I plan to start a dairy farm on my 3acre agricultural land in Rajkot district. I would like to know some details.
1.which animal is better economically, Cows or Buffalows.
2. How much would a good breed Cow and Buffalow cost in gujarat.
3. Where can i market my fluid milk for best return. Will be feasible to sell to the govt or will it be better else where.
4. Where can i buy milking machines and Animals from, closest to Rajkot.
5. If i wish to have 20animals how many acres of land will be sufficient for animals and fodder.
6. I wish to utilise the remaining land not used for dairy farm and hence would like a suggestion what would be profitable to grow( Alovera plant or silk worm farming or mushroom farming etc.)
Kindly help me out with these queries.
Last edited by mitesh; June 12th, 2010 at 09:48 PM.
YOu can integrate both cows and buffaloes. Initially i suggest please visit a nearby local dairy farm to get complete practical information. Good breeds like HF and jersey will cost you between 35000 to 40000Rs. Set up a dairy farm then some small quantity you can grow fodder and if land left out you can take up aloe vera if you have a buy back facility or mushrrom is also a good option.