Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Success Story of Farmers

Register

Click Here!

mvsriocl

Hello frendz

Most of us are employess working on different streams in differnt companys ranging from small to MNCs getting pays from 5k to 500k per month;

In fact we are all here because of one common interest,nothing but agriculture;

Most of us are fresh and confused about starting, expecting neither money nor physical support; But expecting high motivation & moral boost up from others;

It would be highly helpful to all memebers if any body can post " Success Stories of the farmers" they have come across/learnt from others;

I hereby request even moderators of this site to Publish "High Motovational Stories of the farmers of India", which influences the minds of lot of young professional farmers;
I would like see India by 2020 having More number Professional farmers than the no. of Traditional farmer as on Today.

Thanks & Regards
MV SubbaReddy
Upcoming Professional Farmer

atulkalaskar

Twenty years back no body believed India would be a super power in IT, Let me say it loud here "20 years from now, India will be the super market to the world"

totalview

Modern and Scientific Agriculture is future of India

I fully agree with Atul. People will hardly believe today but it is a fact that India will be in leadership position 20 years' hereinafter. Reasons are not far many to seek - educated, scientific temperament and young generation, second largest populous country in the world and its' needs, etc.etc.

Rajesh Agrawal

vishwakarma

Hello frendz

Most of us are employess working on different streams in differnt companys ranging from small to MNCs getting pays from 5k to 500k per month;

Most of us are fresh and confused about starting, expecting neither money nor physical support; But expecting high motivation & moral boost up from others;

It would be highly helpful to all memebers if any body can post " Success Stories of the farmers" they have come across/learnt from others;

I hereby request even moderators of this site to Publish "High Motovational Stories of the farmers of India", which influences the minds of lot of young professional farmers;
I would like see India by 2020 having More number Professional farmers than the no. of Traditional farmer as on Today.

Thanks & Regards
MV SubbaReddy
Hello,

This is good opportunity for the people who are in process of taking decision about weather to start "Organic Farming" or "Man made Chemical based Farming".

If you want to have first hand information / practical example / proof from the organic farmers who are actually practicing "Organic Farming" and producing organic farm products and marketing them to the buyers directly and making profits.

One can also interact with the buyers of the organic farm products and know why they are buying the organic farm products at higher price, being sold in the exhibition.

One can see that buyers are really getting interested in the "organic Farm Products" being produced without using any man made chemical pesticide.

If you look at the response (both quantity of purchase and the Price) the Organic Farm Producers received from the consumers, in the exhibition called "Bhimthadi Jatra" arranged by Raintree Tourism Pvt. Ltd., in Pune city from 21 Oct 2010 till 24 Oct 2010, everybody will be encouraged / will get motivated to take up the organic farming on commercial scale.

If you are in Pune, please take time out and visit the exhibition (open till 10 PM in night) and can interact directly with Organic Framers who had put up the stalls in the exhibition, to sale the organic farm produce from their organic farm.

One can also interact with Maharashtra Govt officials and also with the MOFF (Maharashtra Organic Farming Federation) who can tell the State Govt support for organic farming and officials from banks, who can tell about the loan, who had put up their stalls in the exhibition.

On MOFF (Maharashtra Organic Farming Federation) stall, one can interact with many organic farmers, who have really achieved the success in proving that Organic Farming is viable both technically and commercially, without using single drop of man made chemical.

MOFF officials and its member farmers are very very co-operative and ready to help anybody, who wants to take up and succeed in organic farming.

The location of exhibition is on ground near RTO / 200 mts from Le-Meridian hotel, behind Pune main Railway Station.

Govt of Maharashtra is actively supporting all the organic farmers in all the activities right from providing guidance, getting certification, marketing of the organic farm products in India and outside India, through conducting / sponsoring the exhibitions like "Bhimthadi Jatra"

One of the member of MOFF, the Organic Grape Farmer, Mr. Siddiki, At. Po. Ausa, Dist Latur, was the only farmers, whose grapes (two containers) passed the test (pesticide residual test) by the buyer in Europe.

The buyer was so surprised by the result that they tested the grapes produced / supplied by Mr. Siddiki again, but could not find any trace of any harmful chemicals.

The grapes exported by the other farmers, who used man made chemical pesticide were rejected, please have look at the following information.

Farmers of Maharashtra who export grapes are worried.

The European Union rejected their table grape consignments in mid-April as they were found containing traces of chlormequat chloride, a plant growth regulator.

The export of table grapes (these are consumed directly unlike grapes that go into wine making) was halted immediately.

The farmers are facing losses of about Rs 300 crore, media reported.

“My son-in-law had exported two containers (30 tonnes) of table grapes worth Rs 20 lakh. The thekedar (export agent) informed him the entire produce has been rejected and no payment would be made,” said Tukaram Nirgude Patil, a vineyard owner in Nashik.

This is not the first time Indian produce has been rejected. In 2003, the European Commission issued 17 rapid alert notifications saying high levels of pesticide residues were found in Indian grapes.

I hope this is good example for any new comers, entering in to the commercial farming sector and decide which farm practices to follow and why to go for "Organic Farming"

Regards

MRC

Last edited:

vishwakarma

Mr. Dadasaheb Shembekar

Hello frendz

Thanks & Regards
MV SubbaReddy
Hello,

One of the most notable success story of farmer (1900 to 1955) Mr. Dadasaheb Shembekar.

Regards

MRC

======================

Some more information about

Mr. Dadasaheb Shembekar.

One of the most successful farmer in India, in the beginning of the 20th century.

He is one of the many forgotten a successful farmers, towards whom every farmer should look upon as role model and learn from what they did.

He succeed in doing not just technically successful farming but the economically successful farming also.

He did farming in more than 1000 acre, from 1900 to 1955, by successfully managing the manpower (the farm workers), not by exploiting them.

And the greatness, of this person was not in where he reached, but from where he started (from which state he has started) and how he has reached to the point where he has reached, and what he did after reaching there.

You will not believe, he started his farming life at the age of 12 and at that time the condition of his family was so bad that there was not even sufficient food available to eat two times a day.

In 1949, he donated Rs. 1,00,000=00 to the Pune University, for purpose of doing research, on improving the process of Jaggery manufacturing.

Similarly he donated to many others.

All this wealth he generated by practicing agriculture

He was the first person to introduce Grape cultivation in Maharashtra

He introduced several new varieties of Sugar Cane in Maharashtra.

This was all achieved by practicing totally Organic Framing.

==========================

Last edited:

deepakmenon82

Contact details

Dear sir(vishwakarma),

thank you for a wonderful write up about Dadasaheb Shembekar it was really nice. hope members in this site will come up with such encouraging write up.

Thank You once again

Regards
Deepak

Last edited by a moderator:

mvsriocl

Hello Mr.Viswakarma Ji,

Your posting is really fantastic,thoughtfull and Inspirational; I hope this will definetly encourage people, who are willing to start Organic Farming;

Regards
MV SubbaReddy

atulkalaskar

Let us not change the focus of the blog. It is for success stories of the farmers. Inorganic or otherwise.

I would also like to say that just stories will just inspire but details will ensure the participation.

Hope we get some good and reliable materials which one can visit and learn from.

shivamohan2002

Agri - the back bone of any country

Dear all,
Doing agriculture is not for mere interest and time pass. It is what required
to india now. Among the basic needs FOOD,CLOTH and SHELTER food stands first. A country to be power full must be contended and self sufficient in all these three needs. Shelter is mere space, and almost no country is serious about it. But, Food and cloth are derived only from agriculture. Wood and wooden materials for shelter also rely on agri.

We cannot afford to import food and cloth from abroad for ever. We can earn
US dolors and euros but can we make food out of that..? If foreign countris
imposes sanctions or ban food import what would be our possition? S., starvation and death is the result(Despite 500k salary from s/w company...)

So, make the country to be rich in agriculture, and it ultimately meet those two fundamental needs. THIS WILL ALONE CAN PAVE THE WAY FOR CONQUERING ENEMIES AND OTHER COUNTRIES WILL DEVELOP FEAR ABOUT US AND WILL NOT DISTURB US IN FUTURE.

Every one invariably should try to meet his/her own food and cloth/shelter needs by doing/involving in agri related activities. Earning 500k or 50k and
dumping in bank, buying home, luxury car or house sites in heart of the city
will not do anything except so cited starvation.

I started and am doing...

what about thee people....?

Regards,
M.Sivanathan,
please contact..

mvsriocl

Dear Mr.Siva Kumar,

what you said is all right and everybody knows even about all these facts;
To the point, howmany people (hardly 2-5%) think about countrys starvation, majority of the people want to shift to to agri.. either to earn profits or to releave from the stress exhorted by their employeer or to live independently; ofcourse there are some people who are passioante about agricluture. undoubtedly individuals developeemnt leads to countrys growth;

I would like to thank you for thinking about our country; its really a great thing; I like people like you because I too of similar nature;

You have not mentioned what is your basic profession and why are you shifting to agri..what type of agri activity you have started.

Thanks & Regards
MV SubbaReddy

deepakmenon82

Contact details

Dear Sir(MV SubbaReddy),

Well Said sir,hope you will come up with more information .

Regards
Deepak

trsh1970

Gd afternoon gentlemen,
all i see is a host of sentiments and some vested opuinions....nothing concrete vis-a-vis "where do i begin???"
what is the support ecosystem???
NO ONE EVER works with out some economic benefit,,,be the west or the east....so NO HARM if that is the intent....
some concrete first steps would be deply appreciated...
TR

vishwakarma

Let us not change the focus of the blog. It is for success stories of the farmers. Inorganic or otherwise.

I would also like to say that just stories will just inspire but details will ensure the participation.

Hope we get some good and reliable materials which one can visit and learn from.
Hello,

If one has to success in Farming (both technically and commercially), following the

Organic Farming practices

is the only viable route for the marginal land holding farmers.

This is getting proved practically.

Regards.

MRC

Last edited:

atulkalaskar

Hi TR,

I can understand the frustration. It is easy to just put down some miraculous claims not backed by any scientific data and trying to lure naive entrepreneurial talent into wasting their money.

I did put in over 3 years of quality time researching and studying Hydroponics and I have realized that unless agriculture becomes as predictable as manufacturing business no one will seriously invest in it.

Agriculture yield is affected by 13 different factors and yield alone determines the profits one can earn. Thus hydroponics seems like only methodology that gives fair amount of control over these 13 factors thus increasing the yield probability.

It would be my suggestion to all those who want to get involved in agriculture then they should seriously consider Hydroponics. Of course you will find many ignorant or vested interests who would advise you against it but I would say "Go on, study it, understand it and then compare it. Make a business plan and then execute it."

Total no agro kind of person like me could do it then anyone can. Take a look at the video link below and the you will know what I mean.
YouTube - straw berrry in poly house 7/12

I have seen some folks (actually idiots) just complaining about how hydroponics is not suitable for India. In fact if there is one thing that will be really helpful to Indian farmers it will be hydroponics. Hydroponics has very many ways and can be adapted to suit almost all cultivations but you need to be resourceful, innovative and must have genuine interest and knowledge.

Good Luck.

mvsriocl

hello Mr. Atulkalaskar,

Hydrophonics looks nice concept, innovative ideas take some time to click but it is always qualified for appreciations;

Please eleborate the concept;

Regards
MVSubbaReddy

atulkalaskar

Hi,

It's a common knowledge that plants grow best in idea environment and their yield under those circumstances is most optimum in quantity and quality. It is also a common knowledge that such conditions rarely come together.

Hydroponics basically is a way to use appropriate technology to supplement natural conditions to make them optimum so plant can give it's best yield.

Take a look at this publication by NASA way back in 2004 and you will get the basic idea.
NASA - Farming for the Future

Of course there are many who will say hydroponics is very expensive. Yes, if you adopt the ready made systems made for western world then naturally they will be expensive. Instead you need to develop your own ideas into finer products which will do the job equally well.

when I designed my hanging Strawberry system, I did not get an engineering team to work for me. Mr. Thorat, who successfully cultivated ginger did not invest in multi crore project. Bottomline is, be smart and you will make hydroponics work for you.

At the end, internet is your best resource. You will find tons of information. Of course you will have to take what suits you and just in case you are not sure, talk to growers like us.

:)

Regards

Atul

vishwakarma

Gd afternoon gentlemen,
all i see is a host of sentiments and some vested opuinions....nothing concrete vis-a-vis "where do i begin???"
what is the support ecosystem???
NO ONE EVER works with out some economic benefit,,,be the west or the east....so NO HARM if that is the intent....
some concrete first steps would be deply appreciated...
TR
Hello,

Regarding your comment,

"where do i begin???"

The best option is decide the budget and find out the successful farmer, both technically and economically, in your area and get his practical guidance in planning, implementing and managing your farming project.

If you want to succeed 100% (both technically and commercially), you can follow the

Organic Farming Practices

developed over the period of past thousands of years.

There are many farmers all over India and outside India who are successfully (both technically and commercially) doing the Organic Farming.

One of the major attraction why one should do the "Organic Farming" is that, the farm produce consumers all over the world are becoming aware of the,

harmful effects of the pesticide residues, present in the non organic farm products, on the health of the person consuming them.

Govt all over the world are putting stringent conditions on the farm products being imported from India in to their country.

So in case if you plan to undertake a framing project and target the export market, please take a look at the following information;

Farmers of Maharashtra who export grapes are worried.

The European Union rejected their table grape consignments in mid-April as they were found containing traces of chlormequat chloride, a plant growth regulator.

The export of table grapes (these are consumed directly unlike grapes that go into wine making) was halted immediately.

The farmers are facing losses of about Rs 300 crore, media reported.

“My son-in-law had exported two containers (30 tonnes) of table grapes worth Rs 20 lakh. The thekedar (export agent) informed him the entire produce has been rejected and no payment would be made,” said Tukaram Nirgude Patil, a vineyard owner in Nashik.

This is not the first time Indian produce has been rejected. In 2003, the European Commission issued 17 rapid alert notifications saying high levels of pesticide residues were found in Indian grapes.

One of the Organic Grape Farmer, Mr. Siddiki, At. Po. Ausa, Dist Latur, was the only farmers, whose grapes (two containers) passed the test (pesticide residual test) by the buyer in Europe.

The buyer was so surprised by the result that they repeated the test on the Grapes produced / supplied by Mr. Siddiki, but could not find any trace of any harmful chemicals in the Grapes.

The grapes exported by the all other farmers, who used man made chemical pesticide were rejected.

I hope this is good example for any new comers, entering in to the commercial farming sector and decide which farm practices to follow and why to go for

"Organic Farming"

And it is not only the buyers in Europe who are opting for the organic farm products, but buyers in India is also demanding the organic farm product and is ready to pay more for the same.

If you want to have proof about the demand for the "Organic Farm Products",

we will be publishing on the net, the details about the sales of organic farm products, from our "Only Organic" store, that we are starting in Pune, specifically for the farmers who had taken part in the organic farmer's exhibition held in Pune.

Thanking you
With Regards

MRC

Last edited:

atulkalaskar

One of the Organic Grape Farmer, Mr. Siddiki, At. Po. Ausa, Dist Latur, was the only farmers, whose grapes (two containers) passed the test (pesticide residual test) by the buyer in Europe.

Since when Organic certified food required testing for pesticide Residue? This either means those who claim to do Organic farming secretly use pesticide or for some reason people don't label their product "Organic" and are subjected to the tests.

Further statement like all other grapes were rejected because man made chemicals were used is not entirely correct. They were rejected because they used the wrong product which unfortunately was suggested by export authority. Poor farmers were not at fault. Grape growers have been using correct chemicals for many years and their shipments were never rejected except this time when wrong one was used.

Basically These are fear monger tactics used to mislead / confuse the readers. Organic is not a "one that can solve all the problems" scenario which MRC's of the world foolishly wants us to believe.

vishwakarma

Since when Organic certified food required testing for pesticide Residue? This either means those who claim to do Organic farming secretly use pesticide or for some reason people don't label their product "Organic" and are subjected to the tests.

Further statement like all other grapes were rejected because man made chemicals were used is not entirely correct. They were rejected because they used the wrong pesticide which unfortunately was suggested by export authority. Poor farmers were not at fault. Grape growers have been using correct pesticides for many years and their shipments were never rejected except this time when wrong one was used.

Basically These are fear monger tactics used to mislead / confuse the readers. Organic is not a "one that can solve all the problems" scenario which MRC's of the world foolishly wants us to believe.
Hello,

Thanks for posting the response.

Regarding your comment,

Since when Organic certified food required testing for pesticide Residue?

Just by labeling the farm product as "Organic", farmer can not avoid getting subjected to pesticide residue test.

Authorities can always cross check the product labeled as "Organic", by subjecting it to the pesticide residue test.

That is exactly what we wanted to point out that,

the farmers whose Grapes were rejected, were not Organic Farmers, and did not follow the Organic Farming Practices

Regarding your comment,

"This either means those who claim to do Organic farming secretly use pesticide ."

The organic farmers do not need to use any pesticide

Regarding your comment,

for some reason people don't label their product "Organic" and are subjected to the tests

Just by labeling the farm product as "Organic", farmer can not avoid getting subjected to pesticide residue test.

Authorities can always cross check the product labeled as "Organic", by subjecting it to the pesticide residue test.

Regarding your comment,

Further statement like all other grapes were rejected because man made chemicals were used is not entirely correct.

When one can grow the Grapes without using / purchasing any man made chemical pesticides, by following

"Organic Farming Practices"

what is the necessity of using the man made chemical pesticides?

Regarding your comment;

They were rejected because they used the wrong pesticide which unfortunately was suggested by export authority.

That is exactly we want to say.

India is dumping ground for all sorts of wrong pesticides.

All facts about the same are well documented.

In India who suggests which pesticides and what motivates the act of suggesting the specific pesticide, and what they get for suggesting the use of specific pesticide, is not a hidden secret.

Regarding your comment

Poor farmers were not at fault.

Only their fault was they did not believe that,

farmer can grow Grapes and make make profits, without using any man made chemical pesticides by following the

Regarding your comment,

Grape growers have been using correct pesticides for many years and their shipments were never rejected except this time when wrong one was used.

This time shipment was rejected after reaching the buyers place.

It is open fact that the buyers Europe do not prefer to pace orders in first place, with exporters from India, because the farm product producers in India, supply the farm product having unacceptable level of pesticides banned all over the world.

Regarding your comment,

"Grape growers have been using correct chemicals for many years and their shipments were never rejected except this time when wrong one was used."

So there is every possibility that this (using wrong pesticide) will repeat.

The only way to avoid the repeat of above costly mistake is by following

Regarding your comment

Basically These are fear monger tactics used to mislead / confuse the readers.

Let the reader decide.

People are quite intelligent and there is no need to misled / confuse the readers about the advantages of following;

Readers can cross check the advantages of following the "Organic Farming Practices", by visiting the farms of the organic farmers.

Regarding your comment,

Organic is not a "one that can solve all the problems" scenario which MRC's of the world foolishly wants us to believe.

I am not telling readers to blindly believe what I am telling.

I am telling readers to visit the organic farms of the Organic Farmers, meet personally and discuss with the Organic farmer the advantages of following the

and see with their own eyes the result, both technical and financial.

Thanking you
With regards

MRC

Last edited: