Talk to an Expert on apple cultivation in South India and for cultivation of lesser known fruits. The expert is a fruit scientist with 45 years of specialized experience in this field
Areas of Expertise: Apple cultivation, growing of wild, unexploited and lesser known fruits and multipurpose plants.
Languages Spoken by Expert: English, Hindi
During the call, following points about apple cultivation and other new fruits can be discussed in more detail:
- Apple cultivation in tropical Karnataka and similar areas:Can apples be cultivated at my place?
2. What are suitable varieties
3. What are climatic requirements
4. What is the time of planting
5. From where I shall get the plants
6. How long the plants shall take to come into bearing
7. What other precautions are needed
8. Can I get any literature or package of practices on growing apples in South India
9. As I know, apple is a fruit of colder regions and therefore grown in hills only. How is it possible to grow it in a warm area like Karnataka
- New fruit crops:What new fruits do you suggest for South India
2. What are the future prospects of these fruits
3. How to start commercial cultivation of these crops
4. What help shall you provideC. New Fruit Crops for North India:1. What new crops do you suggest for our plains and foot hills of North India.
2. What new crops do you suggest for our plains and mid hills of North India.
3. What new crops do you suggest for high hills of North India
4. What are the new scientific developments in temperate fruit production
5. What help you will provide
About the Expert
The expert is a Ph.D (Horticulture from University of Udaipur, India) and is an established senior fruit scientist.
Total experience in the profession: 46 years.
Serving corporate clients, mostly US companies, as CONSULTANT, in the area of lesser known plants: 16 years
Teaching, research and supervision of M. Sc. and Ph.D. students at universities in India and abroad: 14 years
Number of students supervised: Ph.D., 2; M. Sc., 6.
Awards & honours:
Himachal Shree Award in 2007 and Scientist of the Year Award for 2012 in recognition for my efforts and contribution for the promotion of wild growing fruits of Himachal Pradesh.
Books: One published in 1982; second likely to go to press shortly.
CD Rom: One, entitled SOME WILD GROWING FRUITS, NUTS AND EDIBLE PLANTS OF THE WESTERN HIMALAYAS, released in 2007.
Online encyclopedia on edible fruits – Launched on 16 May, 2008 which has information on 445 edible fruits from various parts of the world. Pages on new fruits are being added every week.
Research papers: 35.
Magazine/Newspaper articles: 135
You can now speak to the expert over phone and have a detailed discussion on Apple cultivation
Once the payment is made, we will contact you to set up a time for the call with the expert. The call duration is normally 1 hour. The call will be usually completed within one week