Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Dairy Farming in Karnataka

Register

Click Here!

wwwyesh

Hello All

I am an NRI and I would like to start a Dairy Farming project(being my dream) in Mysore,Karnataka. I have 5 Acres of Land which is very close to the city with good roads. Water and electricity is available. Can someone let me know if I can start a project with 20 to 30 cattle,with a decent budget. Appreciate your help.

Kind Reagrds
Y.Shankar

hrishik

Would like to work along with u

I am also interested in dairy farming. I am working in Bangalore. I work along with u for this project since I can learn from the implementation challenges. I am planning to start a large scale farm in another one or two years in kerala.
I can spent my week ends for this.

peaceshiv

Hi Shankar,

I am Shivanand from Mysore, good to know your dream and even i walking on same path, also with Organic farming thoughts.
I was thinking can spend my weekends on sharing knowledge also will be helpful in starting dairyfarming.
I know a person who can guide how best you can do on Dairy farming.

Let me know if you intersted

Regards
~ Shiv ~

psri

Hi Shiv,

This is Srinivas from Bangalore. Please share your contact details. I am interested in Organic Farming. Please contact....

Regards,
Srinivas

Last edited by a moderator:

vickey_jc

Farmeing

Hi Shankar,

Its really hard to start a dairy farming useing 20-30 cows with 5 Acers of land because u may short fall of Fodder corps.

For more information on this project you may contact me...
Please contact....

lpmndri123

Hello All

I am an NRI and I would like to start a Dairy Farming project(being my dream) in Mysore,Karnataka. I have 5 Acres of Land which is very close to the city with good roads. Water and electricity is available. Can someone let me know if I can start a project with 20 to 30 cattle,with a decent budget. Appreciate your help.

Kind Reagrds
Y.Shankar
NDRI , Bangalore gives training for beginners like you . Contact please...

shanta_giri

Dairy Farming

Hi,

Great to hear, being an NRI you are also thinking the same way as I do. There is tremendous potential in this business if managed properly. As someone opined, fodder is the main concern in this business. That is true, as it is the major cost component and the whole economy of a dairy farm depends on this. If this is taken care of efficiently and cost effectiveness achieved, then there is no looking back. I have done some research on this business and have come across some great successes in this field. But a word of caution, Medium/small scale is not a viable option, you have to go big.

Please keep in touch, we could share our knowledge and experiences since I am also preparing a dairy farm project, likely to implement it in Belgaum 5-6 years down the line.
Please contact...

Wish you best of luck.

Ravindra

jaganath

sir
we are from banglore we wil suggest u every thing u need so plz contact us jaganath we are providing all types of cows u need so plz.. Please contact.....

milking machine

We 'Swastik Enterprises' are leading producer of milking machines in India with our brand name MILKWELL, we are manuafcturing various models of milking machine according to numbers of milking animals in a adairy farm. we are producing small milking machine like portable milking machine for small herd size farm like 01 to 50 animals, we are produccing fixed type stationary milking machines for midium size dairy farms with the herd size 50-100 animals.
we are producing pipeline milking systems and milking parlours for big size dairy farms.

we can customize the milking systems as per the need of a dairy farmer. we are producing milking machines for cow, buffaloes, goats and sheep's.

for more informations please visit us at our web site : www. milkwell .in , milkwell.in, Milking machine India,bucket milking machine exporter,milking machine supplier,bucket milking machine supplier,India

please mail us : milkwellindia@gmail.com

if you have any query please feel free to contcat us, we will serve you at our best.

Thanks with regards
+919416360537
+911842268326

pradeepsubash

we are comercial dairy farmers offering our 15 years expertise in dairy farming. you can visit our web site, please feel free to call so as to discuss what are neede in establishing a profitable dairy farm. we can provide assistance in various segments in dairy
regards
Pradeep Subash

jaganath

sir
plz contact me i am in banglore i wil suggest ur deeds so plz contact me,jaganath...

jaganath

sir
i am from banglore and serve ur deeds we are also having a dairy near to banglore so we can provide u every thing so plz contact me,jaganath b.c

prateekvaish

How to make large profits on a dairy farm

sir
i am from banglore and serve ur deeds we are also having a dairy near to banglore so we can provide u every thing so plz contact me (+91 9845661012)jaganath b.c
Dear Mr. Y.Shankar ,

Greetings from MODEL DAIRY FARM SERVICES ! I have gone through various replies to your post and would suggest that you need to be clear about few basic facts such as :-
To run a dairy farm successfuly you require:-
a) good quality of livestock i.e. Cow (min. 4000 lits per lactation) or buffaloes (min. 2500 lits per lactation).
b) you can easily grow adlib fodder for 30 cattle on 5 acres.
c) not having own agricultural land hardly makes any difference as fodder grown on own farm also has an opprtunity cost.
d) investment required for setting up a 30 cow unit is 24 lacs.
e) always start with a small herd between 30 to 60 cattles.
i would have liked to elaborate more but i am having a very busy schedule right now so i had to cut it short. Feel free to contact me at 09936286478.
regards,

[COLOR="Red"]Prateek Vaish,[/COLOR]
Vice President Operations,
Model Dairy Farm,
Naramau, G.T. Road, Kanpur (INDIA)

Email: prateekvaish@yahoo.com
www.modeldairyfarm.com
www.dairyconsultancy.com

srini14

dairy farm project regd

Hello All

Kind Reagrds
Y.Shankar
hello mr shankar,

we are dairy consultants based in hyderabad. we can guide you in setting up a good 20 nos animals dairy farm. you can contact us...
srinivas

srini14

dairy project

Hello All

Kind Reagrds
Y.Shankar
hello shankar,

we are dairy consultants based in hyderabad. we undertake turnkey dairy projects. we can guide you with setting up a good dairy farm.
you can contact us

srinivas

cravi

Labour

I certainly agree with you regarding the medium/small scale option. Unless you go big and I mean really big, it is not a viable option. Another component of a dairy farm in addition to fodder (and water and cow disease among others) is the availability of labour. It is very very difficult, I repeat extremely difficult to get good labor to work on your dairy farm.
It would be interesting to note in your research how the successful ones have overcome labor difficulties. Please share your thoughts.

Hi,

Great to hear, being an NRI you are also thinking the same way as I do. There is tremendous potential in this business if managed properly. As someone opined, fodder is the main concern in this business. That is true, as it is the major cost component and the whole economy of a dairy farm depends on this. If this is taken care of efficiently and cost effectiveness achieved, then there is no looking back. I have done some research on this business and have come across some great successes in this field. But a word of caution, Medium/small scale is not a viable option, you have to go big.

Please keep in touch, we could share our knowledge and experiences since I am also preparing a dairy farm project, likely to implement it in Belgaum 5-6 years down the line.
Please contact...

Wish you best of luck.

Ravindra