Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Why Turmeric?

Register

Click Here!

colours

Why Turmeric (Haldi)??

The Turmeric used for both medicinal purposes (extracting curcumin content) and can be used as a spice (whole or powder).

There are number of varieties like; Duggirala, Tekkurpet, Sugandham, Amalapuram, Erode local, Alleppey, Moovattupuzha, and Lakdong and improved verities of turmeric are PTS, Salem, Roma, IISR Prabha, IISR Prathibha, Alleppey, BSR-2, CO-1 etc. and need to check with your nearest Spice Board which one will suit best to your local area based on soil and weather conditions.

01.Turmeric farming is easy as it is similar to many traditional methods.
02.It is less prone to diseases and easily controllable.
03.You have to buy rhizomes only once and each year you can produce your own rhizomes. That means only one time investment. Once you are successfully cultivate the Turmeric and I am sure you never go for other the crops and you will cultivate Turmeric every year! It is advisable that you should opt for quality from the beginning.
04.Since it is a Commercial crop and it is always profitable.
05.Not required any special skilled labours.
06.You can cultivate with any irrigation methods.
07.There are various kinds of machineries available in the market to reduce the labour input and which gives more profit.

I can supply Turmeric rhizomes in March/April 2012, which is high yield and high carcumin content variety for very reasonable price. My farms are located near Davanagere, Karnataka. If you are really interested and want to pre order please email me . I can also guide you about the cultivation.

Regards,
Vishwa

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashwini

HI

YOu can post the latest innovations in turmeric too, which would be useful for the readers.

Regards
Ashwini

svkote

Thanks for the info. Can you let us know what are the suitable soil ( in terms of Ph and texture) and climatic conditions are needed for Turmeric crop?

turmeric..

dear vishwa,

can you please send me your email id. . i want to discuss something about turmeric farming.

thanks - vinod

Why Turmeric (Haldi)??

The Turmeric used for both medicinal purposes (extracting curcumin content) and can be used as a spice (whole or powder).

There are number of varieties like; Duggirala, Tekkurpet, Sugandham, Amalapuram, Erode local, Alleppey, Moovattupuzha, and Lakdong and improved verities of turmeric are PTS, Salem, Roma, IISR Prabha, IISR Prathibha, Alleppey, BSR-2, CO-1 etc. and need to check with your nearest Spice Board which one will suit best to your local area based on soil and weather conditions.

01.Turmeric farming is easy as it is similar to many traditional methods.
02.It is less prone to diseases and easily controllable.
03.You have to buy rhizomes only once and each year you can produce your own rhizomes. That means only one time investment. Once you are successfully cultivate the Turmeric and I am sure you never go for other the crops and you will cultivate Turmeric every year! It is advisable that you should opt for quality from the beginning.
04.Since it is a Commercial crop and it is always profitable.
05.Not required any special skilled labours.
06.You can cultivate with any irrigation methods.
07.There are various kinds of machineries available in the market to reduce the labour input and which gives more profit.

I can supply Turmeric rhizomes in March/April 2012, which is high yield and high carcumin content variety for very reasonable price. My farms are located near Davanagere, Karnataka. If you are really interested and want to pre order please email me . I can also guide you about the cultivation.

Regards,
Vishwa

sanjay58

i have about 1/2 bigha sandy land with water facility.
can i cultivate profitable tumeric farming, and the land is at ahmedabad, gujarat.
regards, sanjay

colours

email

Please send me your email id, so that I can send you all the details of Turmeric cultivation.

regards,

vishwa

davedhruv

latest innovations in turmeric

Hi Ashwini/Vishwa,

Please do share latest innovations in turmeric so we all will be aware of it.

Thanks and Regards,
Dhruv Dave

madhu09

Turmeric cultivation

Pls give me your contact details or pls contact me , I am interested in purchasing turmeric rhizomes for cultivation.

Madhusudhan