Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Cost of Green House for 10 Guntas

Register

Click Here!

prasanna2141

Dear Friends,

I am interested to install green house in my farm for 10 guntas to cultivate Zerbera & carnation.

I have few queries,

1.What will be the green house total cost for 10 guntas,what will be the subsidy applicable in Karnataka.

2.If subsidy applicable ,what will be the minimum area green house we need to install.

3.Is there any better option other than Zerbera & Carnation.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

bansodeab

Hi,

1. I gunta = approx 1000 sq. mt. The total cost for 10 gunta greenhouse including structure, irrigation system, plantation cost will be approx Rs. 10.00 lacs. National Horticulture Board (NHB) provides subsidy of 20 % for the greenhouses. Please contact your district agriculture department for state level subsidies.

2. Minimum economic area for greenhouse will be 10 gunta. Same is for NHB Subsidy.

3. You need to check with local market for the crops you are planning. Apart from gerbera and carnation, you may go for cultivation of Coloured Capsicum (Yellow, Green or red) or roses in greenhouse.

dipend2

for green house

Sir,
The cost you mentioned as Rs. 10lakhs is for 10 guntas.....or for 1 gunta

Hi,

1. I gunta = approx 1000 sq. mt. The total cost for 10 gunta greenhouse including structure, irrigation system, plantation cost will be approx Rs. 10.00 lacs. National Horticulture Board (NHB) provides subsidy of 20 % for the greenhouses. Please contact your district agriculture department for state level subsidies.

2. Minimum economic area for greenhouse will be 10 gunta. Same is for NHB Subsidy.

3. You need to check with local market for the crops you are planning. Apart from gerbera and carnation, you may go for cultivation of Coloured Capsicum (Yellow, Green or red) or roses in greenhouse.