AgricultureInformation.com

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dairy Farm

Can You send me the details of your milking machine , Thnx
    Last edited by Ritika; February 26th, 2008 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Only Business members are allowed to post contact details. Please click "Upgrade" to become a Business member

Blog Entries

Smile Dairy farming ; detailed information....

Quote Originally Posted by muhamed View Post
    Sir
    I am interested in doing Dairyfarming.I want to know the economics and other factors of Dairy farming.
    Thanking You
    Quote Originally Posted by sree46 View Post
    Hi,

Perhaps I can help you in this provided you inform me about the infrastructure you have, number of cows/buffaloes to start with, access to green fodder and the investment details.

Dr. Sreedhar
    Quote Originally Posted by srinivasan_kk View Post
    Debasish,

Did you got repl from Sree,if you got the rely from him or from any other resource please let me know the details I am also in need of same information what you are looking for.
    Thanks,
    Srinivasan
    Quote Originally Posted by floginh View Post
    i have already planed to start a milk dairy farming so please any on e help me to start this project i wanted to know which breed of cows are better for milking as we are very closed to bangalore that is we are in kunigal dist which place is very near to buy some cows that is atleast 30 cows we have around 5 acres of land and we have a borwell facility alsoso please let me know about this things and if possible ur contact nos
    Quote Originally Posted by cr_sandeep View Post
    Hi
    I am new to this website from bangalore am also interested in starting of dairy farm from my 0 level. I have land around 3 acers and watersource(borewell) which am presently growing some other crops. insatlly i dont mind starting in less numbers of cow later on increase in numers so pls help out in this .
    Quote Originally Posted by shajathali View Post
    Hai

i am shajath. i am based at salem. i have my land in Trichy dist of tamil nadu. I have finished my ground level work to start a dairy with 25 animal mainly cross breed HF. Nowadays, Cross breed HF available every where. It is hard to locate the desi cow.
    cows suitable for dairy is available in the following area.

Mattagiri surrounding of Hosur Dist. A largest Governemnt Cattle Form situvated in that place. Kaveripattinam in Krishnagir Dist. Konganapuram in Erode Dist. Srirangam in Trichy Dist.

I am 100% sure that Milk is succesful Business, only if you invest your 15 hrs attention per day. Even India's largest Milk dairy gives buy-back to go for bank loan in specified dist of Tamil Nadu, they also arrange bank loan on our behalf.

Tips: one acre required for 5 animals for green fodder cultivation.

Regards
    shajath
    Quote Originally Posted by debasish_basak View Post
    Dear Sree46,

I want to start dairy farming with cross-breed Holstein Friesian cow of 20 (to start with and gradually to increase the number) numbers. I have 10 acre of land with orrigation facilities, where I can grow green fodder. Climate in my area is extreame (180Km from Kolkata) with summer temperature goes as high as 46-47C and winter temperature 5~6C. Electricity is avaiable in my village.

Please let me know the following information:
    1) Whether exotic variety Holstein Friesian cow is available in India? What is the nearby area ( near Kolkata) where these cows could be bought?- How much a pure Holstein Friesian may cost each? How much a cross breed Holstein Friesian cow may cost? Where such cross breed HF cow available near Kolkata?

2) How much milk a cross-breed Holstein Friesian give? How much milk an exotic variety of Holstein Friesian cow give?

3) I came to know that milking by milking machine gives 20% additional milk. Also milking 3 times a day in 8 hours interval, increases milk yield by 30%. Please let me know whether same is true with cross breed Holstein Frisian cow.

4) Does cooling arrangement (fan with mist spray) during summer help increase milk yield for cross breed Holstein Friesian cow? Whether increase in milk-yield is remunerative compared to the associated cost of cooling arrangement?

5) What should be the minimum herd strength to make economical and remunerative Dairy Farm? How much it would cost me to build a shed (low cost building) suitable for such farm? How much should be the covered area per cow?

6) I came to know that green fodder could substantially reduce the cost of concentrate, thereby reduce the cost of milk production. What sort of green fodder (both leguminous and non-leguminous) can be cultivated round the year in our area? Climatic condition in my village is extreme, with temperature in summer goes as high as 46 ~47C and in winter it goes down to 6 ~7C. Rainfall is less. However we have irrigation facilities through bore-well.

7) How much dry-fodder, green-fodder and concentrate should be given to a milking cow?

8) What sort of concentrate should be fed? What it should contain? In other words how to make home made concentrate to beat the cost?

9) What about mineral mix? How to prepare it?

10) I want to do retail marketing of milk through poly-pack in Kolkata, where demand for cow milk is good. Is it required to be pasteurized before packing?

11) Do I need a chiller to preserve milk from going off? What size do you recommend and how much it would cost?

12) What cow should I purchase, namely Dry pregnant or Milking but pregnant?
    13) Which one is good so far milk is yield is concerned- Freestall or Tie-stall?

Looking forward to your help and assistance in this regard,

Cordially yours,
    Debasish Basak
    Kolkata
    Dear Debashish Basak,

Hi. I am a new member in this forum & it seems to me that everyone has lot of wueries on Dairy farming. I will be able to answer all of them.

However in this case I am giving you answers as per your queries.

1) Whether exotic variety Holstein Friesian cow is available in India? What is the nearby area (near Kolkata) where these cows could be bought?- How much a pure Holstein Friesian may cost each? How much a cross breed Holstein Friesian cow may cost? Where such cross breed HF cow available near Kolkata?

The area for buying HF cows can be Haryana, Punjab, Gujarat & Maharashtra. Pure may cost you in between 40-50,000 whereas Crossbred will be in the range of 20-40,000 depending upon Milk in 300 days which can range from 3000-4500 litres.

2) How much milk a cross-breed Holstein Friesian give? How much milk an exotic variety of Holstein Friesian cow give?

Crpss breds can give from 3000-7500 litre while Pure can give upto 12 -15000 litres in 300 days.

3) I came to know that milking by milking machine gives 20% additional milk. Also milking 3 times a day in 8 hours interval, increases milk yield by 30%. Please let me know whether same is true with cross breed Holstein Frisian cow.
    It is totally false information. Milk yield depends upon its genetic potential as well as Feeding Practices.

4) Does cooling arrangement (fan with mist spray) during summer help increase milk yield for cross breed Holstein Friesian cow? Whether increase in milk-yield is remunerative compared to the associated cost of cooling arrangement?
    Not really,. Difference can be hardly 2-4%.

5) What should be the minimum herd strength to make economical and remunerative Dairy Farm? How much it would cost me to build a shed (low cost building) suitable for such farm? How much should be the covered area per cow?

The minimum strength should be around 25 since not all animals are milking always. It is only 60% who are in Milk. Cost would be around 10,000 per animal. The area should be about 50 sq.ft.

6) I came to know that green fodder could substantially reduce the cost of concentrate, thereby reduce the cost of milk production. What sort of green fodder (both leguminous and non-leguminous) can be cultivated round the year in our area? Climatic condition in my village is extreme, with temperature in summer goes as high as 46 ~47C and in winter it goes down to 6 ~7C. Rainfall is less. However we have irrigation facilities through bore-well.

This can be determined only after looking at the village as well as the soil structure & its pH etc.

7) How much dry-fodder, green-fodder and concentrate should be given to a milking cow?

The total grass needed is 3% of the bodya wt ( excluding the water content in greens as green grass contain minimum 50% water ). This means for 500 Kg cow the total fodder would be 15 kgs out of which 40% should be dry which is = 6 kgs & remaining is Green grass = 9 Kgs nut actually 18 Kgs is needed as Green fodder contains 50% water & this weight has not to be considered.

8) What sort of concentrate should be fed? What it should contain? In other words how to make home made concentrate to beat the cost?

It is better to bring Cattle Feed manufactured by Companies as the process is too intricate.

Buy it from the market depending upon your Milk yield. Dont try to prepare it.

10) I want to do retail marketing of milk through poly-pack in Kolkata, where demand for cow milk is good. Is it required to be pasteurized before packing? No.

11) Do I need a chiller to preserve milk from going off? What size do you recommend and how much it would cost?
    Chiller size depends upon the total milk collected. You can get from 500-10,000 litre capacity.

Dry Pregnant.

13) Which one is good so far milk is yield is concerned- Freestall or Tie-stall?

Tie stall.

Please do send all your Queries to Dr. Chandrakiran Sant, Dairy Management Advisor. ( You may try google search also for Dr.C.N.Sant) We take up Dairy farms on Turnkey basis.

Thanking you & with warm regards,

Dr.Chandrakiran N.Sant
    Dairy Management Advisor

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta24365 View Post
    Dairy Farm & Milk Processing Project:
    Full project report of 650 pages covering all the aspects of dairy farm & milk processing business, with loan application procedures, is available at Rs5000 only.
    Ask for Sample report.
    sir,please send me the sample report, if the project is profitable, i will order the project report, thank you.

Dear Mr Ajay,

We are planning to start adairy farm with 25 cattles in our own farm. We are in need of complete project report and bank loan details and machineries you deal including the milking machine.

Safiullah

tamil nadu
    Last edited by Ritika; June 23rd, 2008 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Only Business members are allowed to post contact details. Please click "Upgrade" to become a Business member

i want to know the answer given by dr,shreedhar

Quote Originally Posted by shajathali View Post
    Hai

i am shajath. i am based at salem. i have my land in Trichy dist of tamil nadu. I have finished my ground level work to start a dairy with 25 animal mainly cross breed HF. Nowadays, Cross breed HF available every where. It is hard to locate the desi cow.
    cows suitable for dairy is available in the following area.

Mattagiri surrounding of Hosur Dist. A largest Governemnt Cattle Form situvated in that place. Kaveripattinam in Krishnagir Dist. Konganapuram in Erode Dist. Srirangam in Trichy Dist.

I am 100% sure that Milk is succesful Business, only if you invest your 15 hrs attention per day. Even India's largest Milk dairy gives buy-back to go for bank loan in specified dist of Tamil Nadu, they also arrange bank loan on our behalf.

Tips: one acre required for 5 animals for green fodder cultivation.

Regards
    shajath
    that is too much
    1 acre for 5 animals. Imagine if we want to scale it for 100 animals, then we just need 20 acres of land for fodder. I have just 9 acres of land in total!

Default where is the availability of crossbreed HF in big Nos.

Hi All,
    We r setting up an dairy farm I went through all aspects above they were very needful to me specially from Mr.Shajathali and Dr.Sant, We want exactly around 500 HF Crossbreed could u all help me pls and even I m trying for some finance from Psu or Any subsidised loan if available from government.
    and good luck to Mr.debasish_basak for his project.

I'll wait for all to reply,
    thx,
    Jigar shah.
    Last edited by jigarshah9959; July 17th, 2008 at 09:22 PM.

Blog Entries

Smile Purchase of 500 cows....

Dear Mr. Jigar Shah,

It is indeed nice to know that you are setting up a Dairy farm of 500 animals. Getting 500 animals is not a problem as I can assure you getting at least 50 good cows every month from various places viz. Ahmed Nagar, Loni, Shrirampur, Baramati, Daund, Ghodegaon ( all from Maharashtra) etc.

I am sure you are aware that we do require these animals in different stages of lactation thus this arrangement would be quite affective as well as feasible.

I am sure you are aware of the Factual assumptions in dairy farming viz. :-
    1.The cost of animal will be Rs. 30- 35,000/- & will have milk @ 4500-5000 litres per lactation.( which means about 15 litres/day for 300 days)

2.It has to be ensured that minimum 60 - 65% of the animals will always be in Milking so that you can get milk all year round.

3.The Farm of 500 cows will hold 500 cows & 425 calves (85% newborns usually survive).

4.The actual figures for the cows in Feeding & management will number about 640 as 3 calves usually account for ONE cow in terms of Feeding Expense.

I am sure you must have done all the calculations in the similar manner.

Please do note that the two major expenses viz.
    1. Cost of animal &
    2. Construction of the Shed is only ONE TIME & is depreciable.

However the Recurring cost is of Feeding which is (forever increasing) has to be paid minute attention to.

In a farm of 500 cows the eating cows will be 640 , so considering the animals eat worth Rs. 1/- more than required then this can lead to a loss of Rs. 640/- per day which is = Rs. 2,33,600/- per year.

At the same time if you save ONE Re. in feeding then what can be your saving??

Dont worry about procuring the cows: it is a very easy task but PLEASE DO PAY ATTENTION TO THE RECURRING COST of feeding animals which is around 80% in todays Dairy farming.

Please do call to discuss in detail.

Wishing you the very best in your venture & with warm regards,

Dr.Chandrakiran Sant (Dairy Management Advisor)

Question Some tips about putting up a dairy farm

Dear Debasish,

I was searching for some information about dairy farming and first I read your Thread and it was really interesting. I would like to know whether you have started your Dairy farming or still you are working in the project.

If you have started I would like to have some tips and inputs from you as I am also planning to start Dairy farming. Currently I am working in Speciality Chemical company as Regional Manager, but I would like to switch over to farming and to start with Dairy farming.

I have to start from scratch as I will have to start with buying land and to have 30 cows initially and then increase in different stages. I have identified Halol, Gujarat as the place to start this project.

I request you to send as much information as possible, so that I can move forward faster.

thanks,
    Sibu
    Quote Originally Posted by debasish_basak View Post
    Dear Sree46,

I want to start dairy farming with cross-breed Holstein Friesian cow of 20 (to start with and gradually to increase the number) numbers. I have 10 acre of land with orrigation facilities, where I can grow green fodder. Climate in my area is extreame (180Km from Kolkata) with summer temperature goes as high as 46-47C and winter temperature 5~6C. Electricity is avaiable in my village.

Please let me know the following information:
    1) Whether exotic variety Holstein Friesian cow is available in India? What is the nearby area ( near Kolkata) where these cows could be bought?- How much a pure Holstein Friesian may cost each? How much a cross breed Holstein Friesian cow may cost? Where such cross breed HF cow available near Kolkata?

10) I want to do retail marketing of milk through poly-pack in Kolkata, where demand for cow milk is good. Is it required to be pasteurized before packing?

Looking forward to your help and assistance in this regard,

Cordially yours,
    Debasish Basak
    Kolkata

I am looking at setting up a large dairy farm starting with over 500 animals and then expanding it. Are there any farms of this size currently in India? What would be the best regions in the country to target to obtain land and start operations ?

I can reach you, Dr.Chandrakiran Sant directly if you can provide me some contact informaton ?

Thanks
    Praveen

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast