREES / SEEDLING

19.KADAM PLANTS / SAPLINGS / GREEN TREES /SEEDLING

20.KADAM PLANT HYBRID PLANTS / SAPLINGS / GREEN TREES /SEEDLING

21.ALLASTONIYA PLANTS / SAPLINGS / GREEN TREES / SEEDLING

22.ARJUNA PLANTS / SAPLINGS / GREEN TREES / SEEDLING

23.NEEM PLANTS / SAPLINGS / GREEN TREES / SEEDLING

24.JUNIPAS PLANTS / SAPLINGS / SAPLINGS / GREEN TREES / SEEDLING

25.FICAS BINJAMINA PLANTS / SAPLINGS / GREEN TREES / SEEDLING

26.FICAS BLACK PLANTS / SAPLINGS / GREEN TREES / SEEDLING

27.FICAS NUDA PLANTS / SAPLINGS / GREEN TREES / SEEDLING

28.FICAS PANDA PLANTS / SAPLINGS / GREEN TREES / SEEDLING

29.FICAS STARLIGHT PLANTS / SAPLINGS / GREEN TREES /SEEDLING

30.FICAS KINGSIZE PLANTS / SAPLINGS / GREEN TREES / SEEDLING

31.DURANTA GOLDEN PLANTS / SAPLINGS / GREEN TREES/SEEDLING

32.JUNIPRAR PLANTS / SAPLINGS / GREEN TREES/SEEDLING

33.BOUGAIN VILLEA PLANTS / SAPLINGS / GREEN TREES/SEEDLING

34.KARHI PATTA PLANTS / SAPLINGS / GREEN TREES/SEEDLING

35.MAHOGNI PLANTS / SAPLINGS / GREEN TREES/SEEDLING

36.FOXTEL PLAM PLANTS / SAPLINGS / GREEN TREES/SEEDLING

37.THUJA(MORPANHI) PLAM PLANTS / SAPLINGS / GREEN TREES/SEEDLING

38.BAMBOOS DENDROCALAMUS CALOSTACHYUS PLANTS / SAPLINGS / GREEN TREES/SEEDLING

39.ALTINANTHRA PLANTS /SAPLINGS / GREEN TREES/SEEDLING

Last edited:

farms2

Organized Sandalwood, Organic Mango and Teakwood Farms

Hi All,

I work with a company that was formed by Scientist, biologist and promoters, with an intention to bring back Indians towards sustainable Agriculture.

Few of the project highlights include;

 Maximum Investment Security
 Ethical Plantation Management
 Un-attended Income for Investors
 Sustainable Organic Farming

has a vision, ‘ Promote Collective Farming and Sustainable Agriculture among Indians who do not have time or expertise in agriculture management’.

We have managed to keep the investment at rock-bottom prices, manage risk effectively and provide maximum investment security with the help of contributions from renowned scientists and biologists like Dr. H.S. Anantha Padmanabha (IWST), mong others.

Highlighters:

• Gated farming with in-house swimming pool and bamboo cottages.
• Project being managed by renowned Scientists & Biologists having 40+ years of exp.
• 300 sandalwood, 100 mango and 50 teakwood per acre
• Project approved for claimable insurance of 4.5 crores INR per acre.
• Project planned with all contingency planning such as
1) Organic pest management preparation
2) Rain Water harvesting management system
3) Ground water recharging management.
4) Windmill for alternate dependency on electricity.

• Adaptation of cutting edge technology for crop protection.
• Land ownership in the name of investor giving complete control of investment.
• Minimum investment requires is as low as 3 lakhs.

Available in 1200 SqYds, 2400 Sq Yds and 4800 SqYds

iiht

Hybrid Teak Plants,Teak Agriculture ,Teak Plantation,Teak Tree www.nafeesnursery.com

TEAK PLANT,TEAK PLANTATION,
TEAK SAPLING,TEAK PLANTATION

www.nafeesnursery.com

HOME DELIVERY AVAILABLA PLANTS, SEEDS , COMPOST ETC.

1.Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority Govt of India.(APEDA)

2.Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India.(ASSOCHAM)

View attachment 2888

Teak Hybrid Plants, Saplings ,Veritys

1.Teak hybrid plants / saplings

2.Teak seedling plant / saplings

3.Teak australian plant / saplings

4.Teak normal plant / saplings

5.Teak hybrid big leaf plant / saplings

ALSO VISIT NEWS PAPER LINK,S ABOUT SUGAR FREE MANGO NAFEES NURSERY & EXPORTER.

Sugar-free mangoes - The Hindu

Nafees Nursery | Chitralekha

rohtak information desk: Sugar-free mangoes

Sugar-free mangoes

Last edited: