Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

sOLAR WATER PUMPS, STREET LIGHTS, FENCING, ETC.,

Register

Click Here!

shreesh

Thanks to Manish Khare

Hi Manish - Great of you to turn this thread into a knowledge sharing opportunity.

I am from Pune and am aware of SpanPumpsIndia.com which also supply solar pumps along with the entire kit.

If there is any further follow up with TachoMetric that you would like me to do due to my proximity, let me know. I too will search for more options of suppliers of just solar panels and controllers.

BTW, this discussion made me realise that the solar pumps are DC and therefore cannot be used with electricity, when available. That seems quite an overhead to maintain 2 different pumps (considering I do get electricity sometimes or decide to use a diesel genset). Can't we convert AC/DC to maintain a single pump?

manishkhare

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the new source of information. I shall get in touch with spanpumpsindia also to understand their pricing.

Solar pumps are DC and can directly run from solar panels. THis is an advantage as you will not need costly and poluting batteries (also to be replaced every 4-5 years) if you are running pump during sunshine.

However, DC pumps can also be run from AC current and vice versa. You need an inverter and batteries bank to convert AC to DC and DC to AC. Then even solar panels can run our existing AC motors. However this is not advised
1. AC to DC and DC to AC conversion (more than 20 %)
2. AC pumps need initial surge to start. That would require you to keep a buffer in your inverter and batteries and have to put more power panel then actually required by pump.

But all these things change with change in your parameters i.e. total water requirement, water availability, existing investment in AC pumps, availability of technical help for installation and maintenance, solar panel cost, batteries and inverter cost, day/night running of pump etc.

In general, it's advised that we use DC pumps with solar panel due to panel cost issues. For example, 1 kwp solar panel cost around 75,000 rs at current market price. If you go with 1 hp DC pump then you will pay around

75k - Solar panel
35 k - Pump
2-3 k - charge controller (you may not need it if pump comes with inbuit controller)
Total - 113,000 rs

For AC, assuming you already have 1 hp AC pump, you pay

1 lk - Solar panel (considering 20% extra for conversion losses)
6 k - Inverter
20 k - batteries
2-3 k - charge controller
Total - 130 k (not including cost of your existing AC pump)

Wiring, pipe and other cost will remain same for both. This is my rough calculation. Again as said earlier, it may vary based on parameters.

Thanks and regards,
Manish Khare

kamadenugroup

Soalr Products

I was asking the price details for my farm. He is not responding. No use

Regards
Amanullah AG
My dear Amanullah,
Please let us know what exactly you need, PM us to enable us to send complete details, alternatively you can contact us:

what price details you are asking for your farm? we don't understand.

thanks
Nagbhushanam

Last edited by a moderator:

janaagri

Dear all,

SEASONS GREETINGS

Solar Water Pumps

We have in stores for our clients Solar Water Pumps that are the stand alone systems. These runs on power generated using solar PV (photovoltaic) system. The generated power is used for operating DC surface centrifugal mono-block pump set for lifting water from bore / open well or water reservoir for minor irrigation and drinking water purpose. Moreover, it is highly recommended to install the systems in a shadow-free area. These systems are widely appreciated for the following features:

* No fuel cost-uses abundantly available free sun light
* No conventional grid electricity required
* Long operating life
* Highly reliable and durable- free performance
* Easy to operate and maintain
* Eco-friendly
* Saving of conventional diesel fuel

Solar Power Security Fencing

We have with us Solar Power Security Fencing that is designed with cyclic wave technology of high voltage deterrent system. These systems help to deter, detect, and deny physical intrusion by giving the intruder a shot, sharp and painful but safe shock. Known for checking the fence 50 or less time a minute, these are high in demand among our clients.

* When the Fence wires are cut or tampered with, a built in alarm will immediately alert the monitoring personnel and the security authorities.
* The SPF will be of 6feet high Security Power Fence on the ground.
* Warning sign boards made of waterproof material that is meant for outdoor use will be placed all sides
* The boards will be painted with fluorescent yellow back ground and black lettering
* The size of the board will be 500 mm x 250 mm x 3 mm
* The warning messages will be in Telugu, and English

Solar Street Light

Our clients are offered with Solar Street Lights. These are basically the Photovoltaic cells, which are the solid-state semiconductor devices that
convert solar energy into electric energy. The solar cells of the light are tied up in series or in parallel to obtain desired output and are called
solar modules. Solar modules when associated in series or in parallel to meet load requirement are called solar array. These lights are widely used in
Central Govt. Departments, State Govt. Departments, NGOs, Institutes, Corporate Sectors, Industries, Resorts, Farm Houses, Bungalows, Apartments, Hotels, Schools and Hostels.

You ca reach us at KAMADHENU GROUP,
hallo...solar system for 3 hp motor pump
Can you send me the detail of solar water pump with panels, of 3 hp motor pump and its solar panel, batteries etc and places where it has been installed.

P JANARDHANA THIS IS MY I D

kamadenugroup

solar products

Dear sir
pl give 2 and 5 hp solar pump rates
pl give your tel no

abdul khader
regards

Dear Mr. M A Khader.

Please note that 2 HP will cost you Rs. 2,95,500 only as a special limited offer
from KAMADENU GROUP.

For further details please contact

kamadenugroup

solar water pumping systems

Dear Sir,
Please send more details about solar products.we are interested to install/use in our infra projects.
please contact
regards,
Madhukar.
Dear Sir,

Please PM us your email id and contact number

Thanks and regards

Nagbhushanam

kamadenugroup

Solar water pumping system

The solar water pumping system uses solar energy to pump water.

Parts
• Solar PV panel
• One of the following motor-pump sets compatible with the photovoltaic array:
• surface mounted centrifugal pump set,
• submersible pump set,
• floating pump set,
• Submersible pump set,
• Any other type of motor-pump set, after approval from MNRE
• Pipes

Working of a solar water pumping system
The system operates on power generated using solar PV (photovoltaic) system. The photovoltaic array converts the solar energy into electricity, which is used for running the motor pump set. The pumping system draws water from the open well, bore well, stream, pond, canal etc.
The system requires a shadow-free area for installation of the Solar Panel

Utility
A system with 1800 watt PV array capacity and 2 HP pump can give a water discharge of 1.4 lakh litres per day from a depth of 6 to 7 meters. This quantity of water is considered adequate for irrigating about 5-8 acres of land holding for several crops.

Approximate Cost

Total cost of the system - Rs. 3.5 to 4.5 lacs depending on specifications
GOI subsidy through MNRE - @ 30 per cent

Advantages

• No fuel cost - as it uses available free sun light
• No electricity required
• Long operating life
• Highly reliable and durable
• Easy to operate and maintain
• Eco-friendly

kamadenugroup

Dear sir,

Please forward us your contact details to enable us to send all the details

Thanks and regards
Nagbhushanam

pinnakas

Please give Street Light Rate

Hi,

We have mango orchard in AP. I would like to know the price for Street Light.If it is cost effective i may consider installing solar fence around my 33 acre orchard.

Thanks in advance.

c_rana12

Hi, please contact me with the details about the solar water pumps
and also send your contact details.