Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Procedure for Agri-Land Acquisition in India

Register

Click Here!

hardikbarchha

Hi,
I want to know the process to become a farmer and acquire Agri-Land in various parts of the country. Please explain the process, if none of my family members are currently in Farming, i.e. in which States in India can I acquire Agri-Land and start Farming / Agricultural Activities.

Also, in continuation with above query, I further want to know, whether I can acquire agricultural Land in Gujarat, if my Great Grandfather was a Farmer and we have a certificate of Income Tax regarding this. After his death, the agricultural land, which he owned (in Gujarat) was sold by my Grandfather. Now, can my Grandfather or my Father or myself acquire Agri-Land in Gujarat on the basis of that document, saying that we want to re-start the Agriculture Business of our Fore-Father.

Thanks in advance to all.

viren_kum

Namashkar,

The document will not help to get a farmer status for you. You cannot achieve farmer status in Gujarat. The only way is through family, which is not true in your case.

You may look into other states.

Gujarat is the most strict regarding farming status.

hardikbarchha

Which other states allow acquiring Farm Land to Non-Farmers

Hi,
Can you please guide, which States in India allow acquisition of Agricultural Lands to Non-Farmers?

ksraj

Buying Agri Land

Hi,
Can you please guide, which States in India allow acquisition of Agricultural Lands to Non-Farmers?
Hi, You can buy AGRICULTURE LAND IN Maharashtra's BEED district alone without being an agriculturist & thereafter buy land in any part of the State as well as our country as having clear title to Agricultural Land in any part of our country is the required proof or identification of being an Agriculturist. I bought land in Tamilnadu where any body can buy without any restrictions & thereafter with the land records & a certificate from the Thasildar about my being the owner of the purchased land, purchased land in Maharashtra's Thane Dist.

KS RAJ

ganapati

Hi,
I want to know the process to become a farmer and acquire Agri-Land in various parts of the country. Please explain the process, if none of my family members are currently in Farming, i.e. in which States in India can I acquire Agri-Land and start Farming / Agricultural Activities.

Also, in continuation with above query, I further want to know, whether I can acquire agricultural Land in Gujarat, if my Great Grandfather was a Farmer and we have a certificate of Income Tax regarding this. After his death, the agricultural land, which he owned (in Gujarat) was sold by my Grandfather. Now, can my Grandfather or my Father or myself acquire Agri-Land in Gujarat on the basis of that document, saying that we want to re-start the Agriculture Business of our Fore-Father.

Thanks in advance to all.
90 acres/part of agricultural land @ Rs. 80,000/ acre is available adjacent to my following property:-

PROPERTY AT DEHEN
1. I own a small, hilly, laterite land admeasuring 7.5 acres (17º 51’41” N, 73º 9’ 15” E) at post Dehen, Tal. Dapoli, Dist. Ratnagiri of Konkan region in Maharashtra. Dehen is a small village, 28 km. from Mandangad ( A taluka place),on Mandangad-Anjarle Road and 20 km. from Dapoli (Nearest Taluka place).
2. There are 100, 5 yrs. old mango plants & 25 fruiting cashew nut plants.
3. My interest is to grow Rudraksha (Elaeocarpus ganitrus) varieties (Total 350 all over the world known in Australia as Blue Berry Ash/Quandong.
4. The project includes development of a "Nakshatravan" as well.
5. The land has a kuccha well admeasuring 25 feet in diameter, kuccha approach road admeasuring 1100 ft.in length & 15 ft. in breadth,10 HP power connection & a pucca house admesuring 450 sq. ft. with three rooms & veranda.
6. The entire land is fenced as per the Government Demarcation, saucer shaped ,bottom height 80 M above sea level, peripheral height(rim) 105 M above sea level with a gradient of about 30 degree.
7. Konkan season is heavy rains in monsoon (4 months) followed by scarcity of water for 8 months, very hot & humid in summer(sea shore at 8 km.).

neovilas

90 acres/part of agricultural land @ Rs. 80,000/ acre is available adjacent to my following property:-

PROPERTY AT DEHEN
1. I own a small, hilly, laterite land admeasuring 7.5 acres (17º 51’41” N, 73º 9’ 15” E) at post Dehen, Tal. Dapoli, Dist. Ratnagiri of Konkan region in Maharashtra. Dehen is a small village, 28 km. from Mandangad ( A taluka place),on Mandangad-Anjarle Road and 20 km. from Dapoli (Nearest Taluka place).
2. There are 100, 5 yrs. old mango plants & 25 fruiting cashew nut plants.
3. My interest is to grow Rudraksha (Elaeocarpus ganitrus) varieties (Total 350 all over the world known in Australia as Blue Berry Ash/Quandong.
4. The project includes development of a "Nakshatravan" as well.
5. The land has a kuccha well admeasuring 25 feet in diameter, kuccha approach road admeasuring 1100 ft.in length & 15 ft. in breadth,10 HP power connection & a pucca house admesuring 450 sq. ft. with three rooms & veranda.
6. The entire land is fenced as per the Government Demarcation, saucer shaped ,bottom height 80 M above sea level, peripheral height(rim) 105 M above sea level with a gradient of about 30 degree.
7. Konkan season is heavy rains in monsoon (4 months) followed by scarcity of water for 8 months, very hot & humid in summer(sea shore at 8 km.).
Hi,

Can you share your contact details about the land you mentioned near your farm. And how your Nakshatravan Project is progressing.