Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

EMU farming

Register

Click Here!

skrai

A number of EMU farms have been established in India, its products like emu meat,emu oil,eggs,young birds or feathers etc for cosmetic purpose , Out of these products Which product has highest demand in Market?
Is emu meat is liked by Indian people?
I have heard no body like EMU meat because of its taste and high price (may be upto350/-per kg).
Some of EMU farm are only supplying young birds to new farmer at high price.If these is a fact, these Emu farm will not survive for long.

Last edited:

Ashwini

Hello Sir,

Emu meat is the choice for the health conscious person who wants a low fat and cholesterol diet that still contains red meat.Emu Oil is proven to be an excellent medicine for arthritis. Due to the medicinal value of this oil, many national and international companies are capturing markets like cosmetics and dietary supplements. Emu Meat is low on fat content and is easy to digest unlike other meats. Emu Skin is very soft, smooth, light and non-allergic, which makes it ideal material for a host of applications like feather duster, feather pad, fans, boas, masks, weather-proof apparels, pillows, blazers, sweaters, craft items, etc.

These are the main advantages of Emu. Lot of health concious people are now swtching to emu meat rather than beef or mutton.

The top ten reasons why people choose to eat EMU meat.

* EMU meat is LOW in fat!

* EMU meat is LOW in cholesterol!

* EMU meat is LOW in calories!

* EMU meat is HIGH in Protein!

* EMU meat has the TEXTURE and TASTE of beef, but not the fat!

* EMU meat can be used in any recipe that calls for beef!

* EMU meat is HEALTHFUL and recommended by nutritionists!

* EMU meat is USDA INSPECTED and served at 100's of grocery stores and restaurants!

* EMU meat tastes GOOD!

Regards
Ashwini

skrai

Dear Sir,

Can a farmer who breed 2-3 pair of EMU can make profit from it,since a poor farmer can not afford high cost per pair of EMU.

Ashwini

Hello ,

I dont have a project report as such, but will give a nabard link you may get an idea to prepare one.

NABARD's Model Bankable Projects

I can also give you address of people who are into the actual emu farming in Maharashtra

Mr. Sandip Tawre,
Emu FARM< Malegaon Tal baramati dist PUNE 413115
Phone 02112 254472/254481
mobile 9823499138

2) BHADRESH L MEHTA
KALAPATARU EMU MANAGEMENT & PRODUCTS
EMU FARMERS ASSOCIATION
58/D-III, CHINCHWAD MIDC,
PUNE 411019
FAX: 020 56111857
email: kemppl@rediffmail.com
website: Welcome to Kalpataru emu management and Products...!

Loan from banks with refinance facility from NABARD is available for establishing Emu farm. For obtaining bank loan, the farmer should apply to the nearest branch of a Commercial or Co- operative or Regional Rural Banks in their area in the prescribed forms which is available in the branches of financing banks. The project report should be attached/ enclosed with loan farm. For Emu farming schemes with very large outlays, detailed reports will have to be prepared. The technical officers attached to or the Branch Manager of the bank can help / give guidance to the farmers in preparing the project report to obtain bank loan. A scheme can also be prepared by the beneficiary after consulting local technical
experts or private commercial Emu hatcheries. Consultancy Services of NABARD would also be available for large commercial projects.

Regards
Ashwini

Ashwini

Continued....

PROJECT COST :
One model of 50 pairs Emu have been formulated. The total project cost including fixed cost and recurring cost up to the income generating stage (21 months) has been worked out to Rs. 24.78 lakh.
MARGIN MONEY AND BANK LOAN :
Minimum 15 % of down payment has been considered to be collected from the beneficiaries and maximum 85 % of total financial outlay is considered as bank loan.
TFO : Rs. 24.78 lakh.
Margin Money : 15 %
Bank Loan : 85 %
WORKING CAPITAL :
If required by the farmer, financing bank may asses the same and sanction accordingly. It may require for commercial ventures only. Here in this case we have already capitalized 21 months recurring expenses and so there may not be a need for further W.C.
INTEREST RATE :
The rate of interest shall be decided / fixed by the concerned financing bank to the ultimate beneficiary. In this case for calculation of cash flow and repayment we have assumed an interest rate @ 12% per annum.
SECURITY :
a) Will be as per RBI guidelines issued from time to time.
b) Insurance: Bank may ensure that the borrower takes insurance of assets created out of
a bank loan including insurance of Emu birds.

Regards
Ashwini

jeyraman

Dear All,

I share my experience I had with EMU farmer at a village near Vijaywada,A.P.
he is having 5 pairs of EMU , he sell eggs alone ,he is making 2 lacs profit annually by selling eggs alone.

Regards
Jeyraman

pidikitianil

nabard on emu

Hi every one ,
NABARD has stopped refinance facility from 1st April 2010. is this true? and they themselves said to me not enter the farming citing several reasons. i had stopped processing my project in bank on 29th march 2010.
can any one clarify me on this. but i am very interested in doing the emu farming.

regards
anil.

Hello ,

I dont have a project report as such, but will give a nabard link you may get an idea to prepare one.

NABARD's Model Bankable Projects

I can also give you address of people who are into the actual emu farming in Maharashtra

Mr. Sandip Tawre,
Emu FARM< Malegaon Tal baramati dist PUNE 413115
Phone 02112 254472/254481
mobile 9823499138

2) BHADRESH L MEHTA
KALAPATARU EMU MANAGEMENT & PRODUCTS
EMU FARMERS ASSOCIATION
58/D-III, CHINCHWAD MIDC,
PUNE 411019
FAX: 020 56111857
email: kemppl@rediffmail.com
website: Welcome to Kalpataru emu management and Products...!

Loan from banks with refinance facility from NABARD is available for establishing Emu farm. For obtaining bank loan, the farmer should apply to the nearest branch of a Commercial or Co- operative or Regional Rural Banks in their area in the prescribed forms which is available in the branches of financing banks. The project report should be attached/ enclosed with loan farm. For Emu farming schemes with very large outlays, detailed reports will have to be prepared. The technical officers attached to or the Branch Manager of the bank can help / give guidance to the farmers in preparing the project report to obtain bank loan. A scheme can also be prepared by the beneficiary after consulting local technical
experts or private commercial Emu hatcheries. Consultancy Services of NABARD would also be available for large commercial projects.

Regards
Ashwini

jeyraman

emu,rabbit

I too want to start EMU,Rabbit farm near Nagpur,Maharasta

Jeyraman
please contact..........

Last edited by a moderator:

ssprasad

EMU Farming- NABARD refinanace

Could anyone clarify the actual current status on this aspect of "stoppage of refinance facility by NABARD for EMU farming from APl 1, 2010"? It would help many enthusiastic enterprenuers.
Thanks
SSPrasad

Hi every one ,
NABARD has stopped refinance facility from 1st April 2010. is this true? and they themselves said to me not enter the farming citing several reasons. i had stopped processing my project in bank on 29th march 2010.
can any one clarify me on this. but i am very interested in doing the emu farming.

regards
anil.