First Agro is hiring an Assistant Grower for its Greenhouse farms in Talkad, near Mysore.
First Agro Tech Produce (P) Ltd is India’s premier Commercial Greenhouse grower organization using hydroponics technology. We strive to be the leading producer of fresh produce, delivering nutritious and clean vegetables and fruits. We are also the first producer of zero toxins and pesticide free produce in India, confirming to pesticides residual standards of CODEX, World Health organization (WHO).
Combining traditional farming values, contemporary technology and an undying spirit, we are creating a new wave of growing fresh produce in India. Applying the best global horticultural practices, we’ve eliminated harmful toxins & pesticides, ensuring fresh, clean & nutritious produce for your family.
We are setting up clusters of greenhouses across 15 cities in India and have plans to implement 500 acres in next four to five years. All our greenhouses are climate controlled and use technology to manage and monitor irrigation, plant nutrients, ensuring our plants have an ideal, stress-free growing environment.
First Agro plans to revolutionize greenhouse production with the use of modern techniques, clean and ethical farming practices and innovation to produce fresh fruits and vegetables of the best possible quality, 365 days in controlled conditions for constant availability and consistency in quality and for never having to hear the words “out of season”. Please visit First agro
First Agro is hiring an experienced Assistant Grower for our Greenhouse operations in Talkad, near Mysore. This is an ideal opportunity to further develop your grower skills and enhance your experience in hydroponics environment while learning from experienced growers. This position has potential for advancement into a Grower position in three to five years as First Agro is planning 500 acres of hydroponics based greenhouse all over India in next 3 to 5 years.
You will learn and become responsible for planning, seeding, hydroponics fertigation management, Integrated Pest Management (IPM), inventory control, harvest supervision, communicating with our sales teams and complete record keeping for yield and gross profit data for the assigned greenhouses.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Planning and coordinating the production of vegetables such as Colour capsicum, English Cucumber, Cherry Tomato and others, from seed propagation preparation to harvest in hydroponics environment
- Selecting and propagating seedlings and bulbs, and grafting new varieties to root stocks
- Maintaining crop production by cultivating, de-budding and pruning, and maintaining optimal growing conditions in assigned greenhouses
- Organising and conducting farming operations, such as collecting, storing, grading and packaging produce for the assigned greenhouse
- Directing and overseeing general farming activities such as fertigation, Residual management for zero pesticides usage using IPM
- Maintaining assigned greenhouse structures, fertigation equipment and water supply systems
- Maintaining and evaluating records of farming activities and planning crop preparation and production to meet contract requirements and market demand as per Good Agriculture Practice (GAP)
- Select, train and supervise skilled and unskilled farm workers for the assigned greenhouses
Qualification and Experience
Minimum of five years of hands-on experience in a medium to large size vegetable or fruits or flower farm/greenhouse. Preference will be given for candidates with experience in hydroponics environment with formal Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or allied field for a reputed University in India or abroad.
Work location is Talkad, about 38 Kms. from Mysore city in India. First Agro will provide bachelor basic accommodation on the farm for the right candidate.
We strive to offer a workplace that is fresh, vibrant and healthy, similar to the products we offer. If you're highly motivated, energetic and enjoy working in a hands-on environment, you just might be perfect for our team. Please forward your CV, Attention Chief Production Leader, First Agro