Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Planning for organic farming business at hoskote

Register

Click Here!

prathik bs

Hi Team,

This is prathik from Bangalore.

Right now I'm working for an IT company though I have an interest in agricultural business having MBA in Marketing as my Masters Degree.

I and my friend are planning to start the business by doing organic farming or green house farming.

Our main area of interest is to grow the on demand crops or to export, next plan is to having an inventory in bangalore etc etc..

We have our lands near hoskote and mainly we wanted to do the AGRI in more organised way as a company.

Please advice us to start up the business towards GREEN.

Thanks,
Prathik.BS

ramu1970

Organic

Hi Team,

This is prathik from Bangalore.

Right now I'm working for an IT company though I have an interest in agricultural business having MBA in Marketing as my Masters Degree.

I and my friend are planning to start the business by doing organic farming or green house farming.

Our main area of interest is to grow the on demand crops or to export, next plan is to having an inventory in bangalore etc etc..

We have our lands near hoskote and mainly we wanted to do the AGRI in more organised way as a company.

Please advice us to start up the business towards GREEN.

Thanks,
Prathik.BS
Dear Mr.Prathik

Good idea and I appreciate your interest in agriculture more particularly organic ..Future trend is organic food crops ..As you know present foods are cultivated in highly commercialized hi tech methods using more synthetic fertilizers , poisionous herbicide , fungicide and insecticide without which cultivation and profit is impossible ..we can not blame farmers for this because it is right from the farmers ' perspective aiming to get more profit from bumper yield ..but the impact and consequences of continuous consumption of such food items produced in this way is very serious and reflects in the bad health of new born and so many diseases like cancer, infertility, deformed organs , etc..So now awareness about these bad consequences are seen among world community

Now people say that a food items say fruits or vegetables found with insect larvae inside the fruits or vegetables is the symptom of identifying it as pure organic produce .because if the farmers have used pesticide the insect and its larvae would have died and the fruits or vegetable would be looking shining like glass ..

Coming to the point..since you intend to start this organic farming as commercial business , you must consider cost effectiveness of the project ..Organic farming methods involve specialized techniques right from the land preparation, sowing till harvest and packaging and delivery to the end users ..

This involve selection of only those particular crops which has huge market demand or you can create demand for those product in market ..ie I am advising high value and high demand crops whether fruits or vegetables or grains whatever it may be ..second thing is to choose an appropriate cultivation methods ..if you choose hi tech methods like green house it will increase cost of cultivation and you may have to wait for Break even point to reach late after starting your project ..

Organic farming is a specialized subject and if you want to start your agri business in commerical line , you need to create brand for your organic product and undertake organic cultivation with due considerations on land preparations, selection of seeds , nutrients, organic pest and disease control with purely organic principles , seed treatment , soil treatment , Apiary and surveilence of crops ....

wish you all the best

T.Ramu., B.Sc., ( Agri ) MBA
Seed Inspector
Department of seed certification and organic certification
Government of Tamilnadu
Chennai

Dear Mr.T.Ramu

we are cultivating NPOP certified organic cultivation.Now we r developing non basmathi rice and ground nut and vegetables.Please can u show me some market or dealers numbers who r intrested in organic meterial.