Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Question Hemp cultivation consultancy

Register

Click Here!

gvaranam

I am looking for the consultancy service on the Hemp cultivation. Is it possible to cultivate the Hemp in India legally. Whether any complication is involved. Where is seeds are available. Kindly reply with details.

manojsinghchandel

hi

The origin of the controversy can be traced to same technical name shared by both industrial hemp and marijuana – Cannabis Sativa. However, both are essentially different varieties of the same plant. THC – the active ingredient in marijuana – is nearly untraceable in industrial hemp. Hemp farming is now enjoying a revival in many parts of the world. Still, there are countries like the UK where it is mandatory that anybody who wants to grow hemp has to get the permission from the authorities. In India, it has not been reported so far about anybody growing industrial hemp.

In Uttrakhand it is found in abundant. You can get seeds from there. Presently we are working on hemp for nature fibres in Uttrakhand.

Regds

gvaranam

Hemp Cultivation

Thank you for the information provided. Kindly inform me whether you can get some seeds of the Industrial Hemp for me?

meghshah

Hello
I am looking for industrial hemp cultivators in India. Are there any? I am interested in buying some industrial hemp for some products.

asimiitr

Dear Manoj Singh,
I am a student of IIT Roorkee. I am presently doing a research project on natural fiber composites using hemp as its fiber. We aim to develop a composite that can be used in our Hybrid vehicle that we are fabricating to take part in FSAE Competition in Italy next year.
For that purpose i wanted to know more about hemp fiber i.e. its availability in UK and from where and when we can get hemp fiber.
Looking forward for your response, and Thank you in advance.

Mohd Asim Ali
BTech Mechanical
PreFinal Year
IIT Roorkee

marnatha

Industrial Hemp Cultivation

We too are looking for the Industrial hemp cultivation . But i don't know where to find seeds of Industrial Hemp . I am also not sure weather its legal to cultivate industrial hemp in India ? . Please suggest me thank you

devashishrathi

Hemp

I have got hemp seeds
Now searching for any legal requirement (if any) to grow hemp in India.
Any one growing ?? Would like to get in touch.. I am really interested in this product and looking for like minded people to help me aprocah the govt. fo rthe same. I am form Hyderabad. I have collected lot of information on the same.

pratishr

I too am interested in hemp farming for its fiber and oils. Looking for like minded people to join to get permission for the same. I have spent a decade in uttarakhand to research various aspects of hemp (sativa n indica) and now want to start farming of the product in hyderabad. If any one has any info that can help me achive that, i would be greatful. Consultant's are also welcomed. Cheers.

Last edited:

alt_shift

Mahatma Gandhi protested against the British control over cotton industry with making hemp Khadi at home :)
I guess we have to do that again :)

We are sharing the same frequency and we have others here too...
Currently we will break the ice (more like glass) with a clothing brand made of Hemp to help people realize there are other uses than narcos.
Then we will enter into other products like nutrition, food, meds, alt. fuel, plastics, construction etc.
Will need all the help we can from the planet and specially from our mother country India.
We have talked to the Ministry of Textile and see a GREENish flag to go ahead.

I will like to get in touch with each of you and need your help to make this movement go forward.
Please send me your interest at: toshwear@gmail.com

Please see a few resources we have started to put together:
HEMP 47 - Independence
http://facebook.com/toshwear

Dear Friends,

Hemp is very common crop and does not need any legal issues for its cultivation. We have very wide experience of growing hemp crop in India as well as in other part of neighbouring countries.

You may write to us with your requirement at "info@udyam.co" or "udyam.info@gmail.com" for the seed and your purpose for cultivation so that we can facilitate you the business feasibility report for the same a certain cost.

groovinmonk

Hi,
Guys there is little bit of ambiguity when it comes to this topic i have tried to look for information many times on this topic and then lose interest cause of lack of information or incorrect information. If any anybody has any information on how to get a legal licence on growing hemp i would be really thankfull :)

Love and light to all

Last edited:

mohanayes

If you are willing to cultivate hemp in Karnataka state I can help you out with legal matters. There is a provision to get license to cultivate hemp in Karnataka state.