I am planning to start floriculture in Bangalore. I visited few green houses and still doing research on various aspects before jumping in to this field.
My plan is to do floriculture in one acre of land. I am getting multiple advices on Gerbera and Carnation. Please help me in finalizing the crop.
My findings on Gerbera and Carnations:
1. Gerbera plant is having a longer life span of 2-3 years compared to Carnation (1-2 years)
2. Cost of Gerbera plant is 4 times more compared to Carnation plant
3. Carnation need additional netting and misting for Bangalore conditions
4. Market value for Carnation is more than Gerbera
5. Quality of Carnation flowers will be lost after the first year
6. Both Gerbera and Carnation will yield around 10 lacs flowers per annum
7. Market rate of Gerbera is very unstable, compared to Carnation
With all the above conditions I am really confused about which crop is better to grow. Which crop will give better returns and less risk? Can some one please give me a better advice.