Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Bank Loan

Register

Click Here!

editorialteam

Mr. Vasudevan, Managing Director, Ennar Business Consultants Says-

Yes, we must negotiate. These loans even though are part of primary sector lending, some banks are slightly skeptical about these due to past records of waivers etc. However, if adequate collateral security is provided and if the soundness of the Project report submitted and the credentials of the entrepreneur are established, Banks will be more than willing to finance. It is in this context, we must negotiate a better rate for our entrepreneur.

Ennar Business Consultants

B6, Suffis Arcade

Press Club Road, Oottukuzhy Jn

Trivandrum – 695011

Ph: 0471 6535354

Mob: 09880567467

Email: info@ennarbiz.com / md@ennarbiz.com

Web: Ennarbiz.com

editorialteam

Mr. Vasudevan, Managing Director, Ennar Business Consultants Says-

This is unfortunate. However, we see that, there is a definite change in attitude when our so called "Uneducated" is supported by professional consultants. This treatment by the banks is again rooted in their level of confidence that they have in our entrepreneur.

Ennar Business Consultants

B6, Suffis Arcade

Press Club Road, Oottukuzhy Jn

Trivandrum – 695011

Ph: 0471 6535354

Mob: 09880567467

Email: info@ennarbiz.com / md@ennarbiz.com

Web: Ennarbiz.com

editorialteam

Mr. Ramana Naidu, Owner, Friends Farm says-

As I said I have not taken a loan. But from my business experience yes the banks are leaches but a necessary evil. Money makes money is so true.

Friends Farm

Madargali Village Kadkola Post, VARUNA TALIK, Mysore District

Mob: 9886658432

Email: ramana.ramananaidu@gmail.com

editorialteam

Mr. Narayana Upadhyaya, Director Says-

I have no idea on this matter. But, I can say, which thorough screening of committed organic farmers, the banks must extend loans as seed money with low interest rate. I am happy to indicate many software professionals ventured into organic farming in the recent past (in and around Bengaluru). They are of the opinion that farming can be as lucrative as software profession. We are giving services and let you know the outcome in a couple of years.

Aditi Organic Certifications Pvt. Ltd

No. 531 / A Priya Chambers, Dr. Rajkumar Road, Rajajinagar 1st Block

Bengaluru-560010

Ph: 80-23373083/23372286

Mob: 9845064286

Email: aditiorganic@gmail.com

Web: Aditi Organic Certifications Pvt.Ltd.

editorialteam

Mr. Narayana Upadhyaya, Director Says-

It is unfortunate. One should realize that

Aditi Organic Certifications Pvt. Ltd

No. 531 / A Priya Chambers, Dr. Rajkumar Road, Rajajinagar 1st Block

Bengaluru-560010

Ph: 80-23373083/23372286

Mob: 9845064286

Email: aditiorganic@gmail.com

Web: Aditi Organic Certifications Pvt.Ltd.

rukmini

Yes it is true to get loan from the bank and treatment also very sorrowful from bankers if you are un- known to them. It is pity thing my side as I am a Agriculture Graduate and trained Agriclinics and Agribussiness programme , which is funding by NABARD -Scheme to un-employed agriculture graduates to setting up private Agri services to the farmers. I am unable to get the minimum amount also to my own small extent of 4 Acres land, even crop loan also not availed by the bankers. If any consultant is there helping in this regard to get sanction the bank loan and subsidy, Please inform to email: bhaskarponnathota@gmail.com

editorialteam

Mr. Sudharsan, Yoogakshema Orchards and Farms says-

I never look at bank for any support for agri purpose because they offer only lip service. Unless you know them closely nothing materializes or otherwise you must be an influential person.

Mr. Sudharsan

Yoogakshema Orchards and Farms

24/20 Thiruvengadam Street, West Mambalam,

Chennai 600 033

Mob: (984) 006-0693

Email: vksudarsh@vsnl.com / veekays3532@gmail.com

editorialteam

Adarsh Bio Organics Pvt. Ltd says-

There should be uniform policy on agri loans; micro-financing organizations such as rural banks, Self Help Groups (SHGs) should be promoted in a big way. More than that we have to shift our farming system from heavy Input based system to self sufficient (zero or minimum input system), then only our farmers will become prosperous.

Adarsh Bio Organics Pvt. Ltd.
Khasra No. 576/2, Dera Village, New Delhi- 110074 Godown: A 338, Sector- 55, Sushant Lok- 2, Gurgaon
Organic Farm: Village Dhola, Sohna, Gurgaon (Haryana)
Ph: 011-26652052/ 53
Mobile: 9810165575
Email – adasingh@yahoo.co.in, fresh@adarshbio.com

Last edited:

editorialteam

Adarsh Bio Organics Pvt. Ltd says-

Bank does not generally give loan to person who needs it but it gives to the person who can pay back. Agriculture is not a noble professional anymore. Who wants to become farmer? It’s a thankless job. This has to be changed else we soon will be importing our food, in fact we already are importing big quantities of edible oil, pulses etc.

Adarsh Bio Organics Pvt. Ltd.
Khasra No. 576/2, Dera Village, New Delhi- 110074 Godown: A 338, Sector- 55, Sushant Lok- 2, Gurgaon
Organic Farm: Village Dhola, Sohna, Gurgaon (Haryana)
Ph: 011-26652052/ 53
Mobile: 9810165575
Email – adasingh@yahoo.co.in, fresh@adarshbio.com

editorialteam

Mr. Anil Wanarse Patil, Directo, Sprout Naturals India says-

We can’t say much in this as they have their business models and methods.

Sprout Naturals India

Sr.No. 81/1B, Chaitraban Society. New Sanghvi, Pune – 411027, India.

Mobile - 9343807082/ 9673261010

Email - sproutnaturals@gmail.com

Website - Sprout India: Homepage

Last edited:

editorialteam

Mr. Anil Wanarse Patil, Directo, Sprout Naturals India says-

I am not agreeing with the statement what you made here.

See it’s not business man or farmer issue, bank are there to do their business and they will see the financial viability of person in giving loans. Most of the time I have seen farmer do not follow methods in approaching financial institution in terms of documents and other part. We have consultants and experts available where Indian people are not using it and try to do it on their own and getting mess in hand.

Farmers should learn to use consultants and experts while approach and who will guide them in right path. This is exactly same business people are doing and hence getting work done faster. Now this is one side of the thinking. There are many loopholes in the financial institution if we see in terms of farmers which better to not to speak.

Sprout Naturals India

Sr.No. 81/1B, Chaitraban Society. New Sanghvi, Pune – 411027, India.

Mobile - 9343807082/ 9673261010

Email - sproutnaturals@gmail.com

Website - Sprout India: Homepage

Last edited:

editorialteam

Dr. Ashoka, Manager, Agronomy Dept, Natural Remedies says-

Yes. I agree. Individual farmer is not having the power to negotiate. Let farmers establish the producer group and they will get more financial help from National Medicinal Plant Board, NABARD etc.

Natural Remedies

Plot No. 5B, Veerasandra Industrial Area, 19th K.M. Stone, Hosur Road, Electronic City (Post), Bangalore - 560 100, Karnataka, India.

Mob: 9902111441

Email: ashok.k@naturalremedy.com

Web: Herbal Extracts Supplier, Animal | Human Health Care Products, Standardized Herbal Extracts, Plant Extracts Supplements, Food and Beverage Ingredients, Bacomind, Poultry Feed Supplements Company Bangalore, India

editorialteam

Dr. Ashoka, Manager, Agronomy Dept, Natural Remedies says-

Not all the bankers. There may be exception.

Natural Remedies

Plot No. 5B, Veerasandra Industrial Area, 19th K.M. Stone, Hosur Road, Electronic City (Post), Bangalore - 560 100, Karnataka, India.

Mob: 9902111441

Email: ashok.k@naturalremedy.com

Web: Herbal Extracts Supplier, Animal | Human Health Care Products, Standardized Herbal Extracts, Plant Extracts Supplements, Food and Beverage Ingredients, Bacomind, Poultry Feed Supplements Company Bangalore, India

shanmuga06

Mr. Balasubramaniam, Proprietor, Sai Raghav Farms says-

I have not taken any farming loan but it is very difficult to manage your operational expenses if you don’t have sufficient backup or you need to generate some funds from your farm until you achieve your break even.

There is no clarity on the interest rate charges by banks to farm and agri loans. - Yes, you are right and it differs in each bank. We should have proper planning and be able to present it to the banker which will assure the bank that you will not default. Also the way you approach makes a huge difference in getting the better interest rates.

This is true even educated famers are sometimes treated badly. But we do have bankers who are very cooperative and helpful. But agriculture is always second to any other business which is true and we need to change that. We need to prove them wrong by not failing in our repayments and we need to get knowledge about the schemes available for farmers. Farming community should be more united and start sharing knowledge which is lacking today.

Sai Raghav Farms
Dodaballapur, Karnataka
Mob: 8722234777
Email: sairaghavfarms@gmail.com

In India the bank sector not considering the agriculture as a profession.So that the banks are not giving any regards to farmers and agriculture.But everything will be achieved through bank like jewel loan,tractor loan subject to special ordinance by the finance ministry.

Regards,
A SIVAKUMAR,