Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Estimation for Setting Up Dairy Farm

Register

Click Here!

krbommareddy

Dear Friends,
I am Planning to Start a Dairy Farm in My Village that is in Khammam Dist,Andhra Pradesh.I Have 3 acres Land with water facility,and 1/2 acre Land available behind my home for constructing Dairy shed.I Can Market Milk near town to my village.
Here i am giving My Estimation For Setting Up Dairy Farm.
20 Buffaloes 20*35000 = 700000
Shed Construction = 100000
Feed Arrangement(3 acres) = 100000
salary For Workers 2*2500 Pm = 5000
Mis Expenses = 95000
Total Estimation 10,00000 Rs
Estimation Sales 20*10 (Per Day 1 buffalo produce 10 lts) = 200*35(1 liter cost 35 Rs) = 7000 Per Day Income, Monthly Income 7000*30= 2,10,000.
Monthly Expenditure For Feed,and other expenses 100000,
Expected Profit is 110000,

PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR ADVISE,IS MY ESTIMATION IS CORRECT OR NOT.
Thanks in Advance,
krbommareddy.

It wont workout practically .

Now a days You dont get a good buffellow for 35 k .

if you would like to buy a murra buffellow that would cost you around 75 k each

and the labour cost you estimated is 2500 each one but you should pay atleast 5000 rupeess to 6 000 rupees each one.

and the milk capacity may vary based on the seasons.

and you didnt metion the veternary expances .

dr_vivekpatil

Download free, bankable dairy farm project report

Dear Friends,
I am Planning to Start a Dairy Farm in My Village that is in Khammam Dist,Andhra Pradesh.I Have 3 acres Land with water facility,and 1/2 acre Land available behind my home for constructing Dairy shed.I Can Market Milk near town to my village.
Here i am giving My Estimation For Setting Up Dairy Farm.
20 Buffaloes 20*35000 = 700000
Shed Construction = 100000
Feed Arrangement(3 acres) = 100000
salary For Workers 2*2500 Pm = 5000
Mis Expenses = 95000
Total Estimation 10,00000 Rs
Estimation Sales 20*10 (Per Day 1 buffalo produce 10 lts) = 200*35(1 liter cost 35 Rs) = 7000 Per Day Income, Monthly Income 7000*30= 2,10,000.
Monthly Expenditure For Feed,and other expenses 100000,
Expected Profit is 110000,

PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR ADVISE,IS MY ESTIMATION IS CORRECT OR NOT.
Thanks in Advance,
krbommareddy.

Visit Project Reports - Livestock Production Management for Crossbred Cow Dairy Farm Project Reports as per NABARD/Bank guidelines which can be customized (i.e. parameters like sale price of milk, labour costs, bank loan rate etc. can be modified) and downloaded as per your needs.

Instructions for downloading online Project Report:-

1. Visit the site through above-mentioned link.
2. For 2-20 cows, select "Small-scale"
3. For 20-500 cows, select, "Large-scale"
4. Fill in the form clearly. In numeric fields, do not enter additional data like 'Rs' 'lit' '%' 'years' etc.
5. Press TAB to easily shift to the next field.
6. Press 'down arrow' in each field to automatically enter previously submitted information.
7. Click on 'Submit' at the end of the form.
8. Wait till the message 'Please click on view Project Report' appears.
9. Click on 'View Project Report' link at the top of the page.
10. Click on 'Download as PDF' link at the bottom of the Report page to save Project Report.

Please post your comments/suggestions as a reply to this thread in order to facilitate improvements and encourage other entrepreneurs.

Regards,
Dr. Vivek Patil
Asst. Prof. LPM, Veterinary College, Bidar

Site Moderators please note :This is a livestock extension initiative meant to increase awareness about the economic aspects of dairy farming and aid in project planning by dairy entrepreneurs. It does not involve any business activity.

dairyman

Buffalo giving 10 Lits would cost you more. You can scale down the yield per each buffalo to 4 lits. Of the 20 animals you can only assume about 15 will be in milching and the remianing would be dry. so your monthly income would fall accordingly.

as for labour you woul dbe needing two to take of the animals and another one for cutting the foddr and the rate would be minimum 5000 per month.

If you are investing about 10 lakhs, you can expect a net average income of 25000 per month. beyond that is pure luck and may average out in one year. All the best.

kirti s

milk price

Dear sir,
Rs.20/ltr is realistic price it arrived after caluclating cost of production, u can increase by adding value to it like, Flaovouring with different materials(elachi,badam and so on)

Regards

Kirti Naik