Goat Vacccination/medicine/de-worm details?

Register

lramkumar

Dear All,

I am from Tamilnadu, India. and I am planning to start a Goat farm and I come across some goat trainings.

Vaccination details for diseases:

Foot and Mouth (Komari) - September/ March
Peste des petits ruminants - PPR (Poli vekkai) - April
Enterotoxaemia- E.T (Tulumari) - June
Tetanus (runajanni) - January/ July

I have some queries on the Vaccination and medicines:

Query1: What are all the other diseases the goat can get? What is the vaccination or Medicine to be given for those disease?

Query2: Is there any natural medicines to be given to goat? if so, what is the medicine and for which diseases?

Query3: Please let me know the vaccination or medicine cost for a goat per year?

Query4: What is the De-worm medicine to be given to goat and kids?

Query5: If you have any chart for vaccination or medicine for diseases in goats, please help me out.

Regards,

Ram

Last edited:

Buy the book "Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Interviews"

smy82482

Dear lramkumar,
Vaccines are different from medicines.Vaccination is done to prevent any contagious disease and it is done to healthy goats not diseased goats,vaccination is prevention.Whereas medicines are used when goats are sick not prior to their sickness.
1.Goats have four major vaccination programme in a year which includes-F.M.D,PPR,ETV and HS.Vaccination of goat kids is on weight and not on months.Vaccinating goats as per month or season is absolutely wrong,an illiterate trainer or doctor(who don't have practical experience of goat rearing) can only advise to vaccinate as per month or season, as per bookish knowledge.In goat farming theoretical(bookish knowledge) and practical knowledge are totally different.
2.Using unnecessary medicines whether it may be natural or unnatural will have an adverse effect on goats.So use medicines only as per symptoms of goats.There is not a single medicine for all symptoms(diseases) in goats.There are different medicines for different diseases which are used only after knowing the symptoms.
3.Vaccination cost is very low say 2rs per goat,whereas medicine cost varies from medicine to medicine.Medicine is given for three consecutive days(as human consumes after falling sick),whereas vaccine is given once in a year.
4.Deworm medicine includes albendazole,tricalbendazole,fenbendazole,lavimasol etc.Use different dewormer every after two months.Avoid deworming pregnant goats or may lead to abortion,fenbendazole is safe in pregnancy but not 100%.
5.For chart of vaccination and medicines used for various disorders visit my websites page-Goat Farm Project Report - My website
regards,
Dr.Shaikh
Phd in Goat Farming.
www.goatfarm.co.in
Osmanabadi Goat
Dear All,

I am from Tamilnadu, India. I am planning to start a Goat farm and I come across some goat trainings..

Vaccination details for diseases:

Foot and Mouth (Komari) - September/ March
Peste des petits ruminants - PPR (Poli vekkai) - April
Enterotoxaemia- E.T (Tulumari) - June
Tetanus (runajanni) - January/ July

I have some queries on the Vaccination and medicines:

Query1: What are all the other diseases the goat can get? What is the vaccination or Medicine to be given for those disease?

Query2: Is there any natural medicines to be given to goat? if so, what is the medicine and for which diseases?

Query3: Please let me know the vaccination or medicine cost for a goat per year?

Query4: What is the De-worm medicine to be given to goat and kids?

Query5: If you have any chart for vaccination or medicine for diseases in goats, please help me out.

Regards,

Ram

Buy the book "Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Interviews"