Polyhouse Setup

Register

rahul178

hello...

I am new to Polyhouse. I have few question, please help me:

1. What are the advantages of a Polyhouse?
2. What is the initial cost of setting up Polyhouse say 100 sq foot area.
3. What is the problem faced by Polyhouse owners?
4. I have read somewhere that constant supply of eletricity is needed is that true?
5. What is the profit margin of normally.
6. What is the maintainance cost?

Thanks

atulkalaskar

1. What are the advantages of a Polyhouse?
Advantages are many but at a primary level it protects plantation from rain, heat, wind, birds and to some extent from air borne diseases.

2. What is the initial cost of setting up Polyhouse say 100 sq foot area.
That's too small a area but on an average Rs. 650 / sq. mt is the cost for naturally ventilated greenhouse. Higher versions such as fan pad systems can cost upwards of Rs. 1500 / sq. mt and will need constant supply of electricity and good quality water.

3. What is the problem faced by Polyhouse owners?
No specific problems that can be attributed to green house but all problems that are associated with traditional farming are seen in polyhouse as well. This is because it's still an old wine in new bottle. Using cheaper material or low cost structures will result in frequent maintenance and occasional crop damage but good contractor with quality work will ensure you have happy growing period.

4. I have read somewhere that constant supply of eletricity is needed is that true?
Depends on the type of green house structure and automation that you may have used.

5. What is the profit margin of normally.
Depends on what you are growing and how you are selling. Just because you are growing in green houses will not give your product any premium unless you are using the right technology such as hydroponics and ensuring your products have zero residue.

6. What is the maintainance cost?
You may have to change the plastic every 3-5 years and other parts if you are using heavy automation otherwise not much.

Regards

Atul

rahul178

Hello Atul....

Thanks for the quick reply.....

More question would come up as i go deeper into it. Main thing that i want to clear is the that it should not be too troublesome to setup the Polyhouse and maintain it.. as intitial investment is high ...

steve4sudhan

Need help

Hi...i would like to know what are the best crops to be grown in the green in order to gain maximum profit..i am planning to concentrate mostly on the export market..plz suggest..thanks

atulkalaskar

With greenhouse and hydroponics as a technology you can grow any crop in greenhouse. so best is study your market, understand which crops you would like to grow then research as much you can on growing option and then consult the experts.

i do not see any reason why you would be making losses after putting in these many efforts?

karnalmahl

regard polyhouse

hi i am karnal singh mahl from amritsar punjab,i am interesting to having polyhouse in my 2000sq ft feild,i want to know where i consult about it,
if u can help me i am leaving my email below,
i will wait for ue responce
thanks
karnal mahl

Last edited by a moderator: