Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Organic certification - doubts on norms

Register

Click Here!

chennaivishnu

I have brought 20 acres of virgin land for organic farming (so that the certification will be quicker) in Andhra Pradesh, India, and I am working to make it cultivable. I am planning for Organic certification (including USDA, NPOP and EU) so that I can go for export. I have the following questions for which I am looking for an answer. I will appreciate if anyone could answer these questions.

Question 1: As a part of our way of organic cultivation, we are planning to apply to our land solutions that contain Jaggery and pulse flour (like Besan flour, for jeevamirdham, EM, etc). Initially we will need to buy it from open markets, which means, these are not going to be necessarily organic. Will this disqualify us from being certified?

2. We are also planning to use Humic acid which is being sold by NLC (Neiveli Lignite Corporation), Tamil Nadu, India, to enrich our land. We are told that this comes naturally from coal mines and so it is organic. But, is this recognized as organic and so is this allowed to be used in certified organic farms?

I will really appreciate if anyone can answer these questions.

Vishnu

brreddy

Dear vishnu, there are about 12 cerification agencies in india(go through apeda website). First of all, you have to register in a cerification agency. They give you full particulars of do's and don'ts. The NSOP standards are to be followed in india. In case of virgin land, i think, it is easy to get certification at the first instance. The traditional land may take upto 3 years for full certification. Lacon certification agency is tied up for export organic products. Pl contact them for full details.

regards
B R REDDY

chinnadurai

Sir,

We are offering Organic Certification services for Farm/processing/Trading unit. Further information contact....
Please contact....
Chinnadurai
Control Union Certifications( Formerly Skal International)
Chennai

Last edited by a moderator:

vikassandu

Organic agro products

I have brought 20 acres of virgin land for organic farming (so that the certification will be quicker) in Andhra Pradesh, India, and I am working to make it cultivable. I am planning for Organic certification (including USDA, NPOP and EU) so that I can go for export. I have the following questions for which I am looking for an answer. I will appreciate if anyone could answer these questions.

Question 1: As a part of our way of organic cultivation, we are planning to apply to our land solutions that contain Jaggery and pulse flour (like Besan flour, for jeevamirdham, EM, etc). Initially we will need to buy it from open markets, which means, these are not going to be necessarily organic. Will this disqualify us from being certified?

2. We are also planning to use Humic acid which is being sold by NLC (Neiveli Lignite Corporation), Tamil Nadu, India, to enrich our land. We are told that this comes naturally from coal mines and so it is organic. But, is this recognized as organic and so is this allowed to be used in certified organic farms?

I will really appreciate if anyone can answer these questions.

Vishnu

October 20, 2009

Dear Vishnu;

Let me first congratulate you for deciding to go for Organic Farming.

You have mentioned HUMIC ACID for betterment of Land.

I am pleased to introduce our company SANDU AGRO CHEMICALS as a leading manufacturer of ORGANIC AGRO PRODUCTS and Farm Development Consultants.

We offer a range of Organic Products useful for complete Organic Farming. Currently hundreds of farmers in Maharashtra, Gujrat, Goa and Chattisgarh are using our products. The plantations include Mangoes, Grapes, Chikoos,Exotic Vegetables, Cut flowers etc.

One of our main product is HUMIC - 12 which is a FORMULATION based on pure Humic Acid. It has given AMAZING RESULTS[/U][/B] and is proven to be SUPERIOR TO HUMIC ACID.

We also offer complete farm consultation . This includes soil, water and plantation consultation. We have a panal of 12 agro scientists who specialize in different aspects of farming.

Please contact me...
Regards;

DR.VIKAS S.SANDU
CEO
SANDU AGRO CHEMICALS

Last edited by a moderator: