Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Need information on sandalwood growing and selling- laws applicable

Register

Click Here!

pradeep_82

Can we sell sandalwood openly and directly to anybody? I thought even though government has allowed to grow sandalwood. We have to take permission to cut and sell sandalwood only to forest department for which they charge 30% commission.
If any knowledgeable persons, Please help me with right information on this. I am planning for sandalwood plantation

greenlandfns

Can we sell sandalwood openly and directly to anybody? I thought even though government has allowed to grow sandalwood. We have to take permission to cut and sell sandalwood only to forest department for which they charge 30% commission.
If any knowledgeable persons, Please help me with right information on this. I am planning for sandalwood plantation
At present some states (Karnataka, Kerala etc) offer a scheme for cultivation of Sandalwood (Santalum album) under which Government/Forest Department/Government Agency (in Karnataka, there is a scheme offered by Mysore Sandals company of Government) will take wood value (mostly 25-30%) of the sale price and the farmer will get 70-75%-that is when it matures, may be after 15-20 years. You can check with your State Forest department as rules vary from state to state. If you need any assistance for cultivation including saplings, please contact us for further details by mail to E: greenlandfns@gmail.com Please see our other posts in this site.