Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Save chennai

Register

Click Here!

kannan148

I m going to start a group called ECO FRIENDS we all just a school friends about 10 middle class peoples. but want to leave chennai green for our next generations. so want to plant trees in road sides. Any one kindly suggest which tree will be good for chennai water problem, temperature and give more oxygen. How much it will cost

M KANNAN

Last edited by a moderator:

ranjitha

Try isha

Hi
why dont you Sadguru Jaggi vasudev in coimbatore he has taken up maha yagya of plantaion trees
you can contact his organisation you get very good response .plz contact
ISHA FOUNDATION .ORG
ISHA ASHRAM
COIMBATORE

senkumarb

Dear Kannan & Eco Friends ,
Appreciate your initiative , concern for next gen.

GreenCommune

are involved in sustainable activities in chennai and other parts of south India,
happy to help for your initiative.
Pls. share your contact detail for further..

Regards,
Senthil

bala_e

Dear Kannan,

Really appreciate your initiative to save Chennai. One article says (not able to recollect the name) they found one tree that will intake more CO or CO2 etc., and produce more O2. Definately it will help for your initiative. Currently I'm in US otherwise I would join with your group.

Why don't you contact Coimbatore agriculture university professors? They are doing good jobs.

vriksha

plant trees and flowering bushes

Peepul and neem trees are very suitable for roadside plantation. Peepul is a big spreading tree with many leaves. It is a good producer of oxygen and thus an air purifier.

But you should also consider flowering trees which produce beautiful flowers and thus add beauty to the landscape. Some good flowering trees are: gulmohar, spathodea,amaltas, jacaranda, cassia,silk cotton tree,erythrina,bauhinia (kachnar),champa (michelia champaca),frangipani(plumeria alba). There are also many flowering bushes which you can plant for beautiful flowers like oleander and krishnachura etc.

Contact the forest nurseries in your area. Most of them produce tree saplings in bulk on demand from customers. These saplings are sold at govt. subsidized rates. For a better response, meet the Conservator in your area first and he /she will them direct you to the nearest forest nursery where you can place your order. You will have to find out the rates of various trees from the forest nursery staff as they vary from place to place and from nursery to nursery. Good luck and happy planting!

SWAMY1807

Kanna,
How many plant have been planted from the date of joining to this forum?
Try planting one plant for day for head and then see your city will start yielding cool cool. First you start and others will also follow you. You may select waht ever the plant, after all plant is plant it will justify for your desire.
All the best.
SWAMY

vasanthsastri

Happy to Help you

Hi ECO Friends,

I'm Vasanth Sastri from chennai, working in a software company and started a small farm near chennai. I've started planting trees in my farm for a natural fence and also started collecting few seeds of trees. I'm also a long time volunteer in Isha Foundation, so I can guide you to get sampling from Isha. Isha is also looking for guys like you to make this world green.

Contact me any time, happy to help you...

logsudh

Hi Kannan ,
Have you started a group of your own ? .. If not you can join with my CTC group who do the saplings plantation every weekend. Even you can join with Isha Group .

Regards
Sudhakar