Horticulture Plant

Register

jagadishkn

Coconut Dwarf Plant available good yield about 3rd Year.
Present Cost: 225/plant.
If any one want to know about revenue comparison contact please...
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Buy the book "Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Interviews"

shanmuga06

coconut cultivation

sir,

Now a days coconut cultivation is not advisible.Because the farmers wnt get any much profit comparing with other crop.One advantage will be there thats the people will call the farmers as coconut garden landlord.This kind hobour will be got among the people not monetary benefits.Today i asked one coconut farmar about his yield.he said the merchant fixed the rate as Rs 2.50 per coconut.the farmar will pay harvesting and collect the harvested coconut ,dump in one place.So finaly he will get Rs2/[per coconut.

thank you
a Sivakumar

vkv_2

sir,

Now a days coconut cultivation is not advisible.Because the farmers wnt get any much profit comparing with other crop.One advantage will be there thats the people will call the farmers as coconut garden landlord.This kind hobour will be got among the people not monetary benefits.Today i asked one coconut farmar about his yield.he said the merchant fixed the rate as Rs 2.50 per coconut.the farmar will pay harvesting and collect the harvested coconut ,dump in one place.So finaly he will get Rs2/[per coconut.

thank you
a Sivakumar
As with any form of agriculture the end produce of the farm depends upon various factors. Coconut cultivation is no doubt a very good alternative to other forms of long term cultivation.

I am a coconut farmer and am proud to say so . The cost of nuts from my farm have not been sold for lesser than Rs. 4.00/- . It all depends upon your farm management.

when compared to other forms of long term crops I would safely advice you to go for coconut. The only things that you have to take into consideration for a coconut farm is the type of soil and the selection of coconut variety for that particular soil. Also since it is a palm variety water also plays a vital role.

shanmuga06

Coconut cultivation

Dear Mr VKV,

The coconut cultivation not benefitable now a days.But you have stated that you are very proud of telling as a coconut farmer.What i told in my posting what you have stated in your replay 'Very Proud' .This is the benefit for all coconut farmers by call as coconut farmer not in finace benefit.and also you have stated the at you got Rs 4/-per nut.i think you are from Pollachi.Allways pollachi coconut will get more price than other places.eventhough if you get Rs 10/- per nut is also waste.what is the price of the single Tea in pollachi >i think Rs 5/-Two cups of tea are equalant to one pollachi coconut.Here the tea vendor is the great.i think you are selling coconut seedlings so that you dnt bother about the price of the coconuts.Now also i am telling the cultivation of coconut is not profitable than other crop.

thank you

a Sivakumar

jagadishkn

sir,

thank you
a Sivakumar

Hi,

If you are getting Less for Table Nut why can't you harvest Tender Nuts. If you are from Tamil Nadu You will get good price. A variety is available called DJ Hybrid, you will get a good price in market for these nuts. Coconut farmers in tamil nadu who having the above mention DJ hybrid getting/selling in good prices.
I asked one farmer at what price you sell tender coconut, he reply for 6Rs and in summer season the price will be 9Rs.
Thousands of coconut farmers who having DJ hybrid are happy.....any one can contact the coconut farmers having DJ Hybrid in there farm land.
Please contact...
You will get more details in DEEJAY FARM - A Unit Of Deejay Group

Last edited by a moderator:

shanmuga06

Tender coconut

Dear sir,

You have mentioned in this site that the cost of tender coconut will be Rs 9/- per tender coconut.its correct.Now a days what happened in tamilnadu.All farmers are not wait for maturity of coconut because if they sell as tender coconut they will get more.This concept was availiable in each and every farmers mind.an account of this now the cost of the tender coconut price come down for rs 5/-per tender coconut.i want to ask one thing regarding the coconut cultivation .You are propagateing the hybrid coconut for what ?its for coconut or tender coconut? But the conclusion of the coconut cultivation not benefitable for farmeras.

thank you
A Sivakumar

vkv_2

Dear Mr VKV,

The coconut cultivation not benefitable now a days.But you have stated that you are very proud of telling as a coconut farmer.What i told in my posting what you have stated in your replay 'Very Proud' .This is the benefit for all coconut farmers by call as coconut farmer not in finace benefit.and also you have stated the at you got Rs 4/-per nut.i think you are from Pollachi.Allways pollachi coconut will get more price than other places.eventhough if you get Rs 10/- per nut is also waste.what is the price of the single Tea in pollachi >i think Rs 5/-Two cups of tea are equalant to one pollachi coconut.Here the tea vendor is the great.i think you are selling coconut seedlings so that you dnt bother about the price of the coconuts.Now also i am telling the cultivation of coconut is not profitable than other crop.

thank you

a Sivakumar
Dear Sivakumar,

Agriculture is a form of business and is only profitable if you follow the true ethics of a successful business. You are propagating that coconut plantation is a waste even if you sell coconuts at Rs. 10/- . You must be at pains to see coconut farmers with good cultivation practices making money while all your prospects of Plant Tissue Culture Teak and earn ?????? is not viable or sustainable in the long run.Do you have any hardcore evidence of people making money by planting your recommendations. Is the success ratio 1:100 or 1:1000 for that matter.

Yes some farmers do sell their nuts for Rs. 2 to 2.5/-. have you closely looked into their farming practices or the type of soil or water or for that matter how did they select the seedlings for their farm or is their area suited for coconut cultivation. You don't bother to go into detail and in the end ponder over the value that your nuts fetch you.

I live a very comfortable life with the income generated from my coconut farm and have no regrets regarding my choice of agriculture. And for your information i am in this site as an agriculturist for the exchange of knowledge and not to make money with recommendations to others. Also i do not sell coconut seedlings or any other agricultural plants as persisted by you.

So please don't discourage people to dump coconut farming and start tea stalls.

Last edited:

shanmuga06

Coconut cultivation

Dear VKV,
thank you for your response in this site.I hope you are in better position by yield and income of coconut cultivation.This thing expect from other farmers like you.I am not blaming the coconut cultivatin,I am point what drawbacks were faced by the coconut farmers.You know in tanjore and nagapatinam areas what thing s are going in disposal of cocnut during the harvest.the merchant fixing the price for 1100 coconuts but the merchant will pay for thousand coconuts .why these are happening.The coconut is forbiddin things by people.Or its comes from sins of farmers? No not like that thesex are comes from the blood of farmers.

You are touching the tissue culture very good .Its Advance technology,evolution of agriculture .Why you prefer DxT coconut seedlings .That also moder breeding sysytem.the system of breeding and propagation is good and well .But whats out come?You are thinking about yourself only.Mr VkV you are well up farmer but i am intesive agriculturist.I was realted in tissue culture teak plantations past nine years .And a;lso i having the nine years TC Teak plantations farmers with me .if you want any sysmatic and scientific report in this regard i will ready to submit.But no compliants regarding TC teak we have not received so for.But every farmers were in pain about heard the price of DxT seedlings.I think you are well up so you wnt bother about the cost.The coconut research station in Bhavani Sagar selling the DxT coconut seedlings and CoConut development board Mandiaya ,Karnataka also selling Rs 50 to 75/- Then why is prioce hike of Rs 225/-That thing I am asking I think you are not a rexcent coconut farmar.Some three or two generations were involved in this coconut cultivation.So i think you dnt aware of difficulties and drawbacks.The coconut cultivation like cinema hall owner.But thecinema hall owner have some alternate i.e wind up the cinema hall and convert into shopping complex.But the coconut farmer will not do like that.becasue agriculture is the soul of the farmer.So he wnt kill his soul by himself.So you wnt compare with the tissue culture teak plantations and arboriculture.If you want any testmonies and illstruation s regarding TC teak plantations I will show and submit you.Now the coconut farmers in your area and remaing area of tamilnadu do you know what they are doing in their coconut garden/they are doing intercrop cultivation like nutmeg,Gmelina Arborea and arecanut.For what they doing.Due they wnt get good price of their coconuts exceptrt you.So you can also do intercrop cultivation in your coconut garden you will get additional income.

Thank you

A Sivakumar

iiht

For Sale Mango,Guava,Kastard Apple Fruit plants www.nafeesnursery.com 9415532515

India,s No-1 Fruit & Other Plants Supplier 12 Month All Type Plants/Saplings and seeds Available in NAFEES NURSERY [SIZE="5"]www.nafeesnursery.com[/SIZE]

NAFEES NURSERY & EXPORTER IS A CAPITAL OF GUAVA,MANGO,LEMON PLANTS, SAPLINGS IN INDIA a complete solution of Horticulture / Herbal/ Aromatic & Medicinal Plants , Seeds, Biofartlilizar,Campost and Plants Fast Grothpowder under one roof.

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Let you Know about our Firm Name Nafees Nursery Located in Mujasa Malihabad Lucknow U.P (INDIA).

We are Supplier, Exporter and Distributors of Fruits, Ornamental, Herbals, Medicinal, Forestry Plants, seeds and Planting Material, which deals into Horticulture and Floriculture Plants and seeds.

We are having varied varieties of Fruit plants, Green plants, Flower plants Flowering plants, bulbs, Seeds & Garden Grass.

If you have any Quarry about these products then u can directory visit and Visit Our Website www.nafeesnursery.com and you can send feedback to us... And we will revert back to you.

We will not Compromise Quality and Quantity.

We are Including our product catalogue, and photographs in our Website www.nafeesnursery.com

We have all Plants and Seeds very Good Quality & Cheapest and Best Prices.

We feel our pleasure to give you any type of information regarding the call me or Email This

Note> Home Delivery Charges Extra.

Thanks & Best Regards,

NAFEES NURSERY & EXPORTER

MUJASA MALIHABAD LUCKNOW

U.P INDIA

info@nafeesnursery.com,

nafeesnursery_exporter@yahoo.co.in

nafeesnursery_2002@rediffmail.com

Mobile No> +919415532515,+919936420215,+919839886298

List of Available Fruit Plants in Nafees Nursery.

Visit us www.nafeesnurserye.com

MANGO FRUIT PLANTS VARIETY.

All Mango Fruit Plants Height in Fit 2 to 3 fit in Available in poly bag and without Poly bag as your wish.

1.Dushari Plant Grafted

2.Dushari-51Plant Grafted

3.Chausa Plant Grafted

4.Langra Plant Grafted

5.Lucknowa Safaida Plant Grafted

6.Amrpali Plant Grafted

7.Malika Plant Grafted

8. Bombay Green Plant Grafted

9.Tomy Atkins Plant Grafted

10.Mango Seed Less Plant Grafted

GUAVA (Amrud/Peru /Bihi) FRUIT PLANTS VARITY.

All Guava Fruit Plants Height in Fit 2 to 3 Fit in Available in poly bag and without Poly bag as your wish.

1.Guava Allahabadi Plant Grafted

2.Guava L-49 Plant Grafted

3.Guava Barafkhana Plant Grafted

4.Guava One Kg Plant Grafted

5.Guava Lalit Plant Grafted

6.Guava Black Plant Grafted

7.Guava Variegated Plant Grafted

8.Guava Chinese Plant Grafted

9.Guava Evergreen Plant Grafted

All Guava Fruit Plants Height in Fit 2 to 3 Fit in Available in poly bag and

without Poly bag as your wish.

JACK FRUIT (Kathal)PLANTS VARIETY.

All Jack Fruit Plants Height in Fit 2 to 3 Fit in Available in poly bag and without Poly bag as your wish.

1. Jack fruit Plant Grafted

2. Jack fruit Seedling Plant

LITCHI FRUIT PLANTS VARIETY.

All Litchi Fruit Plants Height in Fit 2 to 2.50 Fit in Available in poly bag and without Poly bag as your wish.

1.Litchi Shahi Plant Grafted

2.Litchi Small Plant Grafted

CUSTARD APPLE (Sharifa/Sitaphal) FRUIT PLANTS VARIETY.

All Custard Apple Fruit Plants Height in Fit 1 to 2 Fit in Available in poly bag and without Poly bag as your wish.

1.Custard Apple Plant

2.Custard Apple High Bred Plant

BANANA FRUIT PLANTS VARIETY.

All Banana Fruit Plants Height in Fit 1 Fit (One Fit) in Available in poly bag and without Poly bag as your wish.

1-Banana Plant Tishu Cultur G-9

2-Banana Plant Duaraf Kayodis

JUJUBE (Ber) FRUIT PLANTS VERIETY.

All Jujube Fruit Plants Height in Fit 1.50 to 2.50 Fit Available in without Poly bag

1. Jujube (Ber)Fruit Plant Zafran Grafted

2. Jujube (Ber) Fruit Plant Umran Grafted

3. Jujube (Ber)Fruit Plant Karaka Grafted

POMEGRANATE(Anar) FRUIT PLANTS VARIETY.

All Pomegranate Fruit Plants Height in Fit 2 to 2.50 Fit in Available in poly bag and without Poly bag as your wish.

1-Anar Ganesh Plant

2.Anar Desi Plant

AMLA HERBAL PLANTS VARIETY.

All Amla Herbal Plants Height in Fit 1.50 to 2 Fit in Available in poly bag and without Poly bag as your wish.

1.Amla N-7 Plant Grafted

2.Amla chakaya Plant Grafted

3.Amla Laxmi 52 Plant Grafted

4.Amla N-10 Plant Grafted

KAROUNDA FRUIT PLANTS VARIETY.

All Karounda Fruit Plants Height in Fit 1 to 1.50Fit in Available in poly bag and without Poly bag as your wish.

1.Karounda American(Red & White) Plant

2.Karounda Green Plant

3.Karounda Desi Plant

4.Karounda Hybrid Plant

LEMON (Nimbu/Citrus)PLANTS.

All Lemon Plants Height in Fit 2 to 2.50 Fit in Available in poly

bag and without Poly bag as your wish.

1.Lemon Seedless Plant Grafted

2.Lemon Budded Plant Kagzi

3.Lemon Eureka Plant Seed Ling

CHIKU FRUIT PLANTS VARIETY.

All Chico Fruit Plants Height in Fit 2 to 2.50 Fit in Available in poly bag and without Poly bag as your wish.

1.Chiku Grafted Cricket Ball Plant

2.Chiku Budded Small Ball Plant

TIK(Sagaun)PLANTS VARIETY.

All Tick Plants Height in Fit 2 to 2.50 Fit in Available in poly bag and

1.TickPlant small leave

2.Tick Hybrid Plant Big leave

PAPAYA PLANTS VARIETY

All Papaya Plants Height in Fit 1 to1.50 Fit Available in poly bag.

1.Papaya Taiwan

2.Papaya Red Lady 786

POPULAR PLANTS VARIETY.

All Popular Plants Height in Fit 2 to 6 Fit in Available in poly bag and

1.Popular Plant (24)

2.Popular Hybrid Plant

BAL FRUIT PLANTS VARIETY.

All Bail Plants Height in Fit 2 to 2.50 Fit in Available in poly bag and without Poly bag as your wish.

1.Bail Stone Plant

2.Bail Hybrid Plant

JATRUFA (Bio-Desal /Ratan Jot)PLANTS AND SEEDS.

All Tick Plants Height in Fit 2 to 2.50 Fit in Available in poly bag and

without Poly bag as your

1.Jatrufa Circus Plants or Bio Desal Plant

BAMBOOS (Forestry plants)PLANTS VARIETY.

All Bamboos Plants Height in Fit 2 to 2.50 Fit in Available in Poly Bag.

1.Bamboos Dendrocalamus Calostachyus Plant

2.Bamboos Dendrocalamus Strictus Plant

3.Bamboos Dendrocalamus (Thorny) Plant

GARDAN GRASS (Lose/Maite).

1.Grass Slakshan No.1

2.Grass Nilgri

3.Grass Chineez

4.Grass Korean

HERBAL AND OTHER USE SLIPS,ROOT,PLANTS,GARDAN GRASS ,KATING,AND SEEDS ETC.

1.Palmrosa Seeds

2. Basils

3.Lemon grass ( Krishna ) Slips

4.Citronella (Bio-13)Slips

5.Noorjhan roses (Damishk rose ) Kating

6.Mint (Available in December To January ) Root

7.Hina.(Mehandi) Plant
8.Papaya Plats and fruit

9.Mango Seeds

10.Neem Plant

11.Shesham Plant

12.Kadam Plant

13.Silvarok Plant

14.Goldmohar Plant

15.Papular Plant

16.Rose Plant

These Verities Fruit, Timber, Herbal, Medicinal, Forestry plants & Gardan Grass.

Available in poly bag and without Poly bag as your wish and seeds Available in our Nafees Nursery.

Fruiting years will be Depend on Your State or country climate.

NOTE > ALL TRANSPORTATION CHARGES AFFORD BY PLANTS, SEED RECURRED COMPANY ,FARM.

Thanks & Best Regards

NAFEES NURSERY & EXPORTER

MUJASA MALIHABAD LUCKNOW

U.P INDIA 227111

info@nafeesnursery.com

nafeesnursery_exporter@yahoo.co.in nafeesnursery_2002@rediffmail.com

Mob No>+919415532515,+919936420215,+919839886298

Last edited:

vkv_2

Dear VKV,
thank you for your response in this site.I hope you are in better position by yield and income of coconut cultivation.This thing expect from other farmers like you.I am not blaming the coconut cultivatin,I am point what drawbacks were faced by the coconut farmers.You know in tanjore and nagapatinam areas what thing s are going in disposal of cocnut during the harvest.the merchant fixing the price for 1100 coconuts but the merchant will pay for thousand coconuts .why these are happening.The coconut is forbiddin things by people.Or its comes from sins of farmers? No not like that thesex are comes from the blood of farmers.

You are touching the tissue culture very good .Its Advance technology,evolution of agriculture .Why you prefer DxT coconut seedlings .That also moder breeding sysytem.the system of breeding and propagation is good and well .But whats out come?You are thinking about yourself only.Mr VkV you are well up farmer but i am intesive agriculturist.I was realted in tissue culture teak plantations past nine years .And a;lso i having the nine years TC Teak plantations farmers with me .if you want any sysmatic and scientific report in this regard i will ready to submit.But no compliants regarding TC teak we have not received so for.But every farmers were in pain about heard the price of DxT seedlings.I think you are well up so you wnt bother about the cost.The coconut research station in Bhavani Sagar selling the DxT coconut seedlings and CoConut development board Mandiaya ,Karnataka also selling Rs 50 to 75/- Then why is prioce hike of Rs 225/-That thing I am asking I think you are not a rexcent coconut farmar.Some three or two generations were involved in this coconut cultivation.So i think you dnt aware of difficulties and drawbacks.The coconut cultivation like cinema hall owner.But thecinema hall owner have some alternate i.e wind up the cinema hall and convert into shopping complex.But the coconut farmer will not do like that.becasue agriculture is the soul of the farmer.So he wnt kill his soul by himself.So you wnt compare with the tissue culture teak plantations and arboriculture.If you want any testmonies and illstruation s regarding TC teak plantations I will show and submit you.Now the coconut farmers in your area and remaing area of tamilnadu do you know what they are doing in their coconut garden/they are doing intercrop cultivation like nutmeg,Gmelina Arborea and arecanut.For what they doing.Due they wnt get good price of their coconuts exceptrt you.So you can also do intercrop cultivation in your coconut garden you will get additional income.

Thank you

A Sivakumar
Dear Sivakumar,

Thank you for your advice to go in for intercroppping with coconut. I had analyzed the possibility of intercropping long ago but we have water constraints so I had dropped the plan to intercrop with coconut.

Sivakumar I am not against tissue culture. Any modern technique that is beneficial to the farmer without polluting or degenerating the land is the need for the hour.Indian agriculture can only survive if these cost effective and labor reducing techniques are implemented in the field.

I understand your concern about the long term effects of nonviable coconut plantation . I have seen for my self these plantations. But looking closely most of the farmers do not even bother about the basics of a good plantation. They are of the impression that if you plant the seedlings then the palm will grow on its own and bear nuts. Who is to be blamed for this ?
I am dead sure its not the Palms Fault.

As far as coconut seedlings are concerned you are right that the govt DxT seedlings are very cost effective. But have one thing in mind the cost of private players is way too high because they have the demand for the seedlings and people are willing to pay for them. The govt nurseries are not in a position to supply seedlings to the required quantity of the farmer. They are always is short supply. This is the reason that private players are making a lot of money selling seedlings.

Last edited:

yagneswaran

Coconut Farming!

Dear Sivakumar,

Agriculture is a form of business and is only profitable if you follow the true ethics of a successful business. You are propagating that coconut plantation is a waste even if you sell coconuts at Rs. 10/- . You must be at pains to see coconut farmers with good cultivation practices making money while all your prospects of Plant Tissue Culture Teak and earn ?????? is not viable or sustainable in the long run.Do you have any hardcore evidence of people making money by planting your recommendations. Is the success ratio 1:100 or 1:1000 for that matter.

Yes some farmers do sell their nuts for Rs. 2 to 2.5/-. have you closely looked into their farming practices or the type of soil or water or for that matter how did they select the seedlings for their farm or is their area suited for coconut cultivation. You don't bother to go into detail and in the end ponder over the value that your nuts fetch you.

I live a very comfortable life with the income generated from my coconut farm and have no regrets regarding my choice of agriculture. And for your information i am in this site as an agriculturist for the exchange of knowledge and not to make money with recommendations to others. Also i do not sell coconut seedlings or any other agricultural plants as persisted by you.

So please don't discourage people to dump coconut farming and start tea stalls.
:confused::confused:

Dear Sir,

I am new to farming. I have six acres of cocnut farm in Thenkasi. I get around Rs. 2.75 per nut. We follow general agri practise. We have copius water. Yield is around 8 nuts per tree or 5000 or so from 400 trees every two months. We plant bananas to inprove cococonut yield. I can surely use some advise!

Yagneswaran

shanmuga06

DxT coconut cultivation

sir,

The coconut cultivation is not profitable now a days.But due to some unaviodable reasons the farmers will doing the coconut plantations.This also good i think for keeping the enviroment ,ecology and greenary of the nation.Now i am asking the farmers who are having good soil and sweet water they will succeed in coconut plantations.Some farmers having bad soil and saline water .they also want to do coconut plantations for some other reasons not keeping in their mind that the coconut plantations is not profitable one .for example some farmers explained about their difficulties facing in coconut plantations.the labour problem is the major role and price of the coconuts.But even though we cant forfeit the coconut cultivations.Compare with other crop cultivations the coconut cultivation is somewhat better.Some profitable and experienced farmers will suggest for saline water with bad soil coconut plantations.

For more details plz contact us;

a sivakumar
Priya Nursery Garden
kararikudi-630001
+919843080275
priyagar06@yahoo.co.in

shanmuga06

Poor yield of coconuts

Mr Yagnes,

You have mentioned that you are getting maximum 10 nuts fron one tree.Its patadic one.But you dnt worry.it can be setright and you can get some good yield.For we can apply micro nutritions with us for soil application and also root application.Some 13 types of micro nutritents with us.We will apply for four times per year.But on completion of third year the yield will definitely increase.

For more details plz contact us:

A Sivakumar
Priya Nursery garden
Kararikudi=630001
+919843080275
priyagar06@yahoo.co.in

vkv_2

:confused::confused:

Dear Sir,

I am new to farming. I have six acres of cocnut farm in Thenkasi. I get around Rs. 2.75 per nut. We follow general agri practise. We have copius water. Yield is around 8 nuts per tree or 5000 or so from 400 trees every two months. We plant bananas to inprove cococonut yield. I can surely use some advise!

Yagneswaran
Dear yagneswaran,

Some of the general things that you can do to improve coconut yeald.

1.Add farmyard manure at the rate of 20 kgs per palm.

2.Micro Nutrients play a vital role in the well being of the palm and its nut bearing capacity. Coconut micro nutrients are available with Bannari Amman bio labs and Stanes labs in Coimbatore . Apply the nutrients at least one month after you have applied farm yard manure or any other organic manure.

the reason for applying organic manure beforehand is to help in the absorption of the micro nutrients.

3.inter cropping coconut with banana is a good thing. But have in mind that if you flood the palm with too much of water then the roots are not able to perspire and thus reduce their intake of nutrients.Which in turn may also result in poor yeald.

4. Have your soil and water tested so that you can know what your soil is deficient in and apply the required fertilizers. the knowledge on soil and water pH and also water hardness will also help you to taker a decision on what your palm require.

5. As a practice do not remove all the leaves that drop from the palm instead spread the leaves on the ground and plough the field with 12 disc harrow. This increases the organic matter in the soil and the leaves also contain vital nutrients.

Whatever you do there is no quick solution for the problem. Give the palm at least eight to twelve months before you see promising results.

If you want chemical fertilizer recommendations then :-

Urea : 600gms + DAP : 400gms + MOP 1250gms

can be applied in a single dose or split into two doses. Again adding organic manure helps in the absorption of these fertilizers.