Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Mushroom cultivation

Register

Click Here!

sathasivamp

Sir,
I like to cultivate Button Mushroom within my garden or in my house.
Could you please provide me a detailed procedures and requirements for growing button mushroom.

Ashwini

Hi

Button mushroom cultivation

Requirement

Place : indoor A/C plant in any where or Hill region
Temperature : 20 and 25to 30 degree temperature
Humidity : 85 to 95 %
Water : well water / river water / bore water

Button mushroom cultivation is one which requires some specific set up and cannot be done in every environment. For the best yield and the quality of the button mushroom produce it is often advisable that a hill region like that in Simla, Ooty, Kodaikanal, Bomdila, Mussorie is necessary or if not this environment then the indoor setup must be an air conditioned plant. The temperature required for the best cultivation is around 20 degrees in the case run plant and the 25- 30 degrees in the spawn run plant with the relative humidity of around 90%. The water supply can be from a nearby river, well or bore ensuring a constant supply.

Ooty 1 and Ooty (BM) 2 (released in 2002) are the two strains of button mushrooms released for commercial cultivation by the scientists of Horticulture Research Station of the Tamil Nadu Agricultural University at Vijayanagaram, Ooty. The strains which are mostly cultivated in India are S-11, TM-79 and Horst H3..

The whole process of mushroom production can be divided into the following steps:

(i) Spawn production

(ii) Compost preparation

(iii) Spawning

(iv) Spawn running

(v) Casing

(vi) Fruiting

You can avail trainings at the krishi vigyan kendras and also agriculture departments.

REgards
Ashwini