Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Mnago Tree cultivation

Register

Click Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajureddy

Sir,

I am new to this forum, we have 5 acres land in andhra pradesh, kurnool district (red soil), we have enough water for mango tree plantation. we plant 200 alphonso (Ratnagiri type) last year. Now they are good in growth. I came to know that the Ratnagiri district mangoes only have demand in market for alphonso. is it ? what type of Ratnagiri land? coz we can change soil and can fertilise as according that soil. and i came to know that if we get crop in between jan to march we will get good money for that crop. so how can we fertilise and water system to get early crop in this model.

Please give me and help me if you have any information . you can mail me
if you have any contact number pls give me i will call to you to know more about this.

thanks.

rajesh

Last edited by a moderator:

shanmuga06

mango cultivation

Sir,

Mr rajureddy you have taken wrong decision reagding mango plantations.There is no good soil at ratnagiri.And there is acute shortage of water.The soil is very rockery one.In ratnagiri area the farmers dig a pit for mango plantations very depth and pour soil taken from outside Some times they used bomb plast for digging pit for mango.But the climate of the ratnagiri the major cretaria for colour and the taste of the alphonsa mango fruits.So you can go for mango cultivation with the locally availiable varieties .Dont go one variety you can plant all varieties as mixed mango garden.

For more details plz contact us:

A Sivakumar
Priya Nursery garden
KARAIKUDI-630001
+9198943080275
priyagar06@yahoo.co.in

rajureddy

Mango plantation

Sir,

Thanks for your kind info , but my land is good for mango trees, and i don't know why you mention that have to plant local available mango trees, coz this type has good demand in india and King of mango is alphonso na. we have enough water also , so you are mentioning about climate, actually my area has good for mango plantation coz we have wide range of mango plantaion in my mandal, i.e some thousand acers like that.

So please elaborate me why that type is not good, i.e in which factor?

Status
Not open for further replies.