Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Suggest to delay flowering of drumstick.

Register

Click Here!

jethwafarms

Hi, I have drumstick trees in my farm. I want to delay its flowering cycle by spraying or fertiliser so that I can get fruits in June and July. Can any one help..Thanks

greenlandfns

Hi, I have drumstick trees in my farm. I want to delay its flowering cycle by spraying or fertiliser so that I can get fruits in June and July. Can any one help..Thanks
Don't try to intervene too much with Mother Nature and its natural processes. Too much of unnatural interventions can lead to disasters instead of benefits. There are local varieties of Drum stick in Kerala that have fruits in June and July also-not PKM-1 and 2 varieties. You try develop a variety of Drumstick that will flower and give fruits always-round the year-that may be possible. Contact some Agriculture Research Institute or University to develop such a variety.

green_ farms

Try pruning them as per your requirement instead of using sprays, it can easily be delayed by 30-60 days or even more.