duplicate country chickens????????

Register

lucky

Duplicate country chicken ????????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have heard about the duplicate country chicken, is it true ???
it looks like country chicken,but it is not the country chicken.
please tell me how to check and differenciate between this two.
please also give the breed names of this duplicate chicken and the original country chicken.
what is the economics of this two, which is the best investment,and ready marketed, which is in full demand.
please suggest.
and ha ! where can i buy the this chicks in hyderabad.
thanx

Buy the book "Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Interviews"

antony_pratap

Duplicate country chicken?

Well all that i'm aware of is that there is nothing like a duplicate country chicken, but we have chicken called giriraja, vanaraja, which look like country chicken but are actually broiler in nature, they grow upto 2-3.5 kgs per bird. They are big birds.

Country chicken other wise are smaller built which hen will not exceed 1.5-2 kgs and cock bird of 1.5-2.5 kgs, more slender apperance.

We also have Aseel which is local country bird, but its cock birds are more used for fighting, they are tough in apperance and have the meat is also tough.

there is lot of details on them in google. check it out.

Thanks,
Antony

pentelaravi

The breeds giriraja,vanaraja,... are not duplicate country chickens. Those are cross breeds of best performing country chicken cross breeds. If those are not country chickens,we can not grow those out side the shed. I tasted the chicken and tasts good like asseeel. We brought male and female for the price Rs.1200/- and satisfied. The day old birds are does not have mother, so we need grow those birds in shed for one month. After that you can let them out with out giving any food. Try this same with the broiler breed, you will see the difference.