Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Need Details about Chicken Form

Register

Click Here!

sharao

Hi,

I am interesting to start a Chicken Form with 10,000 birds. I need details about starting the chicken form.

How much land I neede ?
how much capital I need to invest ?
Where I need to start Chicken Form (suitable environment conditions) ?
Where I can get chicken birds in Andhrapradhesh State ?
and How much they will cast per one bird?
How to prepare birds food ?
How many workers I need to maintain one chicken form?

I am new to this business.. what kind of risks we can face in chicken forms..?

please let me know?

Regards
Srinivas Rao Gunja :confused:
Warangal
AndhraPradhesh

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashwini

HI

Poultry egg and meat are important sources of high quality proteins, minerals and vitamins to balance the human diet. Specially developed breeds of egg type chicken are now available with traits of quick growth and high feed conversion efficiency. Depending on the farm-size, layer (for eggs) farming can be main source of family income or can provide income and gainful employment to farmers throughout the year. Poultry manure has high fertilizer value and can be used for increasing yield of all crops

YOu can approach suguna chicken for buy back facility. THe cost varies on a various parameters.

1. Locational biosecurity :
* Farm should be located
- At an elevated and well ventilated site
- Away from any existing farms or complexes
- Away from water ways/water pools/lakes/tanks
- Away from any nearby village poultry
* Broiler and layer units should not be established in close vicinity
* Farms having more than 50000 birds (Layers) should preferably have separate facilities for
brooding/growing.
* The new poultry farms may be one kilometer away from the existing farms or complexes.

2. Structural biosecurity:

* Construct separate sheds for brooding/growing/laying operations with East-West orientation.
* A minimum distance of 150 ft. between brooding/growing sector and layer sector should be maintained. The distance between the sheds within the sector should be at least 50 ft.
* In case of farms wherein brooding/growing operations are carried out along with layer operations 1:3 system of rearing may be adopted, while in case of units where brooding/growing operations are carried out at separate places, 1:1:4 or 1:1:5 system of rearing may be adopted.
* Multi-storeyed poultry sheds are not desirable.
* Individual farms should be provided fencing with wheel dip at main gate. Provide foot dips at every doorstep.
* The maximum width of the sheds in the case of deep litter system should not exceed 30 feet and the shed should be 2 feet above ground level with pucca floor.
* A minimum over hang of 3 feet must be provided.
* The maximum width of the sheds should be 33.5 feet in case of layer houses under cage system.
* In case of cage system, rows as well as tiers should not be more than three.
* The height of the platform from the ground should not be less than 6 feet in case of cage system.
* For ideal farming, 3 birds per cage with adequate water and feeding facilities should be ensured
* Provide closed disposal pit or incinerator at least 500 feet away from the active operational area.
* A store house for proper storage of litter material should be provided to avoid contamination.
* Provide proper area for used litter disposal away from the active operational area.
* Feed store/mill should be 150 feet away from the sheds and preferably near the gate.
* Office and egg store should be away from active operational area and preferably at the main gate.
* All the sheds and other structures should have rat proof arrangements.

3. Operational biosecurity :

* Procure the day old chicks, which are free from diseases from reputed hatcheries
* It is advisable to have cage system of rearing in place of deep litter system of rearing.
* As far as possible automated equipment should be considered to minimize the manual handling of feeds and water.
* Testing feed ingredients/feeds must be arranged to ensure that they are free from microbial agents or toxins at periodic intervals.
* Storage facilities for feed ingredients/feeds must be managed in an hygienic manner.
* Ensure the feed manufacturing area free from dust, cobwebs and should be equipped with appropriate screens to protect from fly problem.
* It is advisable to feed the birds with pellets for improved biosecurity.
* Sheds having infected flocks should be served with feed at the end of a delivery day.
* Always ensure the supply of clean and potable water. If necessary use appropriate sanitizers.
* Periodic inspection of wells, piping and tanks to ensure that water supplied is clean.
* An area specific vaccination schedule as recommended by hatchery doctor must be practiced with utmost care.
* Rodent control programme, where ever necessary, must be adopted by employing mechanical (traps) or chemical techniques along with strict sanitation measures.
* After selling each crop from the sheds, thorough cleaning of sheds should be done by removing all fixtures, equipment, litter dust, debris followed by brooming and burning. The rat holder cracks, worn out area should be packed with cement.
* Thorough cleaning of the vegetation six feet around the sheds and spraying of bleaching powder (1 parts) with lime (3 parts) around the sheds for a minimum of 3 feet.
* Avoid use of litter as manure around the farms.
* Well cleaning of sheds and equipment with water and appropriate detergent.
* A thorough disinfection of sheds, equipments as well as farm surroundings by formalin spray at recommended concentration.
* Foot baths should be always filled with disinfectant.
* Vehicles visiting the farms should be thoroughly disinfected by appropriate disinfectant spray.
* Personnel working in laying sectors should not be allowed into brooding/growing sector or feed manufacturing facilities. All visitors must be ensured to walk through foot baths.
* Disposal of dead birds in hygienic manner either by using incinerator or by pit method is very essential.

REgards
Ashwini