Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Organic Farming

Register

Are you practicing organic farming at your farm?

• Total voters

Click Here!

editorialteam

Mr. Sudharshan, says-

As per the latest happenings only 18% of farmers are doing it. As said it is all a talk about in cities in air conditioned rooms.

Mr. Sudharshan
No: 2, 5th Main Road,
SBM Colony, Anandnagar
Hebbal Farm Post,
Bangalore 560024
Mob: 9901512492
Email: rittysudarshan@gmail.com

editorialteam

Mr. Kapil Sharma, Sr. TECHNICAL OFFICER, Central Potato Research Institute says-

Organic farming is a distant dream as long as food is grown, keeping production in mind. No, only book based curriculum and computer based models will not work as long as students are not exposed to real situations at field level.

Central Potato Research Institute
Shimla-171001, HP INDIA
Phone: 0177-2625182, 2625073
Mob: 09914757697
Email: kapil222in@gmail.com
Web: Home | Central Potato Research Institute

Last edited:

editorialteam

Mr. Arun Kummar, Organic Farming Consultant, Klink Bio Organic Fertilizers, says-

Not all the farmers but the farmers who like to change to organic farming will be getting benefits slowly. In India organic farming and benefits are understood by the farmers slowly. Organic farming needs lot of work and dedication is required by the farmers. Nowadays farmers are not showing enough interest in cultivation.

Klink Bio Organic Fertilizers
SAP Marketing, No 21, 8th Cross, Cubbonpet,
Bangalore 560002.
Mobile No: +919035770885.
Email: arunnet1982@yahoo.co.in / arunnet1982@gmail.com / klinkbangalore@gmail.com

editorialteam

Er Sanjeeb Patjoshi,IPS, IG, Director, VAMNICOM says-

Organic farming is the labeling aspect for higher price demanding as it has health benefits. These products as high priced are sold in urban areas. Farmers can benefit from it. For this organic farming cold chain linkage and transport to urban areas are must. Such is lacking at present in India. Farmers are being educated about organic farming. In some states like AP, Odisha, and in tribal areas organic farming are being done.

Vaikunt Mehta National Institute of Cooperative Management, Pune University Road,
Pune - 411 007
Phone: 020 25701203
Email: mdksfdc@gmail.com
Web: Welcome To VAMNICOM

editorialteam

Mr. Ramesh Chandra Joshi, Owner and Farmer says-

It is just an academic discussion. One should go for the periodic analysis of soil and accordingly he should adopt precise integrated farming. In real life, all have no enough finance to bear the initial loss of yield which is very apparent in organic farming.

Shivsagar Herbal Farm
10 A, Shivam Park Society,
Bhuj Madhapar Ring Road
Bhuj – 370001, Kachchh, Gujarat
Mobile: 9428819243
Email: jrl@shivsagarherbalfarm.com
Web: Home

editorialteam

Mr.B.N. Ravindra says-

All said and done it is still in a nascent stage. The benefits of organic farming to the actual farmers has not yet realized in full. Most of the Indian produce in tribal areas and remote rural areas are by default organic. But the farmers are not able to capitalize on this because of certification issues. Till such time that the process of certification is affordable to the rural masses the benefits cannot be passed on to them.

B.N. Ravindra
Mob: 8688214455
Email: bnravindra@sivashakthi.net

editorialteam

Sameer A.Sirdeshpande (Lingdhal) says-

India being the highest populated country, pure Organic Farming will never serve the purpose. If that was the case, Green Revolution would not have been existed. Basically organic farming is highly labor intensive and at present availability of labor in agriculture sector in India is one of the biggest constraint. Although the concept of Organic Farming is very good but practical application of the same is very difficult. So best way is to switch to Integrated Farming which will bring stability to farm income and quality food material to the consumers.

Sameer A.Sirdeshpande (Lingdhal)
Alka Amla Products
Shop No.8
Taluka Panchayat Complex
RAMDURG-591123
Dist: Belgaum, Karnataka
Cell: +91 99722 18328
Email - sameerhort@gmail.com

manidharma

Really organic farming is booming now...?

Yes... Noe a days many farmers realized the adverse effects of chemical fertilizers. They started looking for new venture called Organic Farming (Obviously our old traditional practices only)

editorialteam

Mr. Narayana Rao, Sugarcane and Paddy Farmer says-

Government AO's and sugar factory staff are insisting on adopting organic farming and explaining the health and soil hazardous of continuous usage of inorganic farming.

Mr. Narayana Rao
S/o Kanakaiah,kachavarigudem,garidepalli mandal ,Nalgonda District,
AP 508204
Mob: 94409 67958
Email: rdcane@madhuconsugars.com /tumati.sridhar74@gmail.com

editorialteam

Mr. Raja, Proprietor Kanni Farm says-

Yes, there are benefits in organic farming, but still it needs more awareness for the farmers in village level.

KANNI FARMS
Poiyankulam Village, Aruppukottai
Virudhunagar District Tamilnadu
Mob: 8189877688
Email: kannifarms@gmail.com

Last edited:

editorialteam

Mr. Sunil Kumar, Proprietor Sree Guruvayoorappan Dairy Farm and Vaikundam Farm Resorts says,

I am dairy farmer. You are talking about organic..let me tell you I claim I am producer of organic milk but my questions is - Who will give organic feed? Only in town it sells. We are in villages and so it won’t work but I am promising chemical-free milk as I don’t add any urea in my feed directly as the cattle feed companies do. Today Supreme Court observed that those responsible for contamination of milk should get life imprisonment. What about the companies who are supplying these types of materials and what about the governments to be punished if they cannot keep the life of citizen safe. What to say, even the Supreme Court judges are bought says the media. The future of India is very bad. God help India.

I always argue for organic farm in my farm. I don’t use any chemicals. My pepper is organic, my coffee is organic, and my oranges are also organic but who comes to buy it? I sell them as ordinary crops by taking ordinary rate. The market should reach to producers since the middlemen with eagles eyes are making money like the politicians of India.

In case of horticulture too - I don’t think concept of organic even reaches the farmers.

Sree Guruvayoorappan Dairy Farm and Vaikundam Farm Resorts
Souparnika
Karuvannur Thrissur
Kerala, India
Mobile: 9447516969
Email: sunilmenon16@yahoo.co.in /sunilmenon16@gmail.com

editorialteam

Dr. Usha Barwale Zehr, Chief Technology officer, MAHYCO-Maharashtra Hybrid Seeds Company says,

There is much talking about organic produce and in the larger metros a small demand for the same. I do not work on this and so I do not have information on how much more do the farmers benefit. However, looking to our food security needs and challenges, coupled with the need to ensure enough labor availability and markets, organic production will not be able to meet our demand and will remain an opportunity for a niche market. We need to focus on precision agriculture where we use optimum levels of all inputs, in terms of fertilizers, pesticides etc.

MAHYCO-Maharashtra Hybrid Seeds Company
Dawalwadi, PO Box 76, Jalna (MS) 431203, India
Ph: 02482262371-375
Email: usha.zehr@mahyco.com
Web: Mahyco

editorialteam

Mr. Hanumantha Rao, Ganga Kaveri Seeds Pvt. Ltd says-

Given our growing population and reducing farm acreages, the only way we can improve farm productivity is thru use of chemicals and fertilizers. From a health perspective organic is the right way, but if you look at the prices at which organic foods are available, it is clearly an urban and health oriented discussion.

Ganga Kaveri Seeds Pvt. Ltd
1406, Babukhan Estate
Bashirbagh, Hyderabad (A.P.), INDIA
Tel: 23242450/51, 23233518, 44347222 / 66667222/ 23 / 24 /25
Mob: 98666 79227
Email: ch.rao@gangakaveri.in
Web: -::- Gangakaveri -::-

editorialteam

Dr. P. Jayasankar, Director, CIFA says-

Organic farming is a good concept with reference to environment protection and better health. Nevertheless, in aquaculture it may take some more time to actually develop foolproof organic farming technology.

The Central Institute of Freshwater Aquaculture
Kausalyanga, Bhubaneswar-751002, Odisha, India
Phone: 91-674-2465421, 2465446
Email: pjayasankar@yahoo.com
Web: Cifa

editorialteam

Mr. Milind Bhandarkar, Founder, ALFA TECH INDIA (P) LTD says-

Organic farming is really very much beneficial to farmers as his gain & quality of grain increases tremendously, but for this purpose, the rate of products should not be doubled or tripled. And who will give you guarantee that it is really organic? From my point of view everybody should be honest with himself not to cheat or do malfunctioning in his life & business too.

ALFA TECH INDIA (P) LTD
1717, Shivaji Nagar, Zenith Complex,
Opp. Agri. College, Pune-5
Ph: 020 25530399
Mob: 9822871132
Email: support@alphatechindia.com / alfatechindia@gmail.com
Web: Alfa-Tech India

editorialteam

Ms. Saroj Patel, Director, Amrit Sanjeevani Herbal Herbotech Co.says-

We can provide our facilities all over India. Actually the market value of the organic farming is more profitable than the normal farming and we purchase the organic farming here and consumption in India is on a very large scale.

Amrit Sanjeevani Herbal Herbotech Co.
205, Mehta Chamber, Delhi Gate
Udaipur - 313001, Rajasthan, India
Mob: 96021 24449
Email: saruniya7@gmail.com
Web: Amritsanjeevani Herbal Herbotech

editorialteam

Mr. Naveen Pratap Singh, Proprietor, Vinodhara Agri Tech says-

Well, this is will take some more little time to be established (May be next 3-4 years). A strong regulatory body is required to certify such products. As far as hill is concerned, this is by default for organic producers. But again the question comes if a hand full of Organic produce cannot meet the demand of market (Quantity wise). Yes, this is true that Organic farming is a city-based discussion at present. A farmer should be regularized through above said body and must be benefited by premium price on it.

Vinodhara Agri Tech
Vinodhara Agrico
C-165, New Mandi
Bareilly Road
Haldwani, Nainial, Uttrakhand
Mob: 8449713799 / 9719701389
Email: vinodharaagritech@gmail.com

editorialteam

Dr. Manish Patel, Executive Director, Incotec says-

It is a long way to go for having real organic food concept implemented in India. It could be a dream to produce organically but not true scientifically in presence scenario of Indian Agriculture and existing rules and regulations. Such concept is not need of day for India as well not fitting in Food Security Mission of India.

Incotec
47-Mahagujarat Industrial Estate
Opp Pharmalab, Sarkhej Bavla Highway
A.t: Moraiya Ta.: Sanand, Ahmedabad - 382 213
Mob: 09825046614
Email: manish.patel@incotec.com
Web: INCOTEC Central Asia - incotec.com

editorialteam

Mr. H.K. Prakash, Founder, HK Global Enterprise says-

Definitely farmers are benefitted. There are already good results in Himachal Pradesh & Nagaland. There are many organic certified farms that are very happy about their results and profits.

Especially in Karnataka, the government has provided huge provision in budget for organic farming this year. And also they are providing subsidy on vermicompost to farmers. Farmers have to submit their agriculture land details and farming details to their panchayat’s regional officers to get subsidized organic fertilizers.

HK Global Enterprise
450, 1ST MAIN ROAD, SOWMYA KALI NAGAR, ANDRAHALLI,
NEAR PEENYA 2ND STAGE,
Bengaluru - 560058, Karnataka, India
Mob: 9980400241
Email: jyothiprakashhk@gmail.com
Web: Vermi Compost,Vermi Compost Beds,Vermi Compost Supplier,Trader

editorialteam

Dr. N. Barathi, Director, Growmore Biotech says-

Organic farming, in my opinion is picking up now as the awareness on the pesticide residue and the influence on the human health is increasing. The market volume is yet to increase, once it reaches higher volume the benefit to the farmer will be on the increase. No doubt, the awareness of the pesticides residue is more in the city than towns and villages. I see the potential is as similar to "Mineral water bottles". When it started 20 years back, mineral water is for a advertisement and later it was available in few places. Today, it is available in all streets and small shops and on par with cost of pure milk. I think, the farmer should wait for some more time, keep continuing the cultivation of organic farming and definitely there is huge market within a decade.

Growmore Biotech
41-B Sipcot, Phase II, HOSUR - 635 109
Tamil Nadu, Phone: 04344 260564, 260565
Email: barathigrowmore@yahoo.com / barathinambi@gmail.com
Web: Plant tissue culture from Growmore Bio-tech Ltd.