Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Wanted Native Breeds of Cows - Required

Register

Click Here!

kannangs

Hi I am looking out to buy Cows, Calves and Bulls of breeds native to India. The purpose of buying native breeds is only for passion and not looking from earning revenue from this activity. Yes you can call it as an attempt to conserve our native breeds, promote healthy specimens (thorough breed) and I see that as my contribution to society. We have our own farmland in Kodaikanal - Tamilnadu, hence availability of green fodder is not a problem at all.

Expert opinion is also sought in guiding me to set up the animal shelter, dung collection - gobar gas, dung cake etc and also preventive / precautionary measures to be undertaken to prevent any disease outbreak. The area is hilly region and cold weather plus it has carnivores (free ranging) hence the sheds needs to be strong and sturdy enough to withstand the vagaries of nature - hence advice is sought.

I am primarily looking out for Vechoor, Malenad Gidda, Umblacherry, Kangeyam, Bargur, Palamalai, Alambadi, Iruchalli, Pulikulam and Punganur breeds. Do let me know if you have pure strains of any of these breeds.

sampadafarms

Conserving the native breeds, this idea itself great. We wish you success in your efforts. Most of the ten breeds you mentioned are South Indian Origin. There are in total around 27 South Indian breeds including ten you refered. Most of this breeds are at the edge of extinct. Its a herculean task. Have long term plans. Have a clear vision about this project. Concentrate on some 15 - 20 breeds. Identify pure lines of them. Keep maximum 4-5 animals in each. Create infrastructure accordingly. For any help and assitance you can contact us. We will assist you in all matters in your proposed wonderful project.

Regards
Sampada Farms & Consultants