Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Goat / Sheep farming, a profitable business venture

Register

Click Here!

drwaran

Red meat (chevon / mutton) market in India is in a nascent stage and growing by leaps and bounds.

Agri-Entrepreneurs who undertake goat / sheep rearing to cater to this upcoming market in a professional manner in the near future, would stand to benefit the most.

We from Dr Waran's Livestock Management Consultancy Services would be happy to provide fee-based tailor-made consultancy services on

a> Selection between goat / sheep
b> Selection of breed, locally suited
c> Establishment of farm
d> Best practices of rearing
e> Breeding strategies
f> Marketing strategies for profit maximisation
g> Management Information System
h> Training of labour / personnel on good management practices
i> Establish linkages with existing / new stake holders

Those who are further seriously interested in entering this exciting agri-business and are possessing land for rearing / grazing, may please contact:

gautamthp

need info..

hello...i am from uttarakhand...
i have 5 acres land of which some is terraced...i want to know about the goat/sheep farming,,,
have good amount of fodder and water is also available in good quantity..

please mail me some details ..

Last edited by a moderator:

iusfff

Goat/Sheep farming

Red meat (chevon / mutton) market in India is in a nascent stage and growing by leaps and bounds.

Agri-Entrepreneurs who undertake goat / sheep rearing to cater to this upcoming market in a professional manner in the near future, would stand to benefit the most.

We from Dr Waran's Livestock Management Consultancy Services would be happy to provide fee-based tailor-made consultancy services on

a> Selection between goat / sheep
b> Selection of breed, locally suited
c> Establishment of farm
d> Best practices of rearing
e> Breeding strategies
f> Marketing strategies for profit maximisation
g> Management Information System
h> Training of labour / personnel on good management practices
i> Establish linkages with existing / new stake holders

Those who are further seriously interested in entering this exciting agri-business and are possessing land for rearing / grazing, may please contact:
I have 5 acres of land near Hospet, and 3 acres near Harihar (karnataka). And I want to start a Goat/Sheap farm, Please inform me about the way you help and your terms and conditions.
Seeking your help and reply
Muhammad Iqbal
Please contact...

iusfff

Consultancy - Goat/sheep farming

I have 5 acres of land near Hospet, and 3 acres near Harihar (karnataka). And I want to start a Goat/Sheap farm, Please inform me about the way you help and your terms and conditions.
Muhammad Iqbal
Please contact

philipose

Goat Farming

Sir, I have 20 acres of Rubber plantations. This can be used for gracing the goats.Please let me know the feasibility of using this land for raring the goats also and upto how many goats I can maintain there and what will be cost of the live stock and the sheds.

drwaran

Dear Philipose,

Yes. Rubber plantations can be used for "partially housing" the goats. They would need green fodder on a daily basis for feeding. Hence, the number would essentially depend firstly upon the quantity of fodder rather than the 20 acre of rubber plantation.

As far as the project cost, you could begin in a small convenient manner and grow - upon your own experience. BUT, please be extra cautious (to the extent of being a miser!) on "unproductive" capital expenses.

with best wishes for a Happy New Year.

farmer_sabresh

I have 5 acres of land near trichy. And I want to start a Goat/Sheap farm, Please inform me about the way you help and your terms and conditions.
sabresh
Please contact...

drwaran

Dear Sabresh,

You may like to look at the market before commencing production.

with best wishes for a Happy New Year.

skrai

Goat and Sheep farm

Dear Dr Waran,

Can I Get details on how to start Goat/Sheep farming at my 5 acre of land near Jabalpur,M.P.

Santosh

drwaran

Dear Santosh,

We shall be most happy to provide our professional fee-based consultancy services to profitably establish and operate a small-ruminant farm on your 5 acre land near Jabalpur in MP. It could be either goat or sheep farm, depending on the market you are going to cater to.

with best wishes on your agri-business endeavours.

chinnam

naidu sheep goat farm

hello dear friends, i am happy to inform you about the goat sheep farm, i started a farm in andhrapradesh with 500 sheeps and goats, i planted 10 acres grass to feed it .this is really very profitable business to everyone who interested to start. if you need any information...

kishanb

sheep farming

Dear sir/madam,
I have been running a Goat farm with 70 numbers.
Now I am going to start sheep farming but before that I need a valuable suggestions from expert in sheep farming.
Kindly suggest the benefits , management, disease and comparison between goat and sheep farming.
We have very good market for these.
Thanks
Regards
Kishan Banoth

mohan63

most profitble Farm

which Farm is the most Profitble and early returns between Goat or Sheep (Stalfed) in Hyderabad Area, Andhra Pradesh

smy82482

Dear mohan63,
In any areas Goat farm is 10 times more profitable than sheep farm.
Sheep gives birth to 1 kid in a year whereas goat 2-8 kids in a year(in goats Kidding depends on type of breed that you select to breed).
Maturity period of sheep is of 390 days whereas goat matures in 300 days.
Goats are highly resistants against diseases as compare to sheep.So mortality of goats is less as compare to sheeps.
Goat meat has very high demand as compare to sheep meat.
Marketing of goats is very easy as compare to sheeps.
Goats requires less fodder as compare to sheeps.

The only plus point with sheeps is that,they produces wool 2-3 times in a year.But just considering the wool profit u cant go with sheeps,just think of above points regarding goats.
In the end the profit obtain by selling goats is much higher than that obtain by selling wool and sheeps.

With regards,

Dr.Shaikh
www.goatfarm.co.in
Osmanabadi Goat