Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

emu why???

Register

Click Here!

sony_ppp

Hello
Why every one r behind emu farming??? think many times before getting in to it. know the real market of the emu bird??? don't listen to others about market, u personally en quire about the market. there is no international market, because no one maintain the standards......
And one thing if u r cash surplus get in to it. if u buy 3 month old bird costing around 6000 to 7000 each u have to feed them for 2 1/2 years and then they will produce eggs, in that 20% go on waste, after that during chick time take 10% chicks die, and after that if u want to sell u r chicks and the market is good u will make money...... if there is no market and cant sell u r chicks???? again u have to feed then long and wait for the market. after that calculate u r interest amount on the capital investment on the farm.( land, labour,water, power,transport of birds, fencing, feed,medical and etc....)

We all r seeing so many people trying hard to sell their chicks and many r writing that they want to buy????????? I want to know whether real transaction took place or not????

i had also seen some persons writing that there is no nabard re-finance facility available.

u people just don't go through the web sites.... u personally en quire the bank and the nabard officials for the correct information.

suggestions r welcomed
regards
Sony.

gpreddy

Emu Farming

Hello Dear Sony
While in Emu farming we are serving mankind by reducing heart Problems
and so many health issues .I think there is no such business from which we can
earn money by serving mankind.
We cant express more than this
Regards
G P Re ddy

jm_emu

Selling the meat to Indian retail Market is the only way to move forward.

I wonder why the big boys in AP is not moving in this direction and not popularising the emu meat through Media. There are several ways to do that:

1. Food Safety & Health Mela in each district HQ - where emu meat dishes shall be given free for tasting and emu farmers to talk about the emu farming compared to goat farming.

2. Regional Cooking competition for Housewives, with a prize of 5 soverign gold.

3. Reality Cooking Shows in all major languages in TV, with a major chef.

4. Identify few places in your city, where Emu Meat is available in Sundays regularly with limited quantity. Need advance booking.

This way, you can bring awareness to the common people. When the meat is cooked properly and tasted well, there will be excessive demand than supply, which will essentially put up premium to the meat price. Then you will see people chase behind emu farmers for advance booking for chicks.

Compared to Goat Farming, this is highly profitable, and confined to small places.

Until, the meat consumptions is popularized, delay your entry into this business. It's a worthwhile business, no doubt about that.

busibee

i agree with what jm_emu has said. u popularise the consumption of the meat first, then automatically the emu farming will increase.

skrai

Emu farming

EMU meat has so many health benefit and its oil is miracle in number of health problems.
Definitely in coming days more and more will use EMU oil and food habit will change from mutton/chicken to emu meat

No doubt emu farming will be profitable business in future for small and marginal farmers