Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Want to start a dairy farm in Haryana

Register

Click Here!

dineshjoshe

Hello,

I am planning to start a dairy farm business in Mahendragarh Haryana.

Please provide the info about the following if possible:
1 - Any Milk Union working in that area?
2 - How much land is required to produce fodder for 10 buffaloes and 20 cow ? - IMP
3 - Any other idea to sell the milk in the market?
4- I need to purchase animals and set up the infrastructure also. from where to get animal and what kind of infrastructure required.

Thank you

prateekvaish

1. milk union of haryana milk federation is operational in all districts of Haryana.
2. 5 acres of land is sufficient to produce green fodder for 30 animals.
3. Milk can be marketed by ways of Retail, homedelivery, Conversion of milk into value added products like paneer, mava and Ghee.
4.Model Dairy Farm has a rich heritage of more than 30 years in breeding and supplying cows of high productivity and pedigree. In fact, ‘dairy cows’ and Model Dairy are considered synonymous by dairy farmers in north and central India. We have assisted numerous dairy farmers, cattle traders & suppliers, NGOs and cattle breeders with advice, selection and shipment of their Dairy Cows requirement.
Available at Model Dairy Farm:-
 Holstein and Holstein Friesian cross Cows with milk yield capacity of 3000 to 7000 liters in a lactation ( 15 to 40 liters milk per day)
 Holstein Heifers with pedigree records
 All the Holstein cows are Functional Type- “good feet and good udders”
 Jersey and Jersey cross cows with milk yield capacity of 3000 to 5000 liters per lactation. (15 to 25 liters per day).
 Jersey Heifers with pedigree records.
 Apart from jersey and Holstein pure Sahiwal and Brown Swiss cross cows can be arranged on order.
It is true that the best dairy buffaloes like Murrah and Nili Ravi are found in India but all the dairy farmers in India know that they are not easily available and the reliability of animal and its true potential are often hard to guess before purchase of animal. We specialize in supply of Pure breeds of excellent lactating and pregnant buffaloes of following types:-
 Pure Murrah Buffaloes of excellent body confirmation, Good udder, tightly curled horns, dairy temperament and milk yield capacity of 2000 to 4000 liters in a lactation (10 – 20 kg. per day.)
All our cows, buffaloes, heifers and bulls are disease free and vaccinated. They all have great tolerance to hot and cold climatic conditions and are regular breeders.
Model Dairy Farm’s dairy cows, buffaloes and bulls are Reliable and Simply Superior.
For Trade inquiries or more information kindly visit or contact at:
Model Dairy Farm,
Naramau, G.T. road, Kanpur – 209217 (India)
Phone: 09936286478
Email: prateekvaish@yahoo.com

dairyman

Your queries

Ans: As far as I know I knew about 5-6 Milk unions working in Haryana under the brand name Verka. You can contcat any on eof them

2 - How much land is required to produce fodder for 10 buffaloes and 20 cow ? - IMP
Ans : On an average one acre would be sufficient for 5-6 animals so you need at least 5 acres of land

Ans :If it is in haryana - Nestle and relaince are other big players in procurement. I heard that nestle even finances big farms like yours

4- I need to purchase animals and set up the infrastructure also. from where to get animal and what kind of infrastructure required.
Ans:For animals you can look for in and around Rohtak, rather than going to mandis or through brokers, catch someone in a village and go directly to farmers since the quantity is just 30 animals. FOr infrastuture you must have read a few posts by Mr.Prateekvaish in thif forum, since you are from north visit his farm and check out for yourself.
All the best
Vamsee Krishna

Thank you

lpmndri

Hello,

Thank you
The country's best Daity farms are available in Punjab. You visit any farm around Ludhiana or Mohalli or Moga. You get complete information on all aspects. In Ludhiana there in one PDFA ( Pujab Dairy Farmers Association with it's president by name daljit singh Gill.
For furthur details search in net by hitting titles "PDFA " or punjab dairy farmers association.
With best wishes

Dr. A. Obi Reddy
principal Scientist
Please contact....

Last edited by a moderator:

We have installed over 500 milking machines in Haryana and Punjab , also including your place , we know the good established modren dairy farm in nearest places of yours, you may contact us for dairy farms addresses and milking machines.

www .milkwell .in
Hello,

Thank you

prateekvaish

PDFA is not Punjab Dairy Farmers Association but Progressive dairy farmers Association. daljeet Singh is president PDFA and he keeps only pure HF cows in his farm and not buffaloes. Best is a subjective word, Punjab indeed has farms with good infrastructure and livestock but i feel best farms are those which are able to maximise profits, ROI and grow year after year. Its astonishing that people with no practical experience of running a dairy farm and with no conceptual knowledge of financial management try to advice new entrepreneurs.

Regards,
Prateek Vaish
Member PDFA

Last edited:

prateekvaish

You may contact Daljeet Singh and get information about HF farms in Punjab. Few other good farmers include balraj of nakodar, Mr. bajwa and harpreet around nabha and JM Dairy at Nabha.

nsehrawat

Start dary farm lon nd subside help

Hi sir iam narender kumar i start a dary farm plz help me bank lon nd subsidi plz