Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Goat Farm Solutions

Register

Click Here!

mohanrd

Goat Farming Problems

I have some local goats and farming from last one year,but i face lots of problems such as early pregnancy in female and increased death rate in kids,does i m following any wrong procedure.

I have some local goats and farming from last one year,but i face lots of problems such as early pregnancy in female and increased death rate in kids,does i m following any wrong procedure.

Hello MohanRd,

This thread has good of information on how to raise goat in profitable manner, including fodder cultivation, disease prevention etc. I recommend you to read through it once if you have not done so yet. In case if you have read it already, please provide more information regarding your practices and what kind of problems you are experiencing etc. It will be easier for experts to help you out when you give more information and also for new people to learn.

Typically mortality rate increases due to climate changes, improper feeding of pregnant goats and disease prevention.

Climate changes:
* Goats usually find it hard in rainy season. We need to cover the shed properly to prevent them from the influence of cold winds, especially in early mornings.

Proper feeding:
* Don't forget to include proper concentrated feed, especially for pregnant goats.

Also, since you are new, it will be advisable to keep a veterinary doctor for some few initial goat delivers and to learn some best practices. The information I have provided here may not be sufficient, but pls provide more details so that people here can help.

Good luck.

smy82482

goat farming

Dear mohanrd,
Early pregnancy in goats(ABORTION) merely depends on stress on goats,this stress may be due to inadequate mineral rich diet,inadequate concentrated feed,lesser amount of calcium supplied to goats when they requires it on larger quantity for proper development of embryo(kids). Even though if kids are born,they are weaker as they have not developed themselves in embryo due to inadequate calcium,mineral and protein content diet supplied to their mothers.As a result you will get higher mortality9death rate) in kids.
Deworming of goats with albendazole,tricalbendazole or lavimasole also leads to abortion in goats.
Providing goats with enough fodder which they likes more to eat(different types of green fodders,along with plants and shrubs) will provide them essential amount of Protein,minerals and calcium,which will help further to grow their fetus(kid in stomach).Providing goats with one or two types of feeds in a day will lead to problems that you are facing.
sporadic_extrovert has also provided essential tips of vaccination which should be followed,before pregnancy.
Regards,
Dr.Shaikh
www.goatfarm.co.in

mohanrd

goat farm help

Thank you Dr.Shaikh ,your suggestions are very valuable to me.Has great knowledge of goat farming which will help new peoples like me.Your tips really works for me a lot.