Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Question Wish to do tree plantation

Register

Click Here!

rajakr

This is R.Rajaprathaban from Perambalur (DT), Tamil Nadu. I wish to do tree plantation in my land. I require some guidance to do this. I have some questions listed below. Hope I can get answers for all the questions.

Which type of trees shall I prefer?
Where I can get samplings?
What are the procedure to do tree plantation?
Can I get loan or subcide from government?
Yes means how to get it?

garao56

Please inform the extent of land to be covered under tree plantation( Farm forestry) , wther water source is available or not, all the technical guidance will be provided on cultivation aspects., saplings can be obtained from nurseries depending upon the type of trees to be planted.

At present no subsidy is available from Government.

Term loan can be avialed from Banks , to be repaid in lumpsum after harvesting by mortgaing the land.

At present there is no demand for Eucalyptus and prices are very low and uneconomical. Please go for casurina plantation which can be marketed for fuel wood and poles but average price will around Rs.2000/- ton.

If you take up Malabar neem which will be fetching higher prices after 7-10 years. (More profitable)

If you have sufficient irrgation water , please take up Taiwan gua , you will get Rs.2.00 Lacs profit per acre ( assured income for 15 yers ) and you can plant sandal wood trees inside which fetch lakhs of rupees after 15-20 years
Please contact us for project report.

G. Anandarao

Last edited by a moderator: