Kasturi Manjal

Register

mgmenon

needs seeds of Curcuma aromatica ( Kasturi manjal ) 5-10 Kgs. Pls let me know were I could get these in Trichur ? This is an immediate need.
Also let me know the approx price per Kg.

rarematerial

We can sell if you want 100Kgs

We can sell if you want 100 Kgs. It is from Andhra Pradesh and we can able to send by transport (charges has to bear by buyer). Cost sent to ur inbox.

kumar1261

required turmeric

wantedknowhow for turmeric cultivation near banglore in about 8 acres and also supply of rizomes very urgent

powranikam

The Real one

It is a perennial rhizomatous herb with annulate, aromatic, cream coloured rhizome.
Leaves are elliptic or lanceolate-oblong, 30-45 cm long, lower sides of leaves are hairy and smooth.
Flowering not usually observed under Kerala conditions.
At present, only local types are available for cultivation

View attachment 6076

The fake one

View attachment 6077

[FONT=&quot]The Yellow zedoary/ Manjakoova (Curcuma zedoaria) plant is seen wild in homesteads and wastelands.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
It is robust in appearance compared to Kasthurinamjal; besides, a violet colouration is seen in the leaf midrib and the rhizomes are light yellow.[/FONT]

The manufactures are selling Yellow zedoary/ Manjakoova (Curcuma zedoaria) powder in the name of kasthuri manjal powder. Most of the people are cheated with this powder. If the color is yellow then it is not kasthuri manjal powder.
The cream color kasthuri manjal powder is the real one and its expensive
In most cases, the product now available in market under the label Kasthurimanjal powder, is yellow zedoary powder. The cream coloured powder of Kasthurimanjal is rarely available in market

powranikam@gmail.com

The cream color kasthuri manjal powder is the real one and its expensive
The Yellow zedoary/ Manjakoova (Curcuma zedoaria) plant is seen wild in homesteads and wastelands.
It is robust in appearance compared to Kasthurinamjal; besides, a violet colouration is seen in the leaf midrib and the rhizomes are light yellow.