Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Procedure to buy Agriculture land in Bangalore/Tamil nadu

Register

Click Here!

sham_r31

Hi All,

This is Sham from Bangalore. I'm from a non-agricultural background and planning to buy a agriculture land. As per my knowledge in karnataka a non-agriculturist can not buy agriculture land untill or unless his/her income is not more than 2L(2,00,000) per annum.

Does the same rules applies in Tamil Nadu as well ?

Can a non-agriculturist buy a peice of agriculture land in Karnataka ?

What all documents i need to collect when I'm purchasing the agriculuture land.

Regards
Sham R

lvly21

Bro no such rule in andhra pradesh or tamil nadu you can easily buy a land from andhra pradesh in anantapur distt or tamil nadu but please check from registrar officr or hire a lawyer to check the property papers of the land u buying so that unneccesary problems will be avoided

srinidv

Buying agri land in K'taka

Hi Sham, I am told one can buy agriculture land in Karnataka too, subject to the following:
1) RTC land (Record of Tenancy certificate) -- this is driven by the pahani, so one needs to have a legacy/history of land holding either in Karnataka or anywhere in India, to be able to buy this type of land in K'taka.
2) CRC land -- typically known as Coffee Registration Certificate land, which even a non-agriculturist can buy. Typically you will find such lands in Malnad, Coorg regions where vast patches are only coffee/tea cultivations.

RTC land is typically the paddy etc kind of land, so it is tough to buy that without you/ family member having a legacy of land holding.

There could be other convoluted ways of doing things, but I guess it will not be worth it, as if you have back-biters eyeing your progress, it could get tough if they inform authorities. :)