Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Serious Problem

Register

Click Here!

abalodi

Respected all,

I want to use this forum to discuss the one of the serious problem faced by the farmers of my area. I belong to the hill area of Uttarakhand state. All the crops are quite badly affected by the wild animals especially Monkeys. As the area is surounded by the forest, it is quite difficult to get the rid of them.
I want to have some vital seggesstions from the experts, or if any of you have tackled these kind of problems then please guide us.

I hope you all will consider the seriousness of the issue because lots of farmers have denied to do farming practice due to this Problem.

Amit

kedlaya52

helo.........

my friend you r facing the same problems that is been faced by many farmers of south india.

coming to the point it depends on the crop your growing and the are size. and the monkey species.

so please state these things.

sadiq215

Respected all,

I want to use this forum to discuss the one of the serious problem faced by the farmers of my area. I belong to the hill area of Uttarakhand state. All the crops are quite badly affected by the wild animals especially Monkeys. As the area is surounded by the forest, it is quite difficult to get the rid of them.
I want to have some vital seggesstions from the experts, or if any of you have tackled these kind of problems then please guide us.

I hope you all will consider the seriousness of the issue because lots of farmers have denied to do farming practice due to this Problem.

Amit
Try to pet one or two Black head monkey and the red monkey will be chased by them.

aromedindia

Wild animal

This is no doubt a serious problem with farmers having their land bordering forest areas. Growing deterrent crops can be one solution but the option may not suit to every farmer. To get rid of wild animal problem, farmers in Pilibhit district of Uttar pradesh stared growing a grass that is used for making rope.

Uttranchal is a ideal for growing a number of medicinal and aromatic crops. If farmers near to forest switch over to such crops,the problem can be handled to great extent. Even putting few rows of deterrent crops of aromatic and herbal nature may help. In this regards,depending upon location and farmers situation, crop like lemongrass, citronella Java, Eucaltptus citriodora, E. globulus, Tagetes, Basil, Sylibrium, Artemesia,Asparagus, Chamomile,rose, geranium, Mentha piperita, M spicata,Pyrethrum etc may be selected.

Thanks
aromedindia@gmail.com

agronomy

Agri Probulam

This is no dought a big probulam in hill area but you cane grow aromatic crop or spray monky beet .
Thank

sundar subbuss

The way to get rid of monkey are :

1. Installing Solar fence - expensive
2. Make rice balls and put chilli powder init. The monkey eat them and for water they have to run away on all sides and this is one of the ways.
3. Spray a mixture ( rotten eggs 1 :10) on all sides of fence and this foul smell may help to stop the entry of monkeys.
try this and let me know....

S.Sundar

sandesh23

The way to get rid of monkey are :

1. Installing Solar fence - expensive
2. Make rice balls and put chilli powder init. The monkey eat them and for water they have to run away on all sides and this is one of the ways.
3. Spray a mixture ( rotten eggs 1 :10) on all sides of fence and this foul smell may help to stop the entry of monkeys.
try this and let me know....

S.Sundar

I would suggest you to keep a Tiger or Lion as they are the most dangerous of all wild animals and they are nonvegeterian so your crop is saved....and they will have their food i:e monkeys...try this and see no one has practised this in agriculture...love plants and animals both...

shanmuga06

Now a days the most of farmers community are to be affected by the monkeys.This is a problem in hilly and forest area and we are in plain area belongs to south tamilnadu facing much difficulties like in coconut cultivation,guava orchard and the monkeys are jumping in the paddy field. An account of this we are losing the grains in large quantum.But one thing the monkish are not entered in lemon orchard if so entered in the lemon orchard there was no sabotage of single fruit.So go for lemon cultivation.

Thanks

A Sivakumar,
Priya Nursery Garden,
Karaikudi-630001 TN
priyagar06@yahoo.co.in