Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

help in dairy farming

Register

Click Here!

praveensunny

Hi i am from Anantapur (Andhra pradesh) 250 km frm banglore
we are interested in dairy farming and i am collecting info about the breeds
i think HF is more profitable but i dont know whether it is suitable for our climatic conditions. please give ur opinion

place: anantapur

Temperature: summer winter
Mean Temperature 31 °C 25 °C
Max Temperature 40 °C 30 °C
min Temperature 22 °C 18 °C
Cooling Degree Days 23
Growing Degree Days 38 (Base 50)

Average Humidity 25

we are having a 5 acres land with water facility and 10 acres rain dependent
how many animals are good for startup
and one more important thing is what will be the cost of the milking machine for twenty cows

srini14

dairy farm project regd

hello,

we are dairy consultants based in hyderabad. we undertake turnkey dairy projects. we can guide you in setting up a good dairy farm in ananthapur.
you can contact us on . we can discuss every thing in detail.

srinivas

Last edited by a moderator:

jaganath

sir
we are from banglore my name is jaganath and we are having a smal diary so plz contact for any need of cows we serve for ur needs

(+91 )jaganath so plz contact me

triad

i think HF is more profitable but i dont know whether it is suitable for our climatic conditions. please give ur opinion

Cooling Degree Days 23

Average Humidity 25

and one more important thing is what will be the cost of the milking machine for twenty cows
hello praveen,

HF is not suitable for our climatic conditions because it has low immune power better you can go for jersey breeds...

parameshwar_h

HF breed can adjust to this climate provided some cooling facility during summer (like mist and fan).
You can start with 30 cows in five acre irrigated area. Looking into the performance of the farm you can increase your herd strength to at least another 40 animals (6-7 acre rainfed land converted into irrigated land). Totally you can have about 70 animals in 2-3 years time.
Intially you can install 2 buckets' milking machine which may cost you about Rs.65000. If you need more inforation you can contact me at

Regards
Parameshwar Hegde
Bangaore

lpmndri123

Cooling Degree Days 23

Average Humidity 25

if you are a beginner attend one week training at NDRI, Bangalore. all doubts raised by you will be cleared. Fee Rs. 500.For details call please..
Please contact....

ravigagana

if you are a beginner attend one week training at NDRI, Bangalore. all doubts raised by you will be cleared. Fee Rs. 500.For details call please..
Please contact....
my name is ravi from banglore, i am planning to start a dairy farm and i am a begineer to this field my request is please provide me some more information about NDRI and about the training programs/contact info which will be very helpful to me
thanking you
Ravi

Trace Mineralised Salt Lick

[Star Lick provide minerals for the individual need of your animal.The productivity of ruminant animals such as cattle, buffaloes and goats is severely constrained by poor mineral nutrition which restrict growth and reproductive rates, and contribute to a high economic loss in flocks and herds. One very effective method that addresses mineral deficiency is mineral block.

Salt, minerals both are indispensable for good health and high productivity. Each animal has an individual salt and mineral requirement, which is dependent on large number of factors: body weight and growth rate, age, pregnancy, lactation phase and milk yield, perspiration and performance. A mineral deficiency manifests itself in a loss of appetite, weight loss, decrease in milk yield, breeding problem, reduced growth and a decline in natural resistance. Some animals even start licking the walls due to decline of good taste.

The normal ration –compound feed and roughage – fulfills the general needs of the animals, whereas mineralised salt licks fulfill the individual need for salts and minerals. Animal licks these blocks as per its body demand.

Dosage and administration

Free Choice

Packaging and presentation
2 kg lick

Shelf Life
2 Years from date of Manufacture

Cotact detail
Star animal Nutrition

rajanaginfo

For all kind of Pigggery and Dairy farming related training pls contact , Dr. Lokesh

Best wishes
Rajan

rajanaginfo

Its perfectly suited for cross breds dairy cattle. When i say cross bred dairy cattle animal should be having a inheritence 50%HF plus 50% Jersy

PM for more info

Regards
Rajan