Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Question Need guidance on rabbit farming and where to sell them?

Register

Click Here!

georggefarms

I am into Rabbit Farming, we can have discussions and problems everyone face everyday. I have spoken to many, no one has ever said we can't sell them.

Everyone is saying its easy to sell it and we have a demand. I am planning to quit my full time job and do this, can someone suggest where to sell them regularly like any seller is there to take them?, we have any mediators like we have for fish, prawns and other meat.

Lets unite together and discuss, lets not be selfish only I should live or sell lets share and let everyone live.

Thank you in advance,

Mathew Georgge,

greenlandfns

I am into Rabbit Farming, we can have discussions and problems everyone face everyday. I have spoken to many, no one has ever said we can't sell them.

Everyone is saying its easy to sell it and we have a demand. I am planning to quit my full time job and do this, can someone suggest where to sell them regularly like any seller is there to take them?, we have any mediators like we have for fish, prawns and other meat.

Lets unite together and discuss, lets not be selfish only I should live or sell lets share and let everyone live.

Thank you in advance,

Mathew Georgge,
Contact Ashiana Rabbit Farm, Tirur. Kerala. There are many posts in this site about Ashiana Rabbit Farm.

intertrade

Strongly suggest to drop the idea if you want to go for commercial farming,
for hobby, well you may indulge.

Never even think about leaving your job dear friend, NO.

i had my integrated animal husbandry in 1993 with piggery, cows, goat, rabbit and small fish pond,
as i was serving that industry across India i used my exposure and successfully we were doing the venture
without bank loan though the project was inspected by NABARD RO, District collector, bankers, we applied,
followed yet we depended on our own funding and successfully came out without borrowing and gave them stinkers!

demand for rabbit farm not caught interest at its right figures yet,
like kada, japanese quail - they were at peak during late '80s.

talk to me tomorrow for a personal briefing.

Vallal Ranganathan, Bangalore.
Mobile: 9620 557190, 7010 334055.

garao56

Unless people adopt for eating rabbit meet in more quantity regularly it may be difficult to market the rabbit meat in south India. In case of Emu birds farmers have taken up farming with huge amount of loans and the schemes failed due to non-consumption of meat in India resulted in failure .

G.Ananda Rao B.Sc(Ag)
Retd Agricultural Officer & Agricultural Banker
Vijaya Agro Consultants
Vijayawada -13
9703128495/80747374