Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Rural Godown Scheme / Grameen Bhandaran Yojana

Register

Click Here!

goushalabiz

Introduction: The objective of rural godown scheme is to provide the farming community with facilities for scientific storage so that wastage and produce deterioration are avoided and also to enable it to meet its credit requirement without being compelled to sell the produce at a time when the prices are low (distress sale).

Capacity: Capacity of a godown shall be decided by an entrepreneur. However, subsidy under the scheme shall be restricted to a minimum capacity of 100 tonnes and maximum capacity of 10,000 tonnes. For godowns exceeding 1000 ton capacity the maximum acceptable capital investment is Rs. 1500.00 per ton.

Credit linked assistance: Subsidy (15% 25% 33.33%) under the scheme is linked to institutional credit and will be available to only such projects as are financed by Commercial Banks. As the name implies subsidy is available only for godowns constructed in rural areas and not in municipal areas.

Assistance under the scheme shall be available on capital cost of construction of godown including the cost of allied facilities like boundary wall, internal road, platform, internal drainage system, weighing, grading, packaging, quality certification, warehousing facilities which are functionally required to operate the godown.

Viability: Project is highly viable if you could construct 5000 ton capacity godown over 2 acre land. You can construct allied facilities e.g. shops, drying sheds, etc for value addition with proposed godown.

National Warehouse Receipt System: You will operate godown under this system. It will help farmers to obtain credit from banks against warehouse receipt.

Our services: We can prepare bankable project report, CoA certified layout along with construction cost estimate at highly affordable service fee. We will guide you step-by-step till its commissioning. Write to us informing available land and complete contact particulars.

divyesh007

Hello

I would like to know more about this scheme, any project consultants can help us in this project........ Please get i touch with me....

Divyesh Mehta
Kolkata

Last edited by a moderator:

geofranc

Please Provide the contact info

I am interested in the mentioned project,can i know the your contact details for further discussions.

with regards
George Francis

goushalabiz

We are receiving queries for detail of Rural Godown Scheme and would prefer to answer here in open forum:

Viability: Entrepreneur can reap more profits if such godown is operated under National Warehouse Receipt System. Under this system farmers can avail credit upto 75% of value of Warehouse Receipt.

Income could be by way of monthly rent, that could be Rs. 3-5 per bag per month. Expenditures are towards normal maintenance of warehouse. Hence profit potential is there provided more and more farmers from your adjoining area utilize your services.

Project Cost: It can be estimated precisely through layout design by CoA certified Architect or Structural Engineer. It should also contain construction cost estimate. This is essential to prepare bankable project report and to request for subsidy.

Subsidy: It is limited (15% 25% 33.33% of total capital investment). For godowns exceeding 1000 ton capacity the maximum acceptable capital investment is Rs. 1500.00 per ton.

Our services: We can prepare bankable project report, CoA certified layout along with construction cost estimate at highly affordable service fee. We will guide you step-by-step till its commissioning including guidelines to operate under National Warehouse Receipt System. Write to us informing available land and complete contact particulars.

technetg

Can we construct these godowns on agriculture land in a village? will I need some kind of a clearnace from any govt organization?

srinu6

Marketing

Hi,
I have 2 acres of land in good location. If I avail this opportunity how about the marketing?. Will this godowns be leased by government or do we have to find our own customers.

goushalabiz

5000 MT Godown

Conventional type 5000 MT warehouse standard specifications:

Warehouse contains main building along with Office Block, Watchman Quarters, Weigh Bridge, Compound wall with Electrification, Water supply. Here we are informing few specifications that will be adhered while preparing the layout design, computing construction cost and finally detailed project report for main building of 5000 MT godown:

• Godown Centre to Centre: 125.55 m x 21.80 m
  • Out side to Out side: 126.01 x 22.26
  • Excluding both Varandah: 126.01 m x 22.26 m
  • Including both Varandah: 126.01 m x 27.76 m
  • Road side Varandah Width: 2.45 m
  • Plinth level: 0.80 m
  • 5.000 MT godowns: 3 Compartments
  • One Compartment: C/C length 41.85 m
  • One Compartment: 1670 MT Capacity
  • No. of Stacks in each Compartment: 12 Nos.
  • Size of Stacks: 6.10 m x 9.15 m
  • Godown height on each side: 5.60 m
  • Varandah Truss height: 3.35 m
  • No. of Rolling shutters: 12 Nos.
  • No. of collapsible gates: 12 Nos.
  • Size of rolling shutters: 1.83 m x 2.44 m
  • Size of collapsible gates: 2.44 m x 2.44 m
  • Bottom Ventilators size: 0.62 m x 0.62 m =42 Nos. (both long walls)
  • Top Ventilators size: 1.54 m x 0.62 m = 54 Nos. (Both long walls)
  • V8 Ventilators: 0.38 m x 0.62 m = 42 Nos.

Parameters have been defined for:

• Foundation
  • Plinth Beam, Tie Beam & Column
  • Super Structures
  • Sun Breakers
  • Finishing
  • Platform
  • Flooring
  • Roofing
  • Windows, Ventilators, Rolling Shutters, Collapsible Gates
  • Roads
  • Compound Wall
  • Boundary Wall Gate & Wicket Gate
  • Electrical Installation
  • Water Supply
  • Sanitary Works
  • 40 MT Weighbridge & Cabin Room

Hope the readers will understand constructing warehouse requires much more than just preparing project report.

Generating income: Either you give such godowns on rent to private companies or FCI. For hiring of godowns by FCI please refer its website for latest tender, if any. Or you can operate godowns on your own. Farmers can pay you rent @ INR 3-5 per bag per month. Expenditure includes salaries, regular maintenance, electricity, water, etc.

Our services: We can prepare bankable project report, CoA certified layout along with construction cost estimate at highly affordable service fee. We will guide you step-by-step till its commissioning including guidelines to operate under National Warehouse Receipt System. Write to us informing available land and complete contact particulars.

goushalabiz

other relevant information

We can render our services for capacity 1670 metric ton and 5000 metric ton capacity. Such godowns can be established over agricultural land. Banks may not insist for conversion of such land to commercial land.

It is important to operate such godowns under National Warehouse Receipt System. This is essential for obtaining subsidy and for your profitability too.

Approximately we need 2 acre land for 5000 MT and 0.70 acre land for 1670 MT. With smaller size godown you may not get desired profitability and with bigger size godown project cost may be too high for you. Land should be in ownership of entrepreneur (This could be kept as collateral security, else you have to arrange some other collateral security).

Approximate budget for 5000 MT is INR 15.00 million and for 1670 MT is INR 7.00 million.

We can provide you bankable project report, certified layout with construction cost estimate, guidelines for obtaining subsidy and liaisoning with banks, guidelines for NWRS compliance and obtaining other relevant documents at highly affordable cost. Certainly it is not based on percentage as other consultants usually charge.

rohit221

want consultant

hello, i plan to develop a warehouse of 5000 MT and i want consultant regurding all information.................

with regards
ROHIT VERMA

cspcjain

Grameen Bhandaran Yojana

I am interested in putting Grameen Bhandar for Agri Product in Rural Area in U.P. on my own Agri land on about more than 2 acres land. The land is situated well connected to Road, facility of water, electricity, just 4 km from city limit and 6 km from Railway Station.

I would like to know the total project cost of appox. 4000-5000 tons capacity Bhandar, contents of this Yojana and step to step actions to be taken in this regard. Pls also specify the detail of your role in getting the Yojana implemented for me. Pls send the details and for more information pls contact

Regards,

CS P.C.JAIN

infoagr

Grameen Bhandaran Yojana

Hi gaushalaBiz, Pls. send the contact details. I would be interested in the scheme.

manish82

Rural godown

I have 1.3 acre of land. I want to consult you. Pls. send details of project and how would you assist me.

Regards
Manish

mewawala

Grameen Bhandaran Yojana

We are setting up a agri produce food processing plant nr Pune and would have additional procurement centers at 4 main farming districts.

We would be interested in the Grameen Bhandaran Yojana

Consultants with experience and expertise may pls contact

birbhum

Project of Rural Godown of capacity 1000 MT

Conventional type 5000 MT warehouse standard specifications:

Warehouse contains main building along with Office Block, Watchman Quarters, Weigh Bridge, Compound wall with Electrification, Water supply. Here we are informing few specifications that will be adhered while preparing the layout design, computing construction cost and finally detailed project report for main building of 5000 MT godown:

• Godown Centre to Centre: 125.55 m x 21.80 m
  • Out side to Out side: 126.01 x 22.26
  • Excluding both Varandah: 126.01 m x 22.26 m
  • Including both Varandah: 126.01 m x 27.76 m
  • Road side Varandah Width: 2.45 m
  • Plinth level: 0.80 m
  • 5.000 MT godowns: 3 Compartments
  • One Compartment: C/C length 41.85 m
  • One Compartment: 1670 MT Capacity
  • No. of Stacks in each Compartment: 12 Nos.
  • Size of Stacks: 6.10 m x 9.15 m
  • Godown height on each side: 5.60 m
  • Varandah Truss height: 3.35 m
  • No. of Rolling shutters: 12 Nos.
  • No. of collapsible gates: 12 Nos.
  • Size of rolling shutters: 1.83 m x 2.44 m
  • Size of collapsible gates: 2.44 m x 2.44 m
  • Bottom Ventilators size: 0.62 m x 0.62 m =42 Nos. (both long walls)
  • Top Ventilators size: 1.54 m x 0.62 m = 54 Nos. (Both long walls)
  • V8 Ventilators: 0.38 m x 0.62 m = 42 Nos.

Parameters have been defined for:

• Foundation
  • Plinth Beam, Tie Beam & Column
  • Super Structures
  • Sun Breakers
  • Finishing
  • Platform
  • Flooring
  • Roofing
  • Windows, Ventilators, Rolling Shutters, Collapsible Gates
  • Roads
  • Compound Wall
  • Boundary Wall Gate & Wicket Gate
  • Electrical Installation
  • Water Supply
  • Sanitary Works
  • 40 MT Weighbridge & Cabin Room

Hope the readers will understand constructing warehouse requires much more than just preparing project report.

Generating income: Either you give such godowns on rent to private companies or FCI. For hiring of godowns by FCI please refer its website for latest tender, if any. Or you can operate godowns on your own. Farmers can pay you rent @ INR 3-5 per bag per month. Expenditure includes salaries, regular maintenance, electricity, water, etc.

We, M/S Pratyasha, a registered Unit with DIC, Birbhum, intend to set up a Rural Godown in Birbhum District, Suri just 6 K.M away from Panagarh-Moregram National Highway. We need the project as soon as possible, as the project will be closed on 31 March, 2013

sonofgod

warehouse project

Dear member,

we are doing a warehouse project under peg2009 scheme in mp. kindly send contact details so we can communicate further. my email id is ps_mann@live.com and phone no. is 09876100041, 9217600008

thanks n regards

p s mann

alamkhurshid1

can you please send your connects, we will be intrested to hire you as our consultant

Alternatively you can reach me at alamkhurshid1@gmail.com

Introduction: The objective of rural godown scheme is to provide the farming community with facilities for scientific storage so that wastage and produce deterioration are avoided and also to enable it to meet its credit requirement without being compelled to sell the produce at a time when the prices are low (distress sale).

Capacity: Capacity of a godown shall be decided by an entrepreneur. However, subsidy under the scheme shall be restricted to a minimum capacity of 100 tonnes and maximum capacity of 10,000 tonnes. For godowns exceeding 1000 ton capacity the maximum acceptable capital investment is Rs. 1500.00 per ton.

Credit linked assistance: Subsidy (15% 25% 33.33%) under the scheme is linked to institutional credit and will be available to only such projects as are financed by Commercial Banks. As the name implies subsidy is available only for godowns constructed in rural areas and not in municipal areas.

Assistance under the scheme shall be available on capital cost of construction of godown including the cost of allied facilities like boundary wall, internal road, platform, internal drainage system, weighing, grading, packaging, quality certification, warehousing facilities which are functionally required to operate the godown.

Viability: Project is highly viable if you could construct 5000 ton capacity godown over 2 acre land. You can construct allied facilities e.g. shops, drying sheds, etc for value addition with proposed godown.

National Warehouse Receipt System: You will operate godown under this system. It will help farmers to obtain credit from banks against warehouse receipt.

Our services: We can prepare bankable project report, CoA certified layout along with construction cost estimate at highly affordable service fee. We will guide you step-by-step till its commissioning. Write to us informing available land and complete contact particulars.

mad2champ

What is the process to construct a warehouse

Sir,
I want to know what are the steps to construction of warehouse . I have 3.5 acres land in Rewa size approxx 300× 500 I am planning to construct warehouse oh 5000 M.T
So what are the steps to take by me & what is the approx cost would be invest.please give your contact details

Regards
Madhur chamadia